Seventeen

Photograph
BALM - Social , Sympathy
 
 
Eunjun stares at the factory while Hana pulls out a crimping plier from her backpack. Hana swings it to the lock until it breaks and the chains fall to the ground. Eunjun and Hana look around them and see only bushes since the factory is quite hidden.

 

They look at each other and nod their heads, as if they are doing telepathy. Hana pushes the gigantic metal door with all her might. The two female enter the silent building and closes the door, making the surrounding becomes darker.

 

Hana pulls out her flashlight and squeaks when she saw a mouse. Eunjun shakes her head and pats Hana's back to calm her down. Eunjun stares looks up and stare at the tall ceiling.

 

"Hana, do you watch horror movies?" Eunjun asks, still looking around. Hana shakes her head, "No. Why do you ask?"

 

"Good. Let's split up." Eunjun says. Hana nods, "Okay."

 

"I'll check every room at the second and fourth floor. You'll take this floor and the third floor." Eunjun says. They split up and search the building. Eunjun uses her iPhone's flashlight and starts climbing the stairs.

 

Eunjun looks at her watch and it's 3.50p.m. She skips the class so that she could come with Hana and told Tzuyu she's not well. They have three hours before 5.30pm which is the time Sehun's done with class and he might arrive here at 6pm. 

 

Eunjun finally goes down to the first floor after she finished checking every rooms. She sighs and sits on a metal large box with disappointment. Hana runs towards her, "Unnie! Did you find something?"

 

Eunjun shakes her head slowly, "Nothing." Hana sighs, "Me too." Eunjun stares at her, "What?"

 

Hana kicks a shard of glass on the floor, "I found nothing. There's literally nothing in this factory. I'm sorry for dragging you in this, unnie."

 

Eunjun pats her shoulder, "It's alright. But... What would Sehun be doing here if there's nothing here?" Hana shrugs, "Probably smoking ... I'm so dumb! I should've never told you and trouble you!"

 

Eunjun shakes her head, "Come on... Let's go home." They walk together from the back and suddenly Hana trips on something. Eunjun helps her out and realised that Hana tripped on a steel handle.

 

Hana shone her flashlight and stared at the older girl. It's a hatch that leads to a basement. "Should we try this?" Hana asks.

 

Eunjun nods and pulls the door. The girls' eyes widened as the basement is very dark. Eunjun walks down the stairs slowly and carefully, shining her flashlight at her steps.

 

When they're already halfway on the stairs, they see light at the end of it. Eunjun looks around carefully as she reaches the end of the stairs. Eunjun gasps when she looks at the fancy studio.

 

"Oh my God..." Hana cups and switches off the flashlight. "What the is this place?" Eunjun asks, looking around the room.

 

There's a black screen and a camera at the corner of the room. "This place is like a studio." Hana says. Hana's eyes darted on two white shelves.

 

She runs towards them and stares at the files placed on them. "What the are these?"

 

Eunjun stands behind her and the frowns, "These are... What the hell..."

 

Hana's eyes widened to a file with a really familiar name.

 

KIM YUJIN

 

Hana flips through the pages and gasps while her eyes are widened in horror. There are photos of her stepsister, posing beautifully on the first three pages. After that, there are just literally photos of her while she's unconscious.

 

Eunjun's mouth falls when the last photo in the file is the one with Kim Yujin's mouth full of white foams. Eunjun takes a look on the shelf and found Yeri's name.

 

KIM YERIM

 

Same kind of photos with the same background as Yujin's, except Yeri's photos were taken when she's high. Yeri looks very pure in these photos. Her expressions were almost natural but that didn't exclude her to look very pretty.

 

Hana falls on her knees, hugging her sister's file. "Why? How could he..."

 

Eunjun crouches and hugs her shoulder, "I'm so sorry Hana."

 

"That bastard! How could he do this! How could he do this to all of these girls?!" Hana shouts, staring the shelves with files from A-Z names.

 

"He's crazy!" Hana cries. Eunjun wipes her tears and looks at her watch, "It's 5.30 we should go now."

 

Hana nods and they both run out of the factory. They pull the metal door and quickly run away, getting into Hana's car.

The marks have been given up and surprisingly, Eunjun got 90% marks in Photography. Mr Kim is talking about the dropping percentage of the exam since most of his students didn't get an A for photography.

 

Eunjun promised Hana to check out Sehun's dorm and she looks at her watch. She touches her head and groans.

 

Tzuyu turns to her and touches her shoulder, "Hey Jun... You're alright?" Eunjun shakes her head, "Just a little... Dizzy."

 

"Is there any problem there?" Mr Kim asks his tone sharp. Eunjun grits her teeth, "My head hurts a little."

 

Mr Kim crosses his arms, "Do you need to go out or something?" Eunjun nods, "I think so..."

 

He points to the door, "Then go." Eunjun frowns to his attitude but she ignores it. He's probably pissed about the marks. She stands up and walks out of the door limply. Once she shuts the door, she looks around and runs to the boys' dormitory.

 

Hana saw her from far away and waves her hand. Both of them enter the dormitory and search for Sehun's room.

 

OH SEHUN

 

"This is it..." Hana says. She looks around and pulls out her bobby pin from her bun and tries to pick the locked door. Hana pushes the door once it opens. Both of them run into the room and shut the door, locking it.

 

The first thing Hana checks once they got into the room was Sehun's drawers. Hana takes out a picture from it and shows it to Eunjun, "Unnie..."

 

Eunjun takes the picture, "Oh God... Yeri." It's a photo of Yeri, lying cold on the ground. She rips the photo into pieces and throws it into the dustbin. Eunjun looks to her side and looks at a camera.

 

"Lucky bastard." Eunjun whispers. She keeps on staring at the Hasselblad camera and groans. That is the most expensive camera in the world. That camera is $45,000 and it worth every penny on it.

 

"Nothing here..." Hana sighs and then looks under Sehun's bed. She gets up and groans in disgust, "Only weed."

 

Hana's eyes darted on a photo pasted on Sehun's wall. She takes a look closer and calls Eunjun.

 

"Unnie... This is you right?" Hana points out. Eunjun stares at the photo with confusion. It's a candid photo of her when she's waiting for Tzuyu at Yeri's dorm.

 

"Why does he have your photo on his wall?" Hana asks. Eunjun shakes her head, "I don't know... Did you found anything?"

 

Hana sighs, "No. Let's go."

 

Both of them walk out of Sehun's room and walk towards the exit. Just as when they almost reach the door, Sehun walks in from the door and stare at them.

 

"What the are you doing in my dormitory?"

 

"We do what we want." Hana says angrily. Sehun grits his teeth and walks towards her, "You little ..."

 

Sehun almost lands his palm on Hana's face when Kai stops him and punches him in the face. Kai didn't stop there, he throws rapid punches to his face and his torso until Sehun falls on the ground.

 

Kai climbs on top of him, still throwing punches to Sehun's face. Sehun groans in pain and tears start to come out of his eyes.

 

Eunjun and Hana could see the anger in Jongin's eyes. Of course, he's angry. His sister almost died because of that bastard. Jongin stops punching him and stands up, fixing his shirt.

 

"Are you alright?" Kai asks and Eunjun nods. Hana pats Kai's shoulder, "Thanks for that."

 

"No problem. Let's get out of here." Kai says and Hana follows him from behind. Eunjun walks half way but then glances at Sehun when his cry becomes louder.

 

"I'm sorry... I-i'm so sorry... It hurts... It hurts a lot... I'm sorry..." Sehun mumbles while hugging himself. He's still lying on the floor and his tears are pooling on his red shirt.

 

"Jun unnie... Come on." Hana says. Eunjun gives her a small smile, "You go first." Hana frowns at first but then she nods, walking away.

 

Sehun is still groaning on the floor and Eunjun quickly turns around and runs towards him. Eunjun helps Sehun to get up, "Can you get up?"

 

Sehun nods, getting up while his body is getting support from Eunjun. Eunjun stares at the crying Sehun, slowly walk him to his room.

 

Sehun sits on his bed and covers his face, crying in his palms. Eunjun runs out of the room and takes the first aid kit at the bathroom. Some boys in the bathroom are shocked and cover themselves with towels.

 

Eunjun ignores them, "Sorry! But I really need this!" She grabs the first aid kit and then runs back to Sehun's room. Eunjun takes out some plasters and ointment, placing it near Sehun. She steps back and then crosses her arms.

 

Sehun pulls his hands from his face and places his left hand on his torso. He groans in pain. Eunjun takes the tissue from Sehun's table when his tears are still pouring. She places it to Sehun's right and steps back again.

 

Sehun looks up at her before taking a tissue to wipe his tears. Sehun looks at the first aid kit and heal himself with the ointment.

 

He gasps when the side of his mouth hurts a lot when he touches it. He bears with the pain and keeps on rubbing his index finger to it. Once the ointment has been applied, he puts back the plasters into the first aid kit.

 

Sehun looks down whilst Eunjun is staring at him. Sehun slowly looks up to her and lets out a soft scoff,

 

"Thank you." Sehun says, looking away. Eunjun keeps quiet. After a few seconds, she speaks up, "You should learn how to not hurt other people."

 

Sehun's expression doesn't change. He keeps on looking down, looking sad.

 

"I'm tired of people trying to control me..." He says. Eunjun sits on the chair, "I don't think Yeri tried to control you."

 

Sehun nods slowly, "She didn't."

 

"I don't think Yujin tried to control you either." She says. Sehun shuts his eyes and exhales, "Right."

 

"But yet you still hurt them." Eunjun says, staring at him. Sehun looks out of the window, "I... Didn't mean to."

 

"You didn't mean to?" Eunjun says between her gritted teeth, showing that she's not buying it. Sehun starts to rock his body back and forth, tears falling slowly from his eyes.

 

Eunjun stares at him with a frown. Sehun's face is stoic, but he is crying. His tee shirt is full of tears' stains. He rocks back and forth really slowly but that could already send shivers down to Eunjun's spine.

 

"I don't want to die..." Sehun suddenly says. Eunjun looks at him, "What was that?"

 

"I don't want to die..."

 

Eunjun stares at him, "You're not dying." Sehun shakes his head, "I don't want to die..."

 

Eunjun gets up from the seat and Sehun rocks back and forth a little faster, "I don't want to die..."

 

"Sehun?" She looks at him. Sehun swirls his fingers, still shaking his head and rocking his body, "I don't want to die..."

 

Eunjun shakes her head, "Sehun! What's wrong with you?" Sehun does it faster and he starts to cry harder, "I don't want to die..."

 

Eunjun backs away and shakes her head. She walks towards the door and turns to him, "You're crazy!"

 

Sehun suddenly gets up and charges at her, making her slammed to the door.

 

"Just because I’m mentally ill, that doesn't mean I deserve to die, Jun!" He shouts in her face. Sehun stares at her with crystal clear water in his eyes. Eunjun froze on the spot and stares at him.

 

Sehun suddenly turns away and shakes his head vigorously, "I'm sorry, Eunjun. I'm sorry... Just... Go..."

 

Eunjun looks down and takes Sehun's medication from her backpack. She puts her palm on Sehun's left shoulder. When he turns around she opens her right hand, revealing his medicine.

 

Sehun frowns, "Where did you get that?" He takes it from her and stares at it.

 

"You dropped it from your jacket before." She says. Sehun nods and sighs in relief, "I've been looking everywhere for this."

 

Eunjun opens the door widely. She's about to go out when Sehun calls, "Eunjun."

 

She turns around and raises her eyebrows. Sehun stares at her,

 

"Thank you."

 
Author's Notes
Next up, the mastermind!
0Y0Lz4y.gif