KANGJOON- Last One

My AUs Oneshots

 

“We both came here to buy the same movie but there is only one DVD left let’s split the cost and watch it together I have popcorn at home.”

          

               Finally, after two weeks of nonstop work, I was finally able to have some free time before my next project started. I love my job but these deadlines were a pain in the and it required sleepless nights and too many Red Bulls to count. But what can I do, the job pays well and I basically have to pay for everything myself. Rent, bills, clothes, necessities, you name it. It's great to be an adult.

                I looked at the clock and it was already 6 p.m. I had done absolutely nothing but sleep and lounge around all day. I lazily stretched and got up to take a shower. After getting out of the shower, I put on my bath robe and walked to the kitchen to find something to eat. Opening up the fridge, I could see that there was nothing edible really besides some side dishes and some vegetables. I closed the fridge and rummaged through my cupboards to find a box of unopened popcorn. I grabbed the box and set it on the counter.

                “Maybe I’ll just watch a movie and have popcorn,” I said to no one in particular.

                I walked out to the living room and looked over my DVD collection. Nothing in particular caught my eye and I’ve probably watched each movie over ten times. I decided that this was the perfect excuse to get out the apartment and buy a new movie to add to my collection. I walked back to my room and changed into something decent looking, grabbed my purse and keys and walked out of the apartment.

                Since it was summer time, the sky was still bright and there were still many people around. I decided to take the scenic route and walked through the park rather than taking the bus to my favorite movie shop. As I was walking through, just watching the kids playing around brought a surge of happiness to my heart. I wish I was as free as them but thinking of my next project I knew I wouldn’t even be able to be half as happy as them now.

                I definitely needed something to spice up my life.

~~~

                The walk took longer than I expected and it was already 7:30 by the time I was standing in front of the store. I pulled open the door and the familiar ringing sound of the bell greeted me and it also brought attention to my favorite ahjumma who runs the shop.

                “Ah, Areum, long time no see!” she greeted me with her famous moon-eye smile.

                “Hi it’s been a while hasn’t it?” I bowed to her.

                “Where have you been I thought you were never coming back,” she joked with me.

                “Of course not, I was just really busy with work.” I leaned against the counter.

                “Your boss is giving you a hard time again?” she asked.

                “It’s his job to,” I smiled. “Anyway, do you have any new movies that came to the store?”

                “We actually do. If you go to the ‘new release’ section there’s a ton of new movies from the US that just arrived yesterday,” she said as she pointed the way with her chin.

                I nodded my head and walked over to the back of the store where the new movies were placed and browsed with my eyes. Most of the movies were not to my liking until I stumbled upon the Captain America: Civil War movie. Finally! I totally forgot that this movie came out and Captain America is one of my favorite Marvel characters. I guessed that the movie was really popular here in Korea because there was only one DVD left.

                With no hesitation, I bent down to grab the movie but before I could even touch it a hand had already swooped in and grabbed it from the shelf. I jumped from shock because one; I did not realize that someone had been there and two; did he really just take the one movie I wanted?!

                I looked up clearly irritated and was expecting to see some kid looking at me but was surprised that I had to look up higher than I had thought. The “kid” was clearly not a kid but a man about six feet tall. He looked down at me and I was in awe for a second because his eyes were so pretty to look at. He had beautiful light hazel colored eyes and they were piercing into mine.

                *Hold on, he took your DVD! Get it back!* a voice in my head said.

                I got up from the floor and crossed my arms. “Hey, could you not see that I was already grabbing for that DVD?”

                “I already wanted it and just went to the bathroom. I was gonna come back for it.”

      I then realized how pouty and plump his lips were and how deep his voice was…

                *Snap out of it!*

                “Well, you could have fooled me! How am I supposed to know if you went to the bathroom or not?”

                He scoffed and crossed his arms as well. “Look, kid, go watch a romantic comedy or something. I already have the other two movies and I just need this one to complete it.”

                I glared at him. “Kid? Excuse you but look whose acting childish stealing other people’s things. You think you’re the only person in the world that has the Captain America movies? I have them too!” He was getting on my nerves, I really didn’t need this on my day off. He looked at me and started laughing his head off. I got confused at the sudden change in attitude and could only keep staring at him. “What are you laughing about?”

                He stopped laughing and looked at me, “You’re cute when you’re mad.”

                I blinked an couple of times and started blushing after I realized what he just said. Did he just call me… cute?

                He uncrossed his arms and suddenly went towards my face and I backed away immediately because of the proximity. He titled his head to the side and used a finger to poke at my temple. “Does your vein always pop out when you’re angry?”

                I covered my temples with my hand. “N-N-No.” Why the hell was I stuttering? I looked him straight in the eyes to intimidate him but I was mesmerized again by his eye color. God damn they were beautiful. “A-Anyway, are you going to give me the movie back or what?”

                He suddenly smiled and ignored my question completely. “I’m Seo Kangjoon, what’s your name?”

                I frowned. “What?”

                He pouted and stared at me. “Are you not going to answer my question?”

                “You ignored me first. Why should I tell you?”

                He pursed his lips out and they looked more kissable than ever…

                *Wait, what?! No stop yourself, Areum!*

                “Well if you’re going to want the DVD I guess you got to tell me your name first,” he smirked as he held the DVD in front of my face.

                I realized how stupid this was and I didn’t have to stand around and entertain a complete stranger. “Forget it, you can have it.” I turned around and walked away to the front of the store and bowed to the ahjumma quickly before going out.

                “Wait!” I felt him grab onto my wrist which stopped me from going any further.

                “Areum, you’re leaving already? Did you not find anything you like?” the ahjumma asked me.

                “So your name is Areum?” he smiled and I groaned after realizing that the ahjumma had given my name away.

                The ahjumma looked confused at our situation and curiously asked, “Kangjoon, what are you doing holding onto Areum for dear life?”

                He let me go after realizing that he was still holding me and scratched the back of his neck. “Uh I just…”

                She suddenly smirked, “Do you like her or something?”

                He suddenly blushed and I was surprise to see him like that. Wasn’t he just messing with me? Did he really like me? 

                “W-What? Ahjumma, how can you say that? It's our first time meeting. I was just gonna give her this movie.” He put the DVD in my hands and looked away.

                The ahjumma looked at the DVD and turned to him. “Isn’t this the one you wanted? You were waiting for this for weeks already.”

                I tilted my head and looked at him. He was actually waiting for this movie? So why did he give it to me?          

                He looked at me and then looked at her and shook his head. “No, no, no. You’re mistaken I wasn’t looking for this movie.”

                “You were definitely looking for this-”

                “Anyway!” he interrupted her before he could finish. I was amused by his behavior and found him sort of cute. “I think I’m just gonna to leave now. I’ll see you later, ahjumma, and I hope you enjoy the movie, kid.” He bowed and walked out of the store.

                *Do it, Areum. He’s that spice you need.”

                I closed my eyes and silently cussed at myself because that little voice in my head was right.

                I wanted to get to know him better.

                “Ahjumma, I’ll be right back.” I put the DVD on the counter and ran out of the store and tried to find him before it was too late.I looked left and right and found him already across the street and walking into the park I came from. “Wait!”

                He didn’t hear me and kept walking. I was nervous and scared that I was going to lose him but god was on my side because the light suddenly turned green. I sprinted as fast as I could but he was already a long distance away. Why does he walk so fast?!

                “Wait! Stop!”

                I stopped running because I was out of breath and wearing flip flops didn’t help me at all. He was already almost out of my sight. With all my might, I shouted at the top of my lungs.

                “KANGJOON SSI!”

                Everyone at the park turned to look at the maniac screaming. I panted and realized that there was more people than I thought and cursed myself again for making a fool out of myself.

                He turned around and was shocked, probably because someone just screamed his name so loudly or at the sight of me because I was huffing and puffing my life away. He walked back towards me and laughed. “What is it, kid?” he asked amused. “I’ve never heard anyone shout my name out so dramatically before.”

                I glared at him and wondered if I made a mistake to find him again. He was definitely a tease. I straightened myself up and looked at him.

                He arched one of his eyebrows and waited for my response.

                Here goes nothing.

                “We both came here to buy the same movie but there is only one left so let’s split the cost and watch it together… I have popcorn at home.”

 


A/N: Hi, hi, hi! Here's the first story. Idk if I’m actually going to be continuing this or not but it was pretty fun to do. Who here loves Seo Kang Joon because I do!!! Loved him since forever and fell in love with him all over again after Cheese in the Trap. Let me know what y’all think and I’ll see you in the next one! <3