KANGJOON- Hide Me

My AUs Oneshots

 

“You’re a store clerk and oh I just spotted my ex please let me hide behind your cashier thing.”

               

                “Come on! You have to come out with us tonight.”

                “I’m really busy, I’m still at work.”

                “Ugh, you’re always working, Ara. When will you give time to your best friend, aka me?!”

                I laughed at her childish manner. “I promise I will go out with you next week, Ji Ah.”

                “You better! No excuses. Oh, my Uber is here, I’ll talk to you later, best. Have fun at work.”

                “Bye, stay safe. I’ll try to have fun,” I said sarcastically.

                I hung up the phone and continued to browse the aisles looking for food. I was actually not at work but instead was at a 7-11 trying to find snacks to accommodate me with my movie-night tonight. I had to lie to Ji Ah because she has been begging me to go to this new club with her for about a month now but I just wasn’t in the mood. It couldn’t be helped that it was the time of the month. You know what I mean. I grabbed all the snacks and drinks I wanted and headed to the cashier. It was vacant and the store clerk was nowhere in sight.

                “I’ll be right there!” someone said at the back of the store.

                I got out my phone and started to check my messages. Nothing was really interesting me so I put my phone away and started looking around the store. All I could think about was the food that was going to be devoured the second I got home. I looked around again and something outside the store caught my eye- scratch that, someone outside the store caught my eye.

                *Could that be…? Holy it is.*

                I went into full panic mode and looked outside to check again. He was definitely making his way into the store. I had ten seconds to make a decision before he would come in. I silently started cussing and jumped up and down. I was nervous, that’s for sure. I looked around the store and I could see that it was tiny. He would definitely see me. I looked in front of me and remembered that the cash register place was empty. Perfect.

                I ran behind the counter and crouch down. Please don’t let him see me. Please don’t.

                At that moment, the cashier came towards the front and I saw that his back facing me. He was probably wondering where I went since I left the basket of food on top of the counter. “Where did she go?” he said to himself. The bell that indicated someone opening the door was ringing and I could hear a pair of footsteps coming towards the counter. “Welcome!” the cashier said,

                “I’m sorry but was there someone here just now?”

                That voice sent chills down my spine. I hated it.

                I watched the cashier scratched his head. “Uh… I thought there was someone here but they might have left.”

                He sighed and nodded his head. “Oh, alright thanks. Do you have a restroom by any chance?”

                “Yeah, in the back.”

                He left the front of the store and I felt myself actually breathe for the first time since he walked in. I leaned my head back to the counter and took in deep breaths. That was a close call.

                “Hey who…”

                My eyes shot open and I saw that the cashier was looking at me. I panicked again and put a finger to my mouth to signal him to be quiet. He turned around and looked back towards him and I waited for the door to be shut before saying anything.

                “Who are you and why are you back here? Wait… Are you stealing?!” he asked alarm all of a sudden. He put himself in a defensive position.

                “No, no, no. I was just- I’m-” I didn’t know what to say.

                “So you are a robber! You think you can just do that so bluntly?!” he asked as he got ready to call the police.

                “Wait! No! I’m-” I got up and grabbed the phone from his hand. He looked angry for a second but his eyes went wide when he saw me from up close. I was also surprised to see him from this distance. He was actually really good looking. “I’m not stealing! I’m…” He waited for me to finish. I groaned in frustration, “I’m hiding from my ex okay?! He was the one who went to the bathroom.”

                Yeah, I was hiding from my ex-boyfriend. That ing douchebag had the nerve to keep looking for me even though I had already broke up with him. We agreed to end things mutually but he called and texted me every single day after the break up asking for a second chance. I had thought he was finally out of my life but here he is again.

                “Your ex-boyfriend?” the cashier asked.

                “Yes my ex-boyfriend. Can you just please not tell him I’m hiding here I still have to buy all that.” I pointed at my basket. I looked at his name tag, “Kangjoon ssi, please,” I begged him. He looked surprised that I knew his name but quickly fixed his composure. He nodded his head and I was gonna say thank you but the door to the restroom open and I fell back down to the floor again.

                “Can I get a pack of cigarettes?” my ex asked Kangjoon.

                “Sure.” He walked behind the counter and towards me. There wasn’t enough space for both of us. I tried to crouch into the very corner so that he could move freely. “Which one would you like?”            

                “Marlboro, please. And a lighter.”

                I rolled my eyes, this bastard still hasn’t quit his smoking habit. One of the reasons why I broke up with him by the way. I felt pain on the top of my head and realized that Kangjoon had dropped the whole lighter box on my head. That freakin idiot. I yelped in response and immediately covered my mouth. !

                “What was that?!” my ex asked alarmed.

                The idiot looked down at me and laughed awkwardly. “Oh haha that’s just…” he paused for a second. “My coworker! Hey… Nana, are you okay? Sorry about that,” he laughed and rubbed my head.

                I swatted his hand away and kept my head low just in case he recognized me. Nana? Great name. I started picking up the lighters and I heard the cash register opened as my ex paid.

                “Thank you,” Kangjoon said as he gave him his change.

                I hear my ex walk away and the ringing of the bell meant he had walked out the door. I got up and leaned against the counter because the throbbing pain at the back of my head wouldn’t stop.

                “I’m so sorry,” he said. “Are you hurt?”

                “Nana’s fine,” I replied sarcastically in third person. I dropped the lighters onto the counter top and rubbed my head.

                “I’m sorry let me see.” He grabbed my head and lifted my face up. I was surprised at the sudden contact and tried to avoid his gaze. He moved my face left and right. “Looks like there are no cuts on your face.”

                “Yeah but my head hurts,” I whined.

                He grabbed the ice cream that was in my basket and placed it on my head. “Ice it for a bit.”

                “It’s gonna melt.” I rolled my eyes but held it there anyway. We awkwardly stood there and quietly laughed about what happened.

                “Do you still want the stuff, Nana ssi…?” he asked as he grabbed the basket.

                “It’s Ara,” I told him as I tried to get my wallet out.

                “Sorry, Ara ssi, I really didn’t mean to drop the lighters on your head,” he said embarrassed.

                “It’s fine, no harm- well no big harm done,” I smiled at him. He ringed me up and I paid for my things. “Well I guess I should go now-”

                “Wait! Your head should still be hurting. You should stay here for a while.”

                I crossed my arms. “And do what?”

                He shrugged his shoulders. “Tell me how he became your ex?”

                I smiled. I was going to be here for a while.

 


A/N: Newest one :) Hope y'all enjoy!