GDRAGON- Mixtape Mishap

My AUs Oneshots

 

“I haven’t seen you for a while so I made you a mixtape of all our favorite songs but I accidentally gave you the CD with my screamo songs and I can’t imagine the look on your face.”

               

                “I miss you, baby girl.”

                I felt the butterflies in my stomach again after he said that. Baby girl… that nickname he gave me kills me every time he says it. I sighed, “I miss you too, Ji.”

                “I’m sorry I haven't come to see you. I’ve just been so busy these days.”

                “Did CEO Yang lock you up in the studio again?” I joked with him as I grabbed some strawberries from the fridge.

                “Mhm, I have deadlines to meet,” he sighed. “What are you doing?”

                It can’t be helped, I chose to date an idol. I chose to date the G Dragon of all idols.

                “Nothing much,” I told him as I plopped onto the couch.

                “Nothing much? Shouldn’t you be busy missing me?” he teased.

                I rolled my eyes, back at it again with the cheesy jokes. “Haha, very funny.”

                I heard him chuckle and I heard some shuffling as he continued to work. Sometimes, we just like to have each other on the phone; nothing has to be said, we just have a comfortable silence with each other. I continued watching the drama I was catching up on and on his end all I could hear was the music that was blasting through the studio speakers. Occasionally he would ask if it sounded okay and I would give him a “Yeah” or “Mhm.”

                Suddenly I heard him talk to someone. “Ah, hyung, you’re back?”

                “Yeah, there was traffic.”

                “Hi, manager oppa,” I said immediately after hearing his voice.

                “Hey, Hyerin. I left you something with the security in the lobby at your place. I was gonna give it to you personally but I didn’t want to deal with parking.”

                “What? Me?”

                “I told hyung to drop off something to you since I couldn’t go,” Jiyong said. “Go pick it up and have a listen to it. I have to go now I’ll see you soon, Hyerin ah.”

                “Thanks, Ji. I’ll see you soon,” I said while getting up to head downstairs.

                “Where’s my ‘I love you?’” he said.

                “Can you not?” I groaned while putting on my shoes. “You’re so cheesy.”

                He laughed, “Come on, it’ll help me finish this song.”

                I sighed, defeated. “I love you.”

                I could imagine the smirk on his face. “I love you to the moon and back, baby girl.”

                We hung up and I rode the elevator downstairs to pick up whatever his manager had left me. The security guard smiled when he saw me and immediately handed me a box. I thanked him and went back upstairs to my apartment. Kicking my shoes off, I opened the box to see a CD inside with a little note stuck to it.

I made this for you. I know I’ve been busy but I’ll see you very soon. In the meantime, listen to this CD and only think of me. All these songs were picked out especially for you. Hope you love it, hon.

Love,

Ji

                I couldn’t help but smile to myself. He was always sweet like this. I placed the CD into my sound system and sat back down onto the couch. I grabbed my bowl of strawberries and closed my eyes and waited for the music to start. I popped a strawberry into my mouth just as the first song stared and I honestly never heard of it before.

Don't blink they won't even miss you at all

                I scrunched my eyebrows together as I chewed on my strawberry. What song was this? As the verse went on, I could tell that it was getting intense and all of a sudden-

So run like hell,

Sleep with one eye open,

I can't forgive or forget you

We'll tell everyone the damage done,

Deep down you can't stop me

You can't stop me now

                I choked on my strawberry as I heard the chorus start. This was… screamo music? All I could hear was the lead singer screaming into the mic and I knew that I had probably woke up my neighbors.

I'll be there just to watch you fall,

So don't push me, I've got nothing to lose.

                Wait, didn’t he say he picked out this songs for me? I’ll be there to watch you fall? What was he implying? I ran towards the audio system and paused the song. What did I just hear? Maybe he just accidently placed this song into the CD. I skipped to the next song and lowered the volume just in case something else surprises me. The second song was even more violent and disturbing than the first.

You know there's nowhere to hide, no way out alive

I'll eat your heart, I'm a monster

No where to hide, no way out alive,

I'll eat your heart, I'm a monster

I'm so sick of your kind, get the out of my life

                I blinked a few times and paused the track. This was screamo again? Get the out of my life? I crossed my arms and laughed to myself. What was he trying to say to me? I skipped the track again and for the rest of the CD, it was all screamo. I turned off my audio system and sighed. If these songs were especially picked out for me, he was definitely hinting at something. I was frustrated and confused but I knew that overthinking it would just cause more drama. I sat back down and listened to all the songs again. Was he trying to kill me? Was he threatening me?

                *Ding Dong*

                My doorbell rang and I wondered who it could have been. It was late in the night and I wasn’t expecting anyone. I walked to the door and opened it to see the one man I was thinking about.

                “Surprise!” he shouted out while smiling at me. Before I could even respond he had already pulled me in for a tight embrace. “I’ve missed you so much, baby girl.”

                I closed my eyes and let him hug me. It’s been weeks since I’ve seen him and it honestly felt so good to have him in my arms again. He stilled smelled like cigarettes and vanilla, my favorite scent. But at the same time, he wanted to kill me right? At least, that's what his songs were implying. Why did he want to kill me? Why did I not feel nervous?

                He let go of me and kissed my forehead. “Surprised to see me? I told you I’ll see you soon,” he said.

                “What? You’re here to watch me fall? Or are you here to eat my heart like a monster?” I asked him bitterly.

                His smiled turned into a frown. “What are you talking about?”

                I sighed, I was being petty. “Nothing. Come in,” I invited him to the couch and he sat down. He looked confused since I wasn’t sitting so he patted the seat next to him. I shook my head.

                “Is there something you need to say?” he titled his head.

                “Is there something you need to say?” I crossed my arms.

                “I came here to see you, hon. Tell me what’s wrong.” He got up and came towards me.

                I turned around and went to the kitchen. “I’ll get you some water.” I quickly walked and groaned in frustration realizing how stupid I was being. I needed to act like an adult, not some bratty teenager. I quickly grabbed two cups of water and sat down on the couch next to him. “Sorry, babe, I’m just tired.”

                He pulled me into his lap. “I know.” He kissed my forehead. “Did you like the mixtape?”

                “Loved it,” I said sarcastically.

                “Every single one of those songs were prepared for you. You don’t know how long that took,” he said dramatically.

                “You must have put careful consideration for all those songs,” I scoffed.

                “Is it in the system? Let’s listen to it together,” he said excitedly. He got up from the couch and practically ran to the audio system.

                Boy, wasn’t he eager to end everything. I watched as he played the CD and bite his lip in excitement. He looked over at me and I could only feel anger as I looked at him. I knew he was creative but did he really have to do it like that? There was no way in hell I was going to let him kill me. I looked around the room for a weapon just in case.

                The first song started once again and his face scrunched up in confusion as he heard it. “What?” he muttered to himself. He skipped the song and went to the next one. He looked at me and I was already staring at him with one eyebrow arched. He paused the music, “Baby-”

                “I get it,” I interrupted him before he could say anything. “I get it. I heard all the songs. The message was clear. I get it,” I said as I took a deep breath in.

                “No, Hyerin-”

                “It’s okay, you don’t have to explain yourself. We can just end it now like this. No hard feelings. I know you hate me but you don't have to kill-"

                Before I could finish talking he had already walked up to me and cupped my face together. My face was squished together and my mouth looked like a fish trying to blow out bubbles. “Can you just let me talk?” he asked.

                This was it, this was the end for me. I couldn’t talk so I just glared at him and he chuckled and let me go. “You think this is funny?!” I asked exasperated.

                “Yeah, I do think it’s funny. I can’t even imagine your face when you first played the CD,” he laughed.

                Sadistic little . “I was disappointed,” I glared at him. “What happened to talking things out? Did you really have to do me like that?” I turned away so I didn’t have to see his face.

                “Baby girl, I’m sorry,” he said as he hugged me from behind. Tears were threatening to come out of my eyes. “I didn’t mean to make you feel like this.” He hugged me tighter and kissed my head. “I gave you the wrong CD, love.”

                I opened my eyes and froze. What did he just say? I turned to look at him to see an amused look on his face. “Huh?”

                He ruffled my hair. “I said I gave you the wrong CD. I accidently gave you my screamo mixtape,” he said sheepishly. I sighed in relief and punched him in the shoulder. “Ow!” he screamed.

                “That’s what you get for scaring me, you punk!” I said as I kept attacking him.

                He grabbed my waist and pulled me in again to stop me from attacking. He counterattacked me and started tickling me. We were both giggling idiots as we struggled to pull away from each other. We both ending up falling onto the couch and we sat there to catch our breath. He suddenly looked at me with a piercing gaze. I will never get over his eyes. He held my hand and kissed it.

                “Forgive me.” I rolled my eyes, he knew he was already forgiven the second he told me what happened. “Come on, say it,” he urged.

                “You’re so needy,” I told him. He circled his thumb on my hand and waited for my response. “Fine, I forgive you,” I said.

                He smiled and came towards my face and kissed me.

                “I love you, baby girl.”