Sixteen

Photograph
MENTHA - Suspicion
 
 
Eunjun waits patiently for Hana to come out of the class. She greets Hana once she walks in front of her. They walk to the cafeteria together and Eunjun starts talking.

 

"Yesterday... I went to the boys' dorm. I saw Sehun and I accidentally heard his conversation on the phone. He was talking to someone about Yujin." Eunjun says.

 

"No one can know about what happened to Yujin. If someone knows abour her, I'll ing kill you. I don't care who you are, just so you know we're all in this together. If I go to jail, you're coming with me."

 

Hana gasps and cups . Eunjun holds her left hand, "He saw me and he was chasing after me. He even sent me a text message."

 

Unknown

KIM EUNJUN YOU WATCH OUT! YOU BETTER NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE JUST HEARD. I'LL MAKE YOU PAY IF SOMEONE KNOWS ABOUT IT AND I'LL ING KILL YOU.

 

Hana gasps to the text message, "Are you alright? What are you going to do now?"

 

"As long as he doesn't know I told you about this, I'll be fine." Eunjun says. Hana takes her hand, squeezing it, "Unnie... I... Thank you so much..."

 

Eunjun stares at her, "I knew about this and I have to tell you. It'll be wrong if I keep quiet."

 

Hana's tears slowly fall down her cheek, "Thank you so much unnie... You are so kind..."

 

                                                                                                     

 

Eunjun walks into the theatre room nervously. She glances at Sehun and apparently he has been staring at her. She looks away immediately, feeling her heart racing.

 

After class, Eunjun comes out last so Sehun takes the chance to grab her hand and slams her back to the locker. Eunjun stares at him with fear.

 

Sehun speaks between his gritted teeth, "You better tell me what you heard yesterday."

 

Eunjun whispers, "What's the point? You know what I heard." Sehun messes his hair and slams his hand to the locker right by Eunjun's head, "Why do you have to be so busy body?"

 

"I wasn't being busy body. I was already there when you were talking." Eunjun says. Sehun scoffs, "You really have to be everywhere don’t you?" 

 

Eunjun stays silent. He speaks again, "You don't know anything about me... About Yujin. All I need is for you to shut that pretty mouth of yours. You don't know , okay? So please, don't tell anyone."

 

He stares at her with his intense eyes. Eunjun's about to nod when he leans in closer to her,

 

"Or else I'll ing kill you."

 

Both of them automatically look at the door when Mr Kim walks out from theatre room. The professor stares at them. Sehun backs away from Eunjun a little bit.

 

Eunjun takes the chance to walk away. She fastens her pace when she almost reaches the exit. Sehun and Junmyeon stare each other.

 

Sehun taps his fingers to the locker for a second before walking away from Junmyeon.

 

                                                                                                   

 

"Jun." Mr Kim calls out when she's about to walk out of the class. Jun raises her eyebrows and walks towards him, "Yes?"

 

Junmyeon pulls out an envelope from his coat and gives it to her. She reaches out for the envelope filled with photos from the gala with a smile, "Thanks."

 

"Can I ask you something about Sehun?" He asks. Eunjun's eyes widened and the she frowns, "W-what?"

 

"What's your connection with Sehun?"

 

Eunjun frowns to the question. She shakes her head slowly, "Nothing... Why do you ask?"

 

Junmyeon leans in closer from his desk, "I don't mean to be busy body... You probably should keep your distance from Sehun. No matter what relationship you're having, I don't think it's a good idea to be near him."

 

Eunjun stares at him, "Ah..."

 

"You already know how he is right? So... Yeah that's all." He shrugs and continues, "Do what you want! I'm... just... Giving an advice, that's all."

 

"I understand, Mr Kim. Thank you." She smiles and walks away.

 

"Jun-ah!" Kai greets her at the garden. Eunjun smiles, "Hey."

 

Kai stares at her, "You told me you'll come to my dorm a few days ago but you weren't there. I asked you why but you didn't reply my text."

 

Eunjun face palms, "I'm so sorry. I forgot to reply your text. I was there but... I caught up to something. Sorry!"

 

Kai nods, "Ah I see. So what do you wanna talk about?" Eunjun grins, "Do you want to be my model? It's for my assignment."

 

He smiles, "Sure. When do we start?" She taps her chin and then grins, "Are you free tomorrow?"

 

                                                                                                         

 

"You look good with grey hair." Kai looks at Eunjun's hair, slightly jealous with her new hair colour.

 

Eunjun smiles a little, "Thanks. It's so ing expensive and I kinda regretted it." Kai rolls his eyes, "Don't be. It's worth it."

 

Kai fixes his leather jacket and poses for the camera. The flashes work perfectly with her camera but there's something wrong with the photo.

 

It looks dull. Eunjun rolls her eyes when she realised that the window is not closed and the sunlight comes through it, ruining the photo.

 

"Every source of light emits large numbers of tiny particles known as corpuscles in a medium surrounding the source." Eunjun pulls down the curtains with a smile. Kai stares at her while nodding slowly, "Oookay?"

 

Eunjun laughs, "The theory of light."

 

Kai shrugs, "I supposed it's something you learn in your class?" She nods, "Yup. Okay let's try again."

 

She snaps his photo and she nods in satisfaction. "More poses please."

 

Once she's done taking pictures, Kai jogs towards her and sets the timer to the camera. He drags Eunjun to the matte blue black screen-which is the background and asks her to pose with him.

 

It's a great coincidence that she's wearing black too so their photos turn out nice and pretty cool.

 

"Now that is what we called the daguerreotype." Eunjun says. Kai rolls his eyes, "Is that another photography term?"

 

Eunjun nods, "Yup."

 

After scanning and printing the photos, Kai uploads the photo of both of them straight away to his Instagram.

 

It is a photo where Kai was standing behind Eunjun and he wrapped his right arm around her neck, both staring intensely at the camera. Eunjun's grey hair perfectly covered her right side of her face, only revealing the left side of her face-which is her pretty side.

 

Humans have one pretty side. To know which one is our pretty side, we might look at our behaviour of taking selfies, whether we always point out cameras to left, to the right, or straight ahead. That's how we know our pretty side of face.

 

Eunjun laughs at his caption.

 

Looks like the photographer can also pose.

 

Eunjun cringes to the photo when she looks like she's trying to look cool and intense in them. Nah, she's exaggerating. She looks just fine.

 

Krystal comments on Kai's photo a few minutes later,

 

This is classy!

 

                                                                                                       

 

The photo went viral as fast as a  tape lol no. Kai's hundred thousands of followers viewed the photo and hit the heart button. Eunjun's 1K followers are increased until 5K and still counting.

 

She literally had to turn off her twitter and Instagram notifications because her phone jammed for the fourth time. She restarts her phone and thankfully it works.

 

She opens a text from Hana and her eyes widened.

 

Jung Hana

I FOUND OUT SOMETHING ABOUT OH SEHUN. CAN YOU MEET ME AT MY DORM?

 

Eunjun rushes to her dorm as soon as she reads the text. She's definitely worried about Hana and she's afraid that Hana might have done something stupid.

 

She knocks on her door and the girl opens it. Hana pulls Eunjun's hand and rushes to her laptop.

 

"Unnie, look at this." Hana scrolls the screen. Eunjun stares at the screen, reading every word on the news article.

 

"The Oh family has an abandoned factory. Sehun's father built the factory that produced cameras. Their cameras were bestselling-and they still are. However, the factory was shut down because they are only using the other factory now. The old factory was left abandoned and I think... I might find something in the factory.”

 

That's right. Sehun's grandfather is a camera maker and is one of the most successful businessman and camera makers.

 

The cameras are bestselling in Korea for their high quality images taken and of course because of their beauty. Das Machine is the brand name. Other than cameras, they are selling high quality tripods, action cameras, lenses, and many more.

 

Eunjun frowns, "How are you so sure that he might have something in there?"

 

"I followed him! One week straight, he's been going there between 6pm to 8pm.  And then, he will always get out of there at 10pm." Hana says. Eunjun stares at her, "You've been stalking him?"

 

Hana rolls her eyes, "Investigating is something I would like to use." Eunjun bits her lower lip, "Are you sure you wanna do this?"

 

Hana slowly nods, "I have to do something. Yujin unnie might not be my real sister, but she cares about me. She's kind and she loves me. This is the least I can do for her. I can't let her get hurt, unnie."

 

Eunjun stares at her hopeful face. Hana's eyes are a little bit teary and she could sense a little bit of nervousness from her eyes. Probably she isn't just nervous, she's terrified. Who wouldn't be terrified if they're involved in something that would cost their lives?

 

Hana is definitely digging her own grave for her stepsister. If something goes wrong at the factory... Eunjun shakes that thought of her head. Hana really loves her sister and Eunjun knows the pain of losing someone that we love.

 

Eunjun grabs Hana's shoulders and slightly squeeze them. Eunjun inhales deeply, "I'll go with you."

 
Author's Notes
Hi!Thanks for reading this chapter. I must say that the secrets will be revealed in thenext chapter. Something's gonna happen!
0Y0Lz4y.gif