Changed? - Jungkook

[BTS] One Shots

[Requested by: Taemins_LittleNoona]

A wonderful scent of freshly brewed coffee filled my lungs as I ordered my morning coffee. I took a seat next to the large glass window and looked out. It was early in the morning and it was lightly snowing outside. I was meeting my best friend for coffee today. It was our normal routine before we go to our classes, but lately he hasn't been showing up. I looked at my phone and sighed. It's 8:36, where is he? Hearing a ring from the bell, my head turned to the entrance. A smile crept on my face as a familiar person entered.

"Hey Laura. Sorry I'm late," He said as he rushed to sit down. "I over slept...--There was a pause-- at Yuna's house." He mumbled before the waiter asked for his order. He order a large caramel macchiato then looked at me. "I know it's no excu--"

"I get it. She is more important than me...No need to keep explaining yourself." 

He blinked with a confused look on his face. "No she isn't...It's just...I can't explain it. I guess, it's just I don't want to ruin the relationship with her."

"But you would ruin ours? We have been friends since high school. I have been with you through everything and you will let it end for some girl you have been dating for...what? A month now? You know what I'm done talking to you. See you around Jungkook..." And with that being said, I left, out the door to my first class. In all honestly I was more anger than upset. When did he become such a douche? I swear she is changing him... Just let it go Laura, its over, he is not going to break up with her anytime soon. Probably will avoid him for a while. Yeah I'm going to avoid him...

*  *  *

Couple of days have past with many miss calls and texts from Jungkook. I am over the fact that he toss our friendship for a girl but I still don't want to talk to him. I see him and his girlfriend around school and I always walk the opposite way. Luckily, I don't have any classes with him, but I have English with his so called girlfriend. I always see her flirting with other guys, but Jungkook is indenial.

"Have you guys heard about that guy who ran across the college dorms?"  My friend Tina asked as she took a bite out of her hamburger.

I shook my head as well as Veronica. "Did you know who was it?" I asked stealing some fries from her. 

"Nope.. all I heard was that he was on some kind of drug and it happened around midnight. All you could hear is his screaming, something abou..." 

My ears tuned out her story as something caught my attention. "Aye, isn't that Yuna?" I whisper leaning over the table not leaving my gaze off her.

Tina immediately turned around but I quickly grabbed her shoulder and pulled it towards me. "Can you make it anymore obvious?" I whispered as I glanced at Yuna. "Okay now you can look quickly." I said seeing Yuna walking over to a table with a person.

Veronica nodded. "Yeah that is her... Wait a minute.." She squinted her eyes at the person Yuna was with.

My eyes widen and looked over at Veronica. "That is your boyfriend.. Maybe they are just hanging out." I said before she could talk.

"They better not do anything. If they do, someone is about to get hurt." She said as she stared at them, tapping her fingers on the table.

After a few minutes of them eating, Veronica's boyfriend fed Yuna a fry and that was all it took. Veronica got up her seat and started walking over there. I quickly got up and followed her, trying to stop her, but it was too late. A fight broke out and Yuna walked out but before she did, she said something to me.

"Don't even think about telling Jungkook this!"

*  *  *

 It's Monday again, and I'm contemplating whether or not to tell Jungkook. If I tell him would he even believe me? Nah, I don't think so...but then again..It is possible. I should just do it. it, I'm going to do it. I closed my textbook and got up. Quickly searching for my purse and keys, I was out of the house. Walking a few miles I was at his front door, taking a deep breath I knocked..

"Laura? You're back!" He said as he hugged me tightly.

I pushed him off gentle and looked at him in the eyes. "I need to talk to you.."

"Oh..Yeah sure. Come on in." He said stepping aside to let me through.

I walk in and sat down on the couch feeling the nervousness kick in.

"So..What did you want to tell me?" He asked as he sat down beside me.

"It's about Yuna.."

"Can we not talk about her? I know you don't like her."

"That is true, but.." I paused as I played with my fingers. "She is cheating on you.."

He was silent for a moment. "Are you lying right now?" He looked at me in disbelief.

I shook my head. "I saw her with Veronica's boyfriend at Bob's Burgers..."

He bit his lip. I can tell he was angry, but what he did after, I knew what was coming.

"You know I don't appreciate you lying to me. Are you jealous that I spend more time with her? I'm sorry that you don't have someone to be there for you like how I have Yuna. Maybe we shouldn't be friends. Fiends don't lie to each other like this." His voice was rising but he kept it calm. 

"But I'm not li-"

"Maybe you should leave.." He mumbled as he stared at the ground.

I stayed silent for a solid minute before I got up. "When you realize the truth about her, don't come crying to me." I said before I slammed the door shut. 


*  *  *

The next day came and I did my morning routine: get ready, go out for my morning coffee, then it's school time. Three periods have past and it was time for lunch. I met up with Veronica and Tina, we were just exiting out the front entrance of the school when we were greeted by Yuna and her group of friends.

"I ing told you not to snitch, ." Yuna said as she approached me with a hateful expression.

"Does it even matter? He didn't believe me." I said as I began to tie up my hair. I knew what was going to happen, might as well be prepared.

"Oh really he didn't? He ing broke up with me because of your !" She said, her face only centimeters away. 

I stood there silent, glaring deeply  inside of her soul. 

" say something!"

Again no words left my mouth. In an instant her fist met the side of my cheek. The gasps were heard from the crowd that began to form. I held my cheek as I look straight at her. "You ing !" I said before I slammed her to the ground and started pounding her. She some how was able to turn me around and she was on top. That's when I heard a voice. It was his voice. Everything was being muffled as I tried to fight back. Suddenly someone pulled her off and I can hear her screaming at me. I felt the blood drip down my nose and a arm helping me up. 

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked as he inspected my face. "Let's go get you clean up." 

I didn't say anything, but followed him to the bathroom.

He sat me down on the sink and wetted a paper towel. "I'm sorry she did this to you." He paused as he began to dab the blood off my face. "And I'm sorry I didn't listen to you.. You were right. I'm sorry." He said in a soft tone not able to look me in the eyes. 

It was silent for a moment. Then I lifted his chin up and smile. "It's okay. I forgive you, but next time you do that again, It's going to be a lot harder for me to forgive you." I said chuckling a little. 

"There won't be a next time. I promise that." He said then placed a kiss on my lips.