extra chapter

loving him was red

warning : you can not read if you don't want to. this chapter will probably make you puke. just saying.


 

 

"I still can't believe it! You? With Park Chanyeol? He..He's like the school's biggest rebel!" 


Baekhyun rolls his eyes at Junmyeon's histrionic exclamation, his lips threatening to curve into a smile upon the mention of Chanyeol's name. Damn, he's absolutely smitten.


The president responds to the greetings as he makes his daily rounds while Junmyeon couldn't stop blabbering about how impossible he and Chanyeol are. He turns a deaf ear to the words that escape his vice's mouth because everyone knows how much nonsense Junmyeon can talk sometimes.


"Doesn't he look like a player, Baekhyun?" 


The jet-haired boy sighs. "Appearances may deceive."


"Still, isn't he too different from you? He's like a stark contrast to you— Speak of the devil, he's right there!"


Sure enough, when he whips his head in the direction Junmyeon's pointing, his vision is blessed by his boyfriend's beauty. He almost smiles, almost, until he realizes that his boyfriend isn't alone. Apparently, he seems to be engaged in a deep conversation with a certain girl judging from the way the red-head's brows crease in concentration, which is something rare. Then a slow smirk spreads on the delinquent's face, the type of smirk he usually gives Baekhyun when he teases the shorter.


"See, I told you he's a player—"


Junmyeon's sentence is cut short when Baekhyun deliberately ignores him and warily makes his way towards the duo, with the eyes of students. That's what happens when you publicize your relationship; he can't even hold Chanyeol's hands without someone yelling that , prez!


Upon noticing the smaller's presence, Chanyeol's smirk transforms into the smile that Baekhyun fell in love with and the latter almost forgets the reason he's here in the first place. 


"Hi, beautiful," Chanyeol greets, showcasing his charming smile with eyes full of affection for the older.


Baekhyun is hundred and one percent sure he's blushing, so he purses his lips to suppress the shy smile that's at risk of making its way to his face.


"Is something the matter here?" he asks instead, his face betraying no sign of curiosity although he's dying to know the topic of their conversation. He turns to the girl who has her head down, biting her lips in uneasiness. When he thinks the girl isn't going to give him an answer, he averts his gaze onto his boyfriend instead and raises his brows in agog.


"Jisun is in love with your boyfriend!" a voice belonging to a bystander answers instead.


Baekhyun blinks, trying to process the new information and also trying to keep his jealousy in check. Nope, he's not jealous at all.


This feeling isn't that foreign to him, he's had his jealous moments when they go on dates and he sees girls eyeing his boyfriend. Or when he finds out through the gossips that someone had confessed to Chanyeol. Who wouldn't fall for Chanyeol, right? He's strikingly good looking, rich, tall and he has got the bad boy vibe. But those aren't why Baekhyun fell for him. Baekhyun fell for his teasing remarks, warm hugs, gentle touches, blinding smiles and Baekhyun could spend the entire day listing them out. 


"Is that true?" the president asks in concealed jealousy, keeping his composure but the red-head knows fairly well that Baekhyun is just trying to keep calm for his image. He smirks in amusement.


The president narrows his eyes menacingly at him. "What are you smirking about?"


"I-I'm sorry, Baekhyun sunbae-nim. I just needed to let my feelings out to Chanyeol sunbae-nim because I've had a crush on him for years," the girl who's stuck in between the lovers' stare speaks up.


Baekhyun snaps out of the staring contest and shifts his gaze to her instead. "Ah." After a while of tensed silence (not for Chanyeol, because he's having fun looking at the president's cute expression), he adds, "Do you not know?"


Jisun blinks. "Know what?"


"That he's mine." The possessive side of Byun Baekhyun is kicking into his system but he feels no regret. He needs to protect what's his. "Park Chanyeol is mine."


A loud and boisterous cheer breaks out, echoing through the entire hallway but Baekhyun ignores them.


"YOU GO, PREZ."


"GO GET IT, TIGER."


"Yah, Jisun! Why are you touching the prez's property?"


"That's the president's boy you're confessing to. Do you want to get on his bad side?"


Baekhyun sighs in embarrassment while Chanyeol deems it's time to save the president from further mortification. 


"Look, I mean what I said. I'm his. I'm gay for him. So um.. yeah."


Baekhyun blinks again and before he knows, he's being pulled by his wrist away from the crowd of students. God, he thought he was going to suffocate back there.


Chanyeol releases his grip on the shorter's wrist as soon as they're far away from the scene. He gives the president a gentle smile before placing both his hands on Baekhyun's shoulders.


"Are you jealous?"


Baekhyun doesn't even bother denying. "What do you think?"


The red-head chuckles fondly at his cuteness. "Pres, I'm all yours. There's nothing to be jealous about."


The jet-haired boy makes a soft sound of psh before snaking his arms around the taller's waist. "Did you reject her?"


"What else would I do? I already have the most beautiful boyfriend." 


Baekhyun rolls his eyes at the other's cheesiness but smiles, nonetheless. "So you'll accept her confession if I turn ugly one day?"


"Never. If you turn ugly, I'll do the same too, so we'll be equal." 


Baekhyun's smile develops into a grin this time, unable to mask his happiness. Chanyeol takes that as his cue to plant a placating kiss onto the smaller's soft lips, relishing in the way Baekhyun responds to his kiss almost immediately.


The shorter threads through the delinquent's hair, a habit that both of them has come to love. "Park, your hair."


Chanyeol unwillingly pulls away from the kiss, offering his boyfriend an arched brow. "Are you seriously going to ruin this moment because of my hair?"


"I was going to say I love it," Baekhyun replies, playing with the hem of Chanyeol's shirt.


"So you're not asking me to dye it back to black?"


"As a president, I will. As your boyfriend, I won't."


Chanyeol laughs. "So should I, or should I not dye it back to black?"


The president shrugs. "Do you love the boyfriend side of me more, or the president side of me?"


"I love both."


"You stupid cheeseball."

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun sighs in relief as soon as the last bell rings, signalling the end of school day. He packs up his things with his mind preoccupied with the thoughts of Chanyeol as the other students exchange goodbyes.


As soon as he exits his classroom, there stands Park Chanyeol with all his glory. He's leaning against a wall, one hand shoved in his pocket while the other is busy scrolling through his phone, completely oblivious to everyone around him. Including Byun Baekhyun. So Baekhyun leans against the wall opposite to his, admiring his boyfriend's ethereal beauty. He looks like an angel (coughs that's ing cheesy, Byun), minus the the little rebellions here and there. 


Finally, Chanyeol looks up as if searching for someone and his eyes twinkle in rapture when he sees the object of his wait. Pushing himself up from the wall, he walks towards Baekhyun before awarding the latter's forehead with a kiss. 


"Hi."


Baekhyun feels heat suffusing his cheeks and he feels like a lovesick teenager. Maybe he is a lovesick teenager. 


"Hi," he replies bashfully, gazing up at the taller's dark entrancing orbs.

 

Chanyeol smiles. "How was your day, pres?"


"It was good. But people couldn't stop talking about you," he answers honestly.


The red-head raises a curious brow. "Me? What did they say about me?"


"You know, the obvious. Gossips about us dating."


"Well it's not every day you get to date a school president. Especially a cute one."


Baekhyun hits his arm. "Stop being so cheesy. Who knows, I might dump you for another."


The other male snorts. "You can't. If others want you, they will have to look for another president. This president is mine."


"Well this president of yours wants to go home. Are we going or are we going to spend the rest of the day here being cheesy?" 


Chanyeol chuckles before motioning for the older to walk while he instinctively reaches out to carry the presidents bag. 


"That isn't such a bad idea."


"Shut up, Park."


"You know, I'm kind of glad our relationship is no longer a secret." 


The jet-haired boy takes a glance at him. "Why?"


"Because I can be with you as much as I want. I even get to wait for you after class and go home together."


Baekhyun laces their fingers together. "You practically live in my house because you're always there. You'll get bored of me."


Chanyeol rewards his boyfriend with a tsk. "It's been a year. When do I ever get bored of you?"


"God, you're so cheesy I want to puke. Who knows beneath all that bad boy facade, you're actually a sweetheart."


The taller shrugs. "Only towards you."


Baekhyun sighs. His boyfriend should stay away from sugary food because all that sugar is making him overly sweet. It's endearing.

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun loves it best when they're curled up together like a ball in bed, enjoying the warmth radiating from their bodies. He thinks Chanyeol looks best when he's clad in t-shirt and sweatpants (although Baekhyun thinks he looks best without anything on too), without all that arrogant and bad boy demeanor that the red-hand has in school. 


Chanyeol loves it best when Baekhyun's deep asleep, free from all the stress he seems to get when he's playing the role of president in school. Serenity and innocence colors his face whenever he sleeps and Chanyeol wants to preserve that.

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

"What do you like about me?" Baekhyun asks one day when they're both done messing around in bed, waking his boyfriend up after the latter has already fallen asleep. Chanyeol squints his eyes, sleep crusted around his eyes as the president rests his head on Chanyeol's chest while the latter cradles it preciously.


"You mean love."


He rolls his eyes but smiles, nevertheless. "Yeah, what do you love about me?"


The answer comes immediately, as if it's an obvious question. "Everything?"


"Be more specific, Park."


Chanyeol tilts his chin to lock gaze with him, sending butterflies to his insides. "I love it that you always tell me to follow school regulations when you know fully well I won't. I love it that you're so ing cute with your smiles and pouts— there you go, that pout."


Baekhyun erases the pout on his face that he doesn't know he's having. "More?"


"I love it that you tolerate my rebellions. I love it that you're a neat freak and you always nag at me to clean my house. I love it when you're being possessive and jealous, that's so ing cute. I love it that you always sleep in the middle of movies and I have to carry you to bed. I love it when you scream my name during—"


"Okay, that's enough! Don't ruin the romantic moment," Baekhyun interjects.


"But is romantic. I also love it when you top sometimes—"


"Park Chanyeol!" 


The younger laughs, placing a soft kiss on the male's lips. "I just love you in general."


The president feels a smile tugging at his lips. "Do you know we're like the cheesiest couple alive? People are probably puking."


"Admit it, you love it when I'm cheesy. That's probably why you're asking me of the things I love about you. So that you can feel the cheesiness."


Baekhyun grins sheepishly up at him. "Oops. Busted."


Chanyeol sniggers. "Then what do you love about me?"


Baekhyun doesn't even take his time to reply. "Your ing earring. Yes, I just used the word ing because it makes you look ing hot."


The taller chortles heartily at him. "Is that why you never told me to remove it? What an irresponsible president."


"A president can rebel too. You probably infected me with your rebellious virus."


"And you passed me your goody two-shoes virus too, because I'm sleeping less in class."


Baekhyun smiles proudly. "That's why you got an A in Chemistry. All because of me."


"Since we're on the topic of Chemistry—"


Oh no.


"—I think we have great chemistry. Now how about we do some biology?"


Baekhyun looks at him blankly. "What biology— wait."


Chanyeol grins.


"You ert!" 


"Love you too, Baek."

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun sighs heavily, feeling no surprise at all when his vice bursts into the meeting room, announcing hastily that there's another fight breaking out at the back of the school. And the culprit is none other than the notorious Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun could have guessed that much. 


As soon as he arrives there, he winces slightly at the poor guy who got roughly beaten up and he feels a small tinge of sympathy for the boy. There must be a reason Chanyeol beat him up, the red-head doesn't do things without a valid reason. Nevertheless, it's still a violation to the school rules. The president feels a headache coming up.


"Park Chanyeol," he mutters, loud enough for everyone witnessing the scene to hear as he glares at the delinquent.


The taller stands up from sitting on the poor boy's abdomen, looking at the president in the eye. "I'm sorry, pres. I tried to not hit him, but he got on my nerves."


Baekhyun sighs again, for the umpteenth time that day. "You're still going to be punished."


Chanyeol's eyes twinkle with excitement and the president knows fully well what his boyfriend is thinking.


"Punish me, pres." There's a seductive tone to his voice and the suggestive look he's giving Baekhyun is enough evidence to prove that his thoughts are not innocent at all. 


Snickers can be heard from the bystanders as they all get Chanyeol's hidden meaning. 


"Park—" Baekhyun starts, but he's intruded by his boyfriend.


"Are you going hard on me or are you showing some mercy?"


Deep breaths, Byun Baekhyun. Deep breaths, he thinks to himself. 


Chanyeol offers a lazy smirk.


"Shall I get on all fours and wait for you when I get home? Will handcuffs and whips be enough?"


Embarrassment bubbles up within the president.


"PARK CHANYEOL!" 


And things will always remain this way. On school grounds, they will always be polar opposites; one a righteous Student Council President while the other an infamous rebel. After school hours however, it's a completely different story. 

 


cherrynuna you better love me to death from now onwards, because i even wrote an extra chapter for you. and also for a few others but nvm. 

you all probably already know that i always write failed fluff, so there.

did you puke? because i sure as hell did, WHY DO I FAIL AT WRITING FLUFF

nevertheless, thank you for reading! may chanbaek sail forever.