The Dance

Always Mine ~ Wir Gehören Zusammen (We Belong Together)

 

Jongin stared at his ex-lovers back longingly as Sehun and Asher left for a change of clothes. Apparently, Asher had drop a glass of juice on his father’s suit. Jongin tried to hold his chuckles as Sehun had unconsciously pouted at his son for the spill while the said son had his puppy eyes on set. It was a sight indeed.

Jongin felt his heart leap as the younger man had never changed at all. He may have been dressed in an expensive, but Sehun will always be Sehun. Jongin heaved a heavy sigh as he went tried to focus on the conversation between his Minseok-hyung and Sehun’s half-brother.

There were similarities between the younger and the elder Wu. Both had this intimidating aura that makes people squirm but they also have that same smile that can melt a thousand of hearts. They were both tall and very caring towards others. Jongin was so busy watching when suddenly someone had pat his leg.

Jongin looked down and saw one of the heirs of Wu Corp looking at him. Jongin wanted to smile at the dimpled boy who was staring at him with wide-eyes.

“Mister, I think I have seen you before” He said gently in a broken Korean language. Jongin tilt his head in confusion as the boy had held his hands, silently asking him to carry him into his arm. He smiled and obliged the little boy.

“Hi, what’s your name?” he said softly as the boy continue to stare at his face

“My name is Xing-ie. How about you mister?” the boy said mirroring his confused expression

“I’m Jongin. I’m Minguk’s appa” He said as he smiled

“Do you dance, Mister Jongin?” the young boy asked

“Yes, I do. When I was young like you, I used to dance” He said with a smile as the memories of his childhood come into mind. The young master Wu beamed as he nodded ecstatically.

“Me too! Jun-Appa enrolled me to Jazz school.”  Xing-ie had continued to tell Jongin stories of his dance classes. Jongin smiled as he watched the young one had shared his passion. Jongin felt a tug in his chest as the memories in the past comes into mind.

“Uncle Shixun used to dance too. “ Xing continues to babble as he told Jongin how graceful his uncle was when he dances. Jongin felt his chest tighten as his memories of Sehun slowly comes back to life

 

8 years ago

“Oh man! I’m late!” he thought. Jongin was rushing towards the dance studio. He was so caught up with Chanyeol and Baekhyun that he almost forgot his next class.  He was panting so soon as he arrived the dance studio. Luckily, he made it on time. He hurriedly stretched his muscle before the class officially starts.

Jongin saw a handsome kid went inside the class with their teacher. The new student was tall and handsome. He had lean and y physique. Jongin felt his throat ran dry as he studied the new student from head to toe. He wasn’t wearing anything fancy but Jongin felt like he saw a prince in real life. Jongin was so busy looking at the younger boy when suddenly their eyes met. He felt blush creeping into his face when the new kid offered a kind smile at his direction.

 

“Ok class, this is Oh Sehun. He is our new transfer student.” Their teacher said as he pushed Sehun towards the center of the studio.

“I am Oh Sehun. Please take care of me” Sehun said as he bowed in front of them.

“Kim Jongin, you will be helping Sehun with the routines.” Their teacher said as he pulled Sehun and Jongin to the sides.

Jongin felt flustered as they were pulled together. “I…ahh.. uhmm” Jongin stammered. His face went beet red as the new student smiled softly at him.

“It’s ok. I hope you can help me with the routines, though” Sehun said as he pouted a little. Everything about Sehun screams “cute” and Kim Jongin finds himself smiling at the new kid

“Yes, are you ready?” he said as he continued to stretch his body

“Yup! I was born ready!” Sehun said excitedly.

Jongin knew it was indeed love at first sight.

 

Both Jongin and Xing were so immersed in their world when they heard a deep chuckled behind them. Jongin and Yixing both looked behind them and saw Yifan and Junmyeon looking at them playfully. They were both holding Minguk and the couple’s youngest son in their arms.

“Baba, Mister Jongin can dance too!” Xing exclaimed happily to his parents as they went closer to them.

“Really? Is he good like Uncle Shixun?” Yifan asked as he gave the younger Kim a smile.

Xing tilted his head to the sides as he looked at Jongin.

“Can you dance well like Uncle Shixun?” he asked Jongin. Jongin wanted to say “Yes” but he knew saying Yes would only make their situation worse. Sehun doesn’t want anything to do with him.

“Gukkie, Gukkie-appa dance good?” Tao asked his new friend. When Minguk heard the word dance, the younger one nodded and looked at his appa.

“Appa dance. Gukkie wants appa to dance” He said eyes pleading at his daddy. The couple look at Jongin with sudden interest.

” now that you mentioned it, Minseok had always been proud about your dancing skills.” Yifan said with a smile. Jongin felt a sudden lump on his throat. He smiled nervously at the couple.

“I’m not that good. I am actually a bt rusty” He said softly.

“Uncle we want to see you dance, please” Tao said pouting softly as he tugged his sleeves. Jongin really wanted to say No when there were 4 pairs of puppy eyes thrown into his direction, including the host himself.

How can Jongin say No?

 

Sehun was currently preparing for the special stage that his brother had begrudgingly ask him to perform. No matter how many times he declined the favor, his brother was so stubborn to push his luck. Sehun had no choice but to dance for the night’s gala. Sehun felt his heart sunk as he saw Jongin and Krystal again. He missed his ex-lover so much but he doesn’t want to be the reason to destroy the family that Jongin ever wanted. He shook his head and tried to focus on his task at hand. It had been since he had danced. He tried to stop doing routines since the day he left. He stop dancing because it will only remind him of Jongin even more.

Sehun was slowly stretching his limbs, he smiled bittersweetly as he remembered how Jongin used to help him stretch those limbs before their routines. He heaved a sigh as he prepared himself.

 

For the first time, he will be dancing again without the person he loved.