Ch. 6 - Girls Generation?

Opposites Attract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona's POV

MONDAY:

"Yoona? Yoona?"

I look up and the teacher is right in front of me.

"Yoona, school is a place for learning not for daydreaming. Please pay attention along with the class," the teacher tells me.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"Yoona, are you... Okay," Jungkook asks me.

"Truthfully... I'm not sure... Something has been bothering me the whole day..."

"Tell me what's... Bothering you."

If I told you, you wouldn't understand... You would also find out that I'm a vampire...

"It's nothing really," I say.

"Yoona, it's okay... To tell me..."

"It's really nothing to worry about, I'm just over exaggerating..."

"Okay then..."

I'm sorry Jungkook.... I really want to tell you about the dream but I can't....

The bell rings....

I stand up from my seat and all of a sudden, Seohyun comes out of nowhere and she hands me a paper.

I look at the paper and it says," A singing contest at 6 pm on Tuesday? 1st place wins a trip to Hawaii. There are 2 separate categories, one for boys and one for girls. Singing in groups or solo is fine."

"I know right, I want you to be part of our group, Girls Generation," Seohyun says.

"Our?"

"Yeah, so far in our group there's Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Jessica, Tiffany, Yuri, Taeyeon, and I. I feel like there's a missing piece in Girls Generation and I think you're the perfect missing piece."

"Me?"

"Yeah, you're the beauty of our group, every girl group needs the face of the group and you've got it. Every boy in school loves you, everyone in Girls Generation especially wants you to be part of the group. Can you please be part of the group?"

"Can... I think about it for a while," I ask.

"Sure but please Yoona, we really want you to be part of the group," Seohyun says and walks away.

Should I become part of Girls Generation? A trip to Hawaii sounds nice... I walk up to the roof and I see Jin...

"Yoona, so are you going to be part of the singing competition," Jin asks me.

"I'm not sure, are you?"

"Yeah, I'm in a group called Bangtan Sonyeondan, or also known as BTS. Jungkook is also part of the group, he's our golden maknae. He's really good at singing and dancing that's why he's golden," Jin says.

"That's great, thanks for including Jungkook in the group. But I'm not sure if I want to be part of Girls Generation... I was invited to be part of the group but I'm not sure...."

"Do it Yoona, if we both win 1st place that means that we can go to Hawaii together," Jin tells me.

"But what if I can't meet people's expectations?"

"You need to work hard Yoona, and it doesn't matter if you don't meet other peoples expectations because you'll always be above my expectations for you."

"Thanks Jin," I say as I give him a kiss on the cheek and I go to my classroom to try to find Seohyun.

"Yoona, have you decided yet," Seohyun asks me.

"Yeah, I'm going to do it."

"You're going to be part of the singing competition," Minah asks as she appears from behind Seohyun.

"Yeah, do you have a problem with that Minah," I ask.

"No, it's just that I bet you can't even sing. You are so going to lose against Hyeri, Sojin, Yura, and I. I forgot to mention... Hyeri is way prettier than you so, you just lost your male votes. We're going to appeal to the male audience, so good luck because you guys are going to need it," Minah says and she walks away.

"Don't listen to her Yoona, you're way prettier than Hyeri and if we want to beat those brats, we have to practice a lot. Come on, let's go and practice right now," Seohyun says as she drags me to the field.

"Let's start practicing," Taeyeon says as she starts the music and we all start to sing and dance.

"Yoona, you're singing too early, listen to the beat," Hyoyeon says.

I nod my head and I listen to the beat then I sing.

"Now you're singing too late," Sooyoung says.

"I'm sorry," I tell them as I carefully listen to the beat and I get it perf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter