Twenty-one

Photograph
PURPLE CARNATION - Capriciousness, Whimsical, Changeable, Unreliability
 
 
It's been three days. Junmyeon hasn't visited her since the incident. Eunjun is still curling on the floor, in the blanket. She's a mess. She's been crying for forever until her tears dried up. She's cold, she's sad; she's hungry, and terrified.

 

After three god-damned days, Junmyeon finally enter the room. He sits on his knees, slipping the milk and the bun through the bars. "Jun..."

 

Eunjun opens her eyes to the sweet voice. She slowly takes the bread and eats it. Junmyeon tries his best to take a look of her face, but her face is covered by her messy hair.

 

Her hair's a mess. She drinks the milk. After its empty, she puts the carton on the plate, pushing it slowly towards Junmyeon. He takes it and opens the cage, "Do you want to shower?"

 

Eunjun nods slowly, still looking down. Junmyeon bits his lower lip; he really wants to see Eunjun's face. Eunjun walks limply, climbing the stairs with her professor.

 

She enters the bathroom and looks into the mirror. She laughs pathetically to the sight of her face. There are bruises on her forehead and her cheek, mostly near . She looks at the frozen blood from her nose. She cleans it and brushes her teeth. She washes her face and hisses in pain.

 

She showers while groaning silently, every drop of the water makes her skin stings painfully.. She cleans her hair with the apple scented shampoo. However, it hurts a lot and she rinse off quickly. She fills the water in the bath tub and get in it.

 

She's a mess. She's really a mess. She keeps on staring at the wall, letting the tears fall from her stoic face. She stares at the bruises on her abdomen. She changes her glance to her bruised fists, sighing heavily. There are bruises everywhere.

 

Once she’s done, she gets out from the bathtub and she has a complication of drying herself with the towel. My whole body hurts! She lets her skin dries without the towel, almost taking an hour to do that.  Once she’s done, she wraps herself with a white bathrobe and get out of the bathroom. She puts on the clothes from the wardrobe and touches her abdomen. “, this hurts a lot.”

 

She shuts her eyes tightly when her head suddenly spins. She cups her head, hoping the dizziness would go away. Eunjun tries to find something to support herself from falling, but she ended up leaning against a vase and she passes out on the floor.

 

                                                                                                         

 

After a few hours, Eunjun finally conscious and looks around. Her right hand is handcuffed at the side of the bed and she feels something cold on her head. After a few seconds she realises that it’s an ice pack. The door opens and she stares at it. Junmyeon enters the room and looks at her with a small smile.

 

"Hey Jun."

 

"How are you feeling?" He asks. Eunjun ignores him and turns away as she sits up straight on the bed. He sighs, "You have a fever." He takes the ice pack from Eunjun’s head and tries to change it with his palm. Just as when he’s about to touch her forehead, Eunjun quickly slaps his hand away, “Stay away from me.”

 

Junmyeon stares at her face and feels a sudden regret, especially when he recalled the way he punched her, kicked her, and threw her to the floor. He tries to touch her face again, this time at her bruised lips. Eunjun slaps his hand again and shouts, “I said stay away from me!”

 

She hisses then touches her left side of her lips. Junmyeon bends down for a second to take a first-aid kit from the drawe near Eunjun’s bed, “You need to stop slapping my hand away if you want me to put on this cream on your bruises.”

 

“ off.” Eunjun says. Junmyeon throws the first-aid kit to Eunjun’s side and grabs her chin with his left hand harshly. Eunjun gasps in pain and stares at him. Junmyeon tightens his grip, making Eunjun cringe in pain, “You better shut that pretty mouth of yours and just stay still.” He says sternly and pushes away Eunjun’s face. He then sits on the bed, taking an ointment from the kit.

 

Eunjun groans silently when he touches her bruised forehead. He gently rubs the ointment to every inch of her bruised part. When he’s about to apply the ointment to her side of her lips, she turns away. But Junmyeon grabs her chin again with a tiny scoff.

 

“Where else?” He asks. Eunjun looks away and lifts her top a little. Even though, she’s only lifted a little bit, the bruise is clear to see in blue, red, and purple shades. Junmyeon stares at the bruise with an unexplainable expression. Is it guilt? Is it anger? Who knows?

 

“Lay down.” He says. Eunjun looks at the ointment, “I’ll do it myself.”

 

“No. I’ll do it, now lay down.”

 

“You don’t want to see it, trust me.” She says. Junmyeon stares at her, “I do.”

 

“Just give me the god-damned ointment. I’ll do it myself, okay?” She raises her voice, annoyed by her professor’s demanding tone. Junmyeon grits his teeth and puts the ointment on the bed, near Eunjun, “As you wish.”

 

Eunjun takes the ointment and places it upside down for a few seconds on her palm. And then, she places the bottle between her legs. She gently rubs her abdomen while biting her lower lip, holding her groaning. Junmyeon notices her pained expression, “I’m sorry.”

 

Eunjun passes the bottle to Junmyeon and he takes it.

 

“I’m really sorry.” He says. Eunjun looks down, “Please… just leave me alone.”

 

He sighs and then slowly walks away, giving a last glance to her before he shuts the door.

 

                                                                                                     

 

This morning, Eunjun woke up with no handcuffs. Maybe her professor took it off when she was asleep. She looks at her wrist and it has been wrapped by bandage. She gets up from bed and enters the bathroom to wash up. After she’s done and gets all dressed up, she silently walks out of the room, peeking around to see Junmyeon. She looks at the clock and it shows 5.12pm.

 

He's going to come home soon. She knows it because her class starts at 11am and finishes at 5pm- plus, Junmyeon is her professor. She walks downstairs and reaches for the doorknob. Eunjun's mouth fell open as the security code system has been installed. The door only opens when someone enters the right code.

 

When did he change this?

 

Eunjun turns around in frustration and takes a look around the house. She enters the kitchen and looks at a set of knives. She looks around at first and then she pulls out one of the knives. Suddenly, she heard a sound from the security code system.

 

He’s home!

 

Eunjun quickly takes a glass and pours some plain water into it. She then sits on the chair at the kitchen counter and hides the knife between her legs. Junmyeon looks at her as he got into his house. “Jun?”

 

She takes a sip from the glass and stares at him, acting like she hasn’t noticed, “Mr Kim…” Eunjun tries her best not to shiver as Junmyeon approaches her in the kitchen after throwing his bag onto the sofa in the living room. Junmyeon stares at the bruises on her face, “Did you use the ointment I left on the table?”

 

Eunjun nods. Junmyeon takes a glass and pours cold water from the refrigerator in it. He quenches his thirst and puts the glass on the kitchen counter. Eunjun slightly turns her head to the side, "Are you just going to keep me here forever?"

 

Junmyeon answers casually, "I have no choice." Eunjun frowns, "What do you mean by you have no choice?"

 

He looks at her, "You know my secret, Jun." She sighs, "If I stay quiet?"

 

Junmyeon chuckles, "I know you won't. You've always been a fighter, Jun. You're a saviour, a helper... You'll help Yeri and Yujin no matter what."

 

"Why are you so sure about that?" She asks. Junmyeon approaches her, "The fortune teller from San Francisco told me."

 

 

The old woman stares at him with an angry expression, "You... Don't you ever dare to hurt her!" Junmyeon frowns, "I-I don't understand what you're talking about."

 

The old woman stares at him, "The girl is a white rose! She's pure and innocent! I know you're going to hurt her, young man. And i'm telling you to back off! That girl is more than that... She's a fighter, she's courageous. She is the lady luck, she can give anyone bad luck or good luck. Trust me, if you do something to her, you're going to be doomed by bad luck, young man."

 

Junmyeon stares at her, his expression turns stoic.

 

 

Junmyeon chuckles to the memory. He stands up and washes his glass at the sink with his back facing Eunjun. "Mr Kim... I need you to let me go. I promise I'll shut my mouth. I swear I won't tell anyone. Cross my heart, please trust me." She begs, her eyes are pooling with tears.

 

Junmyeon sighs, "I'm sorry but I can't do that." Eunjun's eyes changes and she slowly takes the knife between her legs "Why? I promised I’ll stay silent, don’t I?"

 

Junmyeon sighs,"I don't want to lose you." And that’s when his eyes darted to his set of knives. He frowns to the missing knife. His eyes widened and he quickly turns around.

 

"I am not yours to lose!!!"

 

Junmyeon caught her right hand, snatching the knife from her hand. Eunjun swings a punch with her left hand but the professor hugs her, grabbing her waist and pick her up. Junmyeon throws her on the kitchen counter, pinning her on the black stone mark granite kitchen counter.

 

He places the knife to Eunjun's neck, making her stop struggling. Her legs are opened and Junmyeon stands between her legs, leaning agaisnt the kitchen counter, his face is inches away from Eunjun's face.

 

She gasps as she feels the cold knife on her neck. Junmyeon caresses her neck with the knife. Eunjun stares him in the eyes before changing the gaze to his now messy hair. His expression is intense and his forehead starts to sweat.

 

"You're mine, Kim Eunjun." He says, his voice vibrates. Junmyeon eyes travel to the sight of her right bra strap. He positions the knife under the bra strap and cuts it into two when he pulls up the knife.

 

"You are mine to lose... Even if you don't want to, I can still make you mine." Junmyeon stares at her teary eyes. His eyes travel from her head to toe, realising their positions. Junmyeon gives her a tiny smirk and caresses her cheek with the knife.

 

"I can you right now, on this kitchen counter if I want to."

 

Eunjun's face heated up. Junmyeon's smirk becomes wider when he saw the change of colour in her face.

 

"That would be so ing y, don't you think? Me, banging you on this kitchen counter?"

 

Eunjun looks away, she's definitely embarrassed and the fact that her professor is doing this to her is... overwhelming. No one's ever thought the angel like person like him could be really really nasty.

 

Junmyeon pulls away but he’s holding on to Eunjun’s hair and she groans.He drags her by the hair while placing the knife to her neck. Eunjun tries to break free from him. But when the professor presses the knife to , she quickly stops. Junmyeon opens the door and pushes her into her room. He takes the handcuff that’s on the table and attaches it to the bed and Eunjun’s right bandaged wrist.

 

Junmyeon walks away but then he turns around for the last time with a smile, "Don't play with knives, darling." And he slams the door.

 
Author's Notes
Thank you for reading this chapter!
0Y0Lz4y.gif