Twenty-nine

Photograph
MIXED ZINNIA - Thinking, an Absent Friend
 
 
Sehun looks around the café, searching for someone named Kim Eunjin. Sehun scans each of the faces in the café, but none of them scream ‘Kim Eunjin’. Sehun glances at his phone when it vibrates, showing a notification from Kim Eunjin.

 

From: Kim Eunjin

Is that you, the one in black leather jacket?

 

Sehun looks around ones again before replying

 

To: Kim Eunjin

Where are you?

 

From: Kim Eunjin

So it’s really you. Well, I’m behind you.

 

Sehun turns around quickly and his eyes widened. His mouth slightly falls open and he has goose bump all over his body. His body froze right there and then and his heart is beating really fast due to anxiety.

 

“E-Eunjun…”

 

The girl in front of him chuckles,

 

“Actually, it’s Eunjin. I’m Eunjun’s twin sister.” She pulls out her hand for a handshake. Sehun doesn’t blink his eyes. He looks down to her right hand for a few seconds before slowly reaching out to her hand and shakes it slowly.

 

“Please, have a seat.” Eunjin smiles. Sehun sits on the chair slowly; his eyes never break from staring at her face. Sehun scans her from head to toe.

 

Eunjin has the same haircut as Eunjun but its colour is dark brown. Other than that, every thing’s the same. Sehun pays attention to her voice, anticipating for her to talk.

 

“How are you doing?”

 

Softer. Eunjin’s voice is soft while Eunjun’s is husky.

 

“Alright.” He replies.

 

“So, Sehun-ssi… Why did you call me?” Eunjin asks with a smile. Sehun swallows his saliva silently, “Eunjun told me to call you if I needed help.”

 

She smiles, “I’m listening.”

 

                                                                                                  

 

“Do you still take Paroxetine?” Einjin asks. Sehun nods slowly, “Yeah… sometimes.”

 

“Can I take a look of the medicine?” She asks. Sehun nods and pulls out the Paroxetine from his leather jacket, passing it to Eunjin. Eunjin stares at the bottle before changing her gaze to Sehun, “I suggest you to stop taking this for two weeks. Instead of taking Paroxetine, you should eat this.”

 

Eunjin pulls out a bottle from her sling bag, putting it on the table in front of Sehun. Sehun frowns, “What’s this?”

 

“Something that’s better than Paroxetine. It’s trazodone.” She says. Sehun stares at the bottle in front of him, scanning the dark chocolate coloured pills. “Are these… safe?” He asks. Eunjin nods, “The safest.”

 

Sehun stares at her. Eunjin is a psychology student, currently doing practical in a Psychiatric Hospital. She’s been studying in Korea since the first semester of college, unlike Eunjun; she studied in London first before moving to Seoul.

 

“I’ll take the Paroxetine first. If the ones that I gave you didn’t work, I’ll give your Paroxetine back; and double it up.”

 

Sehun stares at her, his eyes slightly become smaller, “Can I trust you?”

 

Eunjin looks at him with a sincere smile and bright eyes while nodding slowly, “I am an honest person. Couldn’t be lying when you know my sister right?”

 

Sister. Eunjun. Sehun stares at her with his usual pokerface. However, his heart is beating like crazy and his mind is travelling around, thinking about Eunjun, the professor, himself and their dirty little secret.

 

Eunjin takes a sip of her coffee and asks, “Sehun-ssi… how’s Eunjun at school?”

 

Sehun’s expression almost changes, “S-she’s… alright.”

 

Eunjin breathes a sigh of relief, “Thank God. I tried to reach her for a while now but I can’t. She’s not answering her phone, she’s not replying my texts; I was worried. But thankfully you said she’s alright so… that’s a relief.”

 

Sehun looks down after seeing Eunjin’s smile of relief. A pang of guilt hits him but he stays silent. He looks up again to see her face and it feels as is he’s in front of Kim Eunjun herself.

 

“Sehun-ssi.”

 

“Sehun-ssi?”

 

Sehun wakes up from his day dream and looks at the confused girl in front of him, “Huh?”

 

“Sehun-ssi… did you hear what I said?” Eunjin asks, slightly lifting her left eyebrow. Sehun looks down and shakes his head slowly, “Sorry… I was spazing out.”

 

“Could you please send my regards to Eunjun? Tell her that I miss her.” She says with her hopeful eyes. Sehun takes five seconds to comprehend her words until he finally nods- still feeling guilty.

 

“Eunjin-ssi…” Sehun calls out. Eunjin smiles, “Yes?”

 

Sehun bits his lower lip for a second before he stares at her, “Can I call you?”

 

Eunjin froze but then she gives him her signature smile, showing her left dimple while nodding, “Anytime.”

 
Author's Notes
Thank you for reading this chapter!
0Y0Lz4y.gif