It's Not Fine - Jimin

[BTS] One Shots

[Requested by: Taemins_LittleNoona]

The sound of air being released as my upper arm loosens from the pressure was heard in the silent room. I stared at the doctor's hand as he unstrapped the cuff of the sphygmomanometer from me. His eyes followed the writing of his pen as he sighed. I turned to Jimin who was sitting down on the wooden chair, legs shaking. He gave me a warm smile just before the doctor ask if he could speak with him. He nodded and they walked out into the hallway, leaving me in the small white room. I stood up from the examination bed and walked to the large framed window looking out onto the busy city below. 

I always had heart problems at a very young age, but it was never this severe. The past few months I have been experiencing chest pains and parts of my body have been swelling up. The doctor told me I would be fine as long as I took the prescribe drugs they have given. After consuming many pills, it didn't have an effect on me anymore. Now I'm back here in the same old room for the 5th time this month.

My head turned as the door swung open. My eyes quickly met a dull brown eyed Jimin. The middle aged man took a seat in his chair and gestured me to sit down. I quickly walked over to the bed, a sense of tension filled the air. The man looked over at Jimin then at me.

"There is no easy way to say this so... I'm just going to say it." The doctor said hesitantly as he held the clipboard in his hand. "My team and I have your results from the last appointment. From the scans we found that..." There was a pause as he inhale a deep breath. "You are suffering with heart valve disease."

 

 

The sun was turning a golden yellow as the sky fades from red-orange to midnight black. The air was cold with a light breeze that rustled through his black hair. His mind was scattered lost and confused, How could this possibly happen? The doctor said she was going to be fine. How could they not find it sooner? Anger rose through out his body, covering his sadness that laid underneath. Walking up the steps of his home, he was greeted by a boxy smile that opened the door. 

"Jiminie! You are back! Do you want some Lamb Skewers? Yoongi hyung brought some earlier today." Taehyung said as he walked back into the living room filled with loud yelling.

Jimin shook his head as he took off his shoes and set them on the bottom rack. "No thanks...I'm not hungry." He said in a monotone voice as he followed Taehyung into the room. Everyone was watching the arm wrestling match intensely. Yoongi cheering on the maknae as Jin was being defeated once again. Jimin sat down on the couch tiredly next to Hoseok. 

"How was the check up? Is Laura better?" Hoseok asked looking at the younger boy. Judging by the way his eyes were beginning to gloss, he immediately wrapped the fragile boy into his arms. "Everything will be fine." He cooed into his ear. 

Sounds of weeping were heard as the members turned their attention to the sound. Slowly they made their way to the boy forming a small circle as they gather onto the couch. Jungkook's hand made contact with Jimin's back, rubbing it in a circular motion. They stayed in silent watching him cry onto Hoseok's shoulder. An hour past by. Jimin was calm with his swollen, red eyes, and tear stains on his cheek. Sniffling in between, he told the members everything that had happen that day.

"She has heart valve disease?" Namjoon question in concern. 

Jimin just nodded as he stared at the floor blankly, like a lost soul.

"Where is Laura now?" Jin asked inquisitively as he watched him, feeling his heart become unease. 

"She is at the hospital. They are running more tests that will last until the morning." He explained with a sigh. "The doctor said not to worry. It's in the early stage but...I can't seem to believe his words." 


*  *  *

A few days have past since the announcement. Fingers were intertwine together as we strolled through the cold, quiet park. Looking up at the cloudy sky I inhale the fresh crisp air. I looked over at Jimin with a smile across my face, asking him to hum me a song, He began humming and I felt a sense of comfort wash over me. Wrapping his arm around my shoulder, I laid my head on his taking in the scenery.

"J-Jimin...I can't breath..." I stuttered out with a shortage of breathe. Hands clinging to my throat as I tried to concentrate on my breathes. It was no use.

"You can't breath? Oh my god! W-what should I do?" Jimin uttered out as panic rose in his voice. He looked around lost and frighten.

"Call 911!" I said trying to keep my breathing in control. A few moments later, I heard the sirens of the ambulance as Jimin held me in his arms. I can feel his heart beat racing fast as he swallowed hard on his words


 

Sounds of wheels squeaking, faces were covered by gauze masks and light blue head caps. An oxygen mask was surrounding my mouth, helping me breath correctly. I smile as I saw Jimin's face but it faded when one of the nurse held him back.

"I have to be with her! She needs me!" I hear Jimin cry out as he tried to push pass her. Another nurse rushes to help hold him back.

"Sir! She is going to go under surgery right now. You can't be in the room until it is over." She muffled out through her mask. 

"I need to know what is happening! I need her! Please don't leave me Laura! I need you!" Was the last thing I heard before everything became muffled as my vision faded to black. 


 

A large hand laid on his shoulder. He lifted up his head and saw Namjoon. Jin took a sit next to Jimin and patted his back. His eyes were filled with tears and snot was coming out of his running nose. He shook his head and cried onto Jin's broad shoulders. 

"Hey." Namjoon's voice was soft and tender as he spoke. "Everything is going to be alright. We are here for you."

"Stop saying that everything will be alright!" Jimin yelled as the anger burned inside of him. "I'm tired of people telling me that it will be fine. It's not fine. It's never fine. Laura is going through surgery right now and I have to wait until it's finish to know the cold hard truth." He said as tears ran down his cheek. "The doctor said she would be fine! Is she fine right now? No she isn't!"

"Jimin...Please lower your voice, people are staring." Jin's voice came through as he rubbed the boy's back, but Jimin pushed him away.

"Do you think I care! The answer is no! I don't! All I care about is Laura! I...I just want my Laura." He said as he broke down throwing himself onto Jin once again. 


*  *  *

I slowly began to open my eyes as I felt a hand touch my arm. "Jimin?" I mumbled without looking up.

The nurse chuckled as she adjusted the tubes on my arm. "I'm not Jimin. I'm your nurse," 

My eyes meet hers and fell back down. I watched her leave the room, looking around my stomach suddenly growled. I rubbed my stomach with a sigh just as the door slowly opened. A young handsome man came into the room with a charming smile.

"You're up! I brought ice cream." His voice was soothing and his touch was warm. He placed the bag onto the side table and held my hand. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. Feeling much better." I said as I scooted over to the edge of the bed and patted the empty spot next to me. 

"You want me to lay down with you? You have all these tubes in you." He chuckled in amusement as he moved the tubes. 

"Please. I want to cuddle with you. I missed you." I pouted giving him my best puppy eye expression. He stared at me hesitantly. 

"Hmm..fine. Only because you asked me too." He said as he crawled carefully onto the bed. 

A smile appeared on my face as I snuggled closer to him. "So that ice cream?" I asked looking over at the plastic bag.

"You said you missed me but you are more interested in the ice cream?" He said in a playful tone as he took out a container of ice cream with a spoon in his hand. 

"I do miss you but I'm really hungry!" I said wrapping my arms around his waist and squeezed him tightly. Jimin chuckled and carressed my messy hair. He scooped out a spoonful of ice cream and made an airplane sound as he fed it to me. I rolled my eyes as I opened wide. "I'm not a kid you know." I teased as my mouth took in the cold savory ice cream.