Part 3

Rapunzel and The Knight

 

 

“Are you sure this is the right way?”

Shinhye asks while hugging her huge bag, eyes wandering around the scarily thick jungle.

“I might be clumsy, Rapunzel, but I have great memory and high IQ level.”

Said Yonghwa and groans at the heavy load behind his back.

He is now regretting that he offered to bring them for her and not stopping her from bringing everything she wants.

“There you go bluffing again.”

Shinhye mumbles and stops.

“Oh.”

She exclaimed, suddenly which makes Yonghwa turns to look at her.

“Wae?”

“That. What or who are that?”

Yonghwa copied her and look at that direction where she pointed and widens his eyes.

“The huntsmen. They must be looking for me.”

“Neh?!”

Shinhye responds rather shocked; she did not believe him earlier.

“Palli come with me. We have to hide.”

“Hide? Where?”

Yonghwa looks around and saw a huge tree with big root.

“There.”

He holds her hand and quickly hide her first before he leans after her; watching if the men had left.

On opposite of Yonghwa anxious self, Shinhye gulps while she looks at Yonghwa, whose face is too close to her that she can see his skin closely.

Her heart starts to beat faster than it already is and she clasps on her chest, she was too focus on him and her emotion.

She unconsciously smiled, while she feasting on his chest who looks strong; biting her lips when she remember she said that he is weak earlier.

“They are gone.”

Yonghwa whispers and look at her, smiling and once again she is swoon by his smile; forgetting that she is supposed to boss him around and not to fall in love.

“Love?”

Shinhye quickly straighten her pose, widening her eyes.

She fakes a cough and Yonghwa looks at her, clueless.

“We should just go then right?”

She said, a little bit of stutter here and there.

Yonghwa looks around and nods. Pulling up the bag and secure it behind his back.

“Are you okay? You look reddish.”

He said, and she was flustered once again.

She is being naughty earlier and her cheek betrayed her.

Yeah, her mind is controlling her movement but not her heart and that leads to her blushing.

She nods by herself after she is done with her reasoning; so she looks at him.

“I’m scared earlier.”

“Oh. You are scared. I see.”

He commented and starts walking, she follows him with a straight face, wondering if Yonghwa is being sarcastic.

“We should go down that lane.”

“But it look scary though.”

Shinhye said, biting her lips once again, looking from his back.

“That’s why we should go now before it’s getting dark.”

“But but.”

“You lived alone for decade but you are afraid of dark? Really?”

“It never dark in there.”

Yonghwa sighs and turns at her, shinhye pouts as she look at him.

“Look, we have no time. Do you want to find your family or do you want to go back there?”

He said pointing to where they are walking from.

Shinhye looks at her with those puppy eyes so he gives up asking.

“I’m reliable okay. I can fight. It’s true even though you can’t believe me. I can protect us both. So you can lean on me. I’m not that useless.”

“I don’t mean it that way you see.”

“I don’t mind what you want to think. What you think about me is like how most people too. That’s why I was asked to run away from my problem rather than fighting for it.”

He said and she was feeling guilty.

“I’m sorry.”

She said, eyes full of tenderness.

Yonghwa sighs and pulls out his sword and looks at her.

“This might make you feel more protected. Now shall we go?”

“Aishh. I feel bad for being scared earlier.”

She mumbles as she walks behind him closely.

Yonghwa just walk straight ahead while listening if her footstep was heard without looking at her.

He is feeling hurt too.

Even the lady he just met think he is weak and unable to fight while he once killed a monster.

He remember how his father will ask him to not join any fight so he won’t get hurt while his cousins compete to be the best.

He remember how he ran away for a week and find the inspiration and his liking in music and it kept him away from feeling small in his own kingdom.

But being a musician is not a thing to be impressed especially when he is a crown prince that will one day sit at his father’s throne.

Only his mother know about his passion and she supports him.

His father doesn’t until one day, someone told him and he was angry.

He was punished and was sent out to live as a peasant for two years before he was accepter in the palace again.

But his misery doesn’t stop there, he was accused on the disappearing of Kingdom’s fortune which he never know where it was originally at.

His cousin was the first to say he should be executed so his mother asks him to run away.

Now here he was, walking again to his Kingdom after just few days running away to help this person who doesn’t seem to trust him as well.

“Um oppa.”

He stops walking and turns a bit to see her.

Shinhye was fiddling with her fingers as she look down and Yonghwa breathe out.

“It’s okay. I’m not angry.”

He said and plan to turn around when Shinhye tugs on his finger.

He looks at his finger that was wrapped in her hand and look at her.

“Can we be comfortable again. It’s suffocating. I can’t.”

She said, still holding his finger.

“Okay.”

He said, smiling as he pats her head.

Instead of getting annoyed that someone touches her hair, Shinhye smiles so bright that she too feels that it is unusual of herself; being too casual with Yonghwa as if she had knows him for long.

“Oppa.”

She called him again and Yonghwa smiles.

“Yes?”

“If you want to talk, you can share it with me.”

She said while passing him a strawberry.

Yonghwa took it after he puts his sword back inside its cover and nods.

So in their way, Yonghwa did talk to her about himself and he told her almost about anything before they heard noises comes from their front again.

 

 

 


I am so late in updating and I wish all of you are in understanding mode.. 😁
Thank you for staying..
♡ you guys..