Thirty-five

Photograph
CHRISTMAS ROSE - Tranquilize my Anxiety, Anxiety
 
 
Listen to Unsteady - X Ambassadors (Erich Lee Gravity Remix)

 

Oh Sehun stares as Kim Eunjin sips on her hot chocolate while flipping through her small rectangular white notebook. She takes her pen that she's tucked between her left ear and continue writing on it as she asks him a question.

 

"Do you smoke Sehun-ssi?"

 

"I do." He answers. Eunjin nods, "What about drugs? Have you been taking anything?"

 

Sehun swallows hard. He's a little bit uncomfortable with that kind of question so he just stares at her. Eunjin gives him a smile, "You can be honest with me, Sehun-ssi. I'm here to help you, not to judge you."

 

Silence. Sehun changes his gaze somewhere else. An obvious uncomfortable expression is plastered on his face. Eunjin looks down, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked that question."

 

"."

 

Eunjin looks up to him, slightly shocked because he actually answered her, "Ah... okay."

 

"Can I ask you something, Eunjin-ssi?"

 

Eunjin nods, "What is it?"

 

"How did you get access to the medications when you're not even a psychologist? Well, yet..." Sehun asks. His forehead slightly wrinkles to his curiosity.

 

Eunjin's face slightly tensed and she shifts her gaze somewhere else from Sehun's eyes. Sehun notices the change of her expression, making him even more curious, "Eunjin-ssi. I'm asking you a question."

 

"I'm studying psychology and I have my training in a hospital." She says. Sehun crosses his arms, "But that shouldn't get you to have any access to the pharmacy right? I should at least get a treatment at the hospital and that's how I could at least get the medications. Don't you think?"

 

Eunjin stays silent for a few seconds before she finally nods, "You are right."

 

Sehun raises his eyebrows.

 

Eunjin exhales, "Sehun... tell me... did the medications I gave sometimes help you?"

 

Sehun shrugs, "Kind of."

 

"Sehun, I'm sorry."

 

Sehun stares at her with a frown. Eunjin swallows and sighs, "I am just a psychology student that studies psychology. I don't have any training... yet."

 

She continues, "And the medications... they aren't medications."

 

Sehun grits his teeth, "Then what are they?"

 

"They're... vitamins. Chocolate in flavour." She looks down. Sehun clenches his fist, "You've been lying to me."

 

"I'm sorry." Eunjin says. She flinches when Sehun hits his fist on the table, "What do you think I am? A little kid?"

 

"No... I..."

 

Sehun cuts her off, "Chocolate? Are you ing kidding me? You are just as retarded as your sister, you know that?"

 

Eunjin shuts her eyes; her heart is beating really fast due to Sehun's high pitch voice. She knows that everybody on the cafe is staring at them.

 

"Sehun, I can explain. Calm down..." Eunjin says shakily. Sehun stares at her, "Explain then."

 

Eunjin breathes in before she exhales slowly, "Chocolates can reduce anxieties. And Eunjun... she asked for my help to help you."

 

"I don't need any help." He says. Eunjin looks at him, "Then why did you call me?"

 

Sehun looks down and then he grits his teeth, "That's because I thought you're not a ing liar."

 

"I didn't mean to lie. I didn't get any profit from lying about this to you. I want to help you, sincerely." Eunjin says, her voice almost sounds likea pleading.

 

She sighs, "You need help Sehun-ssi. Let me help you."

 

Sehun's eyes turn cold, "Are you saying that I'm crazy?" Eunjin froze, "What? No... I'm not saying th..."

 

"Yes you are! You're thinking I'm crazy! Even though you don't say it, I ing know!" He raises his voice.

 

"You're not crazy! You're just... you're just..." Eunjin scoffs. Sehun stares at her, "I'm just what? Insane? Lunatic?"

 

"Mentally unstable! Everyone is... it's not just you, Sehun-ssi."

 

"Mentally unstable... is that what you psychologists call what crazy is these days?" Sehun asks sarcastically. Eunjin sighs, "Sehun-ssi... you told Eunjun about it yourself. You told her that."

 

Sehun froze and stares at her.

 

 

Eunjun shook her head, "Sehun! What's wrong with you?" Sehun did it faster and he started to cry harder, "I don't want to die..."

 

Eunjun backed away and shook her head. She walked towards the door and turned to him, "You're crazy!"

 

Sehun suddenly got up and charged at her, making her slammed to the door.

 

"Just because I’m mentally ill, that doesn't mean I deserve to die, Jun!" He shouted in her face. Sehun stared at her with crystal clear water in his eyes. Eunjun froze on the spot and stared at him.

 

 

Sehun clenches his fist and his breathing becomes unstable, "She told you about that..."

 

Eunjin stays silent.

 

"She ing told you about that..."

 

"Sehun-ssi... she was trying to help you. I am trying to help you."

 

Sehun stands up and shouts, " off!" He turns around and walks away quickly. Eunjin goes after him, "Sehun-ssi! Wait!"

 

Eunjin grabs his shoulder from behind but he pushes her away harshly, almost making her fall on her . Sehun points his index finger to her, "Stay away from me."

 

Eunjin shakes her head, "Sehun... please... listen first. We're trying to help you."

 

"I don't need your ing help! You're not helping me; you're just trying to embarrass me! You es aren't help, so off!"

 

"Sehun, you let her help you once! Why don't you let us help you now?" Eunjin says, still following him. Sehun gets into his black Peugeot and before he could lock the door, Eunjin is already beside him on the passenger's side.

 

"Get out of my car." Sehun says. Eunjin stares at him, "Sehun... you are not as bad as people think you are."

 

He laughs sarcastically, "That's what your bloody sister told me before. You have no idea who I am, Eunjin. I can be as bad as a person could become."

 

Eunjin stares at him. She opens in hesitation but she let it go anyway, "Then why did you help her?"

 

"What?" Sehun frowns.

 

"Why did you help Eunjun?" She asks. Sehun stares at her, "What the are you talking about? ing shoot already."

 

"Why did you warn her about Kim Junmyeon?"

 

Sehun froze. He stares at her with wide eyes and he knows that the words came out from accidentally because she cups her own mouth.

 

"H-how did you know about that?" He asks. Eunjin bits her lower lip, her breathing becomes heavy. Sehun leans closer towards her, "So you knew?"

 

"Tell me Eunjin... you knew everything? About me? About Junmyeon?"

 

Eunjin nods her head slowly and that's when Sehun grabs , pushing her head until it hits the window. Eunjin stares at him in horror as he tightens his grip on .

 

"I told you that I can be as bad as a person could be." He says. Eunjin tries to pull his hand from but Sehun is just way too strong.

 

"I... can't breathe..." Eunjin chokes. Sehun scoffs, "How did you know about it?"

 

"Eun...jun... told me... She's... back..." She says. Sehun's eyes widened, "She's back?"

 

Sehun's grasp loosen and Eunjin pushes him away, breathing heavily. Eunjin touches her neck, "If you think that I'm going to tell the police about your doings... you're wrong."

 

"Your professor let her go. Eunjun told me about your doings and just as much I want to report you... My sister begged me to not to. Plus, I don't have any power over a powerful man like you."

 

Sehun stares at her as she pulls put a small bottle from her bag. She puts the bottle into Sehun's hand and quickly gets out of the car. Sehun looks at his old medication and then stares at Eunjin from the window. She's running away from him.

 

Sehun glances at his medication once again and punches his steering wheel in anger.

 

Little did he know, Choa has been watching him in a distance. Choa crosses her arms, "What is he doing with Kim Eunjun?"

 

 

                                                                                                        

 

 

Eunjin comes to the hospital straight away after she received a call from a staff there, saying her sister is admitted there.

 

After asking the nurse at the counter, she jogs to Eunjun's ward. She slows down when she sees a man walking out of Eunjun's ward. She approaches the ward and the man looks at her with wide eyes.

 

"Do you know my sister?" Eunjin asks. The man looks at her from head to toe, looking confused, "Sister?"

 

"Kim Eunjun. My sister." Eunjin says. The man nods, "Ah... yes. My name is Kim Junmyeon."

 

So he is Kim Junmyeon.

 

"Eunjin." She introduces herself shortly and walks into the ward. Junmyeon follows her from behind. Just as much she feels like punching Junmyeon's face, she stays calm and pretends she doesn't know anything.

 

"What happened to her?" She asks.

 

Junmyeon looks down, "The doctor said she has a concussion."

 

 

"A concussion can be caused by direct blows to the head, gunshot wounds, violent shaking of the head, or force from a whiplash type injury. In this case, concussion is probably caused when the brain receives trauma from an impact like she fell or something. A concussion can cause diffuse axonal type injury resulting in permanent or temporary damage. It may take a few months to a few years for a concussion to heal."

 

Junmyeon sighed, "What does she has to do to be fully healed?"

 

"Well... She has to rest her brain, reduce physical and mental demands, eat painkillers, pay attention to changes of mood and level of stress. Also, no drugs and alcohol. Is she still studying?" The doctor asked.

 

Junmyeon nodded, "It's semester break. She'll be back next year."

 

The doctor nodded, "Ah... then she has to resume her studies gradually."

 

 

Eunjin sighs listening to Junmyeon's explanation, "Must've hit her head pretty hard."

 

Junmyeon nods while whispering, "She did."

 

"Who are you to Eunjun?" She asks. Junmyeon smiles, "I'm her professor."

 

Sure you are.

 

"I surely hope she's doing well in your class."

 

"She's the best." Junmyeon says. Eunjin laughs, "Of course she is." Junmyeon smiles, not realising that Eunjin's laughter was a mocking one.

 

Junmyeon asks, "I never knew she has a twin sister." Eunjin looks at him, "Because she never tells?" Duh.

 

"What do you do, Eunjin-ssi?" He asks. Eunjin hesitates but then answers honestly, "I'm studying psychology."

 

"Oh." That's the only thing came out from his mouth.

 

Eunjun stirs and she opens her eyes slowly to see her twin sister is staring at her. "Jin?"

 

"Hey, Jun. You're feeling okay?" Eunjin approaches her. Eunjun sighs, "Well... okay I guess."

 

Eunjin pats he shoulder, "Hate to tell you what's going on with you but I have to. You're going to die in two days."

 

Eunjun hits her sister's stomach and laughs, " you."

 

Eunjin laughs, "Nothing serious. Just a concussion. You just have to get many rests. And by many... I mean... many rests."

 

Eunjun sighs, "I should've known."

 

"You should have. Why didn't you go to the hospital straight away after you had the first symptoms?" Eunjin crosses her arms. Eunjun stares at Junmyeon who's apparently staring at her too.

 

"Well... I was busy with school." She says and then stares at Eunjin. Eunjin understands it and she already knew about it. She's just finding a way to make Junmyeon feels guilty.

 

"Come on, Jun. Your health matters more. It's just school! It's not like you've been locked in a cage." Eunjin says. Eunjin then looks at Junmyeon, "I'm sure your professor wouldn't mind if you're getting some break to go to the hospital right? Or do you... professor?"

 

Junmyeon looks at her and shakes his head slowly, "No... I don't mind."

 

Eunjin gives him a tiny smile and turns her head to her sister, her smile fades away and her face turns serious, "I'm late for class. Take care, Jun."

 

"You too, Jin." Eunjun smiles. Eunjin leans in closer to kiss her sister's forehead and then down to her cheek. Eunjin takes the chance to whisper in Eunjun's ear, "Make him feel guilty; it'll help."

 

"I'll be off, Junmyeon-ssi." Eunjin walks away. When Eunjin's gone, Junmyeon approaches Eunjun and sits on the chair beside her bed, "How are you feeling?"

 

"Fine." She says. She then stares at him, "Junmyeon..."

 

"Yes?"

 

"I'm sorry for ignoring your calls." She says. Junmyeon keeps staring at her, saying nothing. Eunjun holds his hand, making him froze. She caresses his hand, "I want to give you a chance. I want to fall for you but... can you do it the right way?"

 

Junmyeon stares at her and nods slowly.

 

Eunjun mentally smiles in satisfaction. She recalls the conversation she had with her sister yesterday.

 

 

“When someone is obsessed with you… What do you do?”  

 

Eunjin sipped on her hot chocolate. A moment of silence filled the room until Eunjin looked up to her sister and spoke up, “Stay away from that person.”

 

Eunjun bit her lower lip, "Yeah... there's a problem with that. I can't."

 

Eunjin looked at her with wide eyes, "What do you mean you can't? Wait... hold up hold up hold up... are you saying that someone is obsessed with you?"

 

Eunjun bit her lower lip and nodded slowly. Eunjin's mouth hung open for a second, ", man. Tell me bout it."

 

Eunjun told her twin sister about everything. Starting from the missing of Kim Yujin until the day she was released by her professor— Kim Junmyeon. And how was Sehun involved in this. How both of them were doing dirty money. Everything.

 

"We have to report them. Gather some informations, proves and we're good to go." Eunjin said. Eunjun shook her head, "I-I can't."

 

"Why?" Eunjin asked. Eunjun bit her lower lip again, sighing heavily, "I... I don't want him to get to jail. So does Sehun."

 

Eunjin's mouth fell open, "Are you crazy? They were doing a big crime. That professor of yours is a murderer. And that Sehun guy... he's also a murderer even though he accidentally overdosing Kim Yujin. He's a ing dealer, Jun!"

 

"I know! I just... I don't want to lose Junmyeon." She sighed. Eunjin cupped , "Oh my... Jun, please don't. You can't have that kind of feelings to Junmyeon!"

 

"Are you saying that I'm having Stockholm syndrome now?" Eunjun gritted her teeth.

 

"Yes! Kim Eunjun... this is not good. Stockholm syndrome works when you're held captive. It cannot be real, it's insane! You're free and it's time to get the away from him."

 

"Jin, I like him!" Eunjun said. Eunjin stared at her with wide eyes, "W-what?"

 

"I like him, Jin. And he loves me. About Sehun, he helped me. He warned me about Junmyeon. Jin, please I really like him. If there's anyway we could help them then tell me... please."

 

Eunjin stared into her sister's pleading eyes, tears started to pool. Eunjin scoffed and then sighed, "You're crazy you know that?"

 

"Please..." Eunjun said.

 

Eunjin sighed, "Well science taught us to stay away and cut any contact you have with your stalker or someone who's obsessed with you. Run away and don't come back."

 

She continued, "But wait... Did Junmyeon ever hurt you?"

 

"Yes." Eunjun said. Eunjin scoffed, "What did he do after he hurt you?"

 

"He would apologise and then treat my wounds."

 

Eunjin smirked, "Ah... that would be easier. Just like I've said, Science taught us to stay away from them. But in this case..."

 

"Just carry on with your Stockholm Syndrome."

 
Author's Notes
Thank you for reading this chapter! Please comment <3
0Y0Lz4y.gif