Three

Used and New

Minji sat on her vanity chair, curling the last pieces of her hair. Just one day, Min. Facing them for one more day and then you shut them out completely. You ditch those backstabbing motherers after today. 

Luhan opened the door, "You ready?" 

She gave a light smile and got up, "I hope so." 

Luhan gave Minji a hug, "Don't worry. Whatever happens, I'll be right next to you. Yeah?" 

Again, she smiled, this time with more confidence. 

 

The party was going well. Luhan tripped on the grass, over his foot only 4 times and no one but everyone noticed. All the limited amount of her friends from high school attended and Mrs. Jung was more than satisfied. Seeing her daughter reunite with the people she forced her to seperate with, nothing could make her happier than to see Minji with the people who made her the happiest. 

"Minji! You look great. Guess the 'land of the free' treated you well?" Jongdae, one of her oldest friends, hugged Minji. Minji laughed, "What are you talking about, you look better than me. Tell me your secret." 

Jongdae smirked, "Let me give you advice, Min. It's called 'not-doing-work.' It's very effective." 

She smacked him and laughed, "Of course, why didn't I think of that in the first place." 

"MINJII!!!!!!"

She could recognize that voice anywere. It was impossible to forget, "BAEKHYUN!!!!"

"Minji! I missed you so so so much. So much for responding to my dm's and snaps." Baekhyun pouted, something he adapted from being around Luhan too much.

Minji laughed pushed his lower lip in, "I'm back now though!" Sure, it was Baekhyun's sister who did the wrong so there was no reason to be a to Baekhyun too right?

"True" Baekhyun smiled and gave her a quick hug, "We have to catch up soon. I want to tell you everything about what's been going on around town."

"Sounds good, Baek," Minji smiled when her eyes caught a glimpse of two certain people walking in the garden together. Meeting eye contact with the female, she quickly scanned the crowd for Luhan.

When the duo started walking towards Minji, she panicked, Where's Luhan?! 

"I'm here, Min. Breathe." Luhan nudged Minji and looked down, "Breathe."

She nodded and relaxed her face into smiled. She turned her gaze towards the couple coming towards her, "Hey guys."

Yeonmi looked taken aback but quickly smiled, "Hi."

"We saw each other in the cafe in Main Street and decided to come together," Jongin casually greeted Minji and Luhan.

Minji furrowed her eyebrows because there was no need to say that but,"Cool." 

Luhan darted his eyes back and forth from Jongin to Minji to Yeonmi, "Oookay then. Minji, you should greet the elders, they probably want to hear about the 'open doors' in America, right? Haha." He pushed Minji away from the other two.

Minji glared at Luhan, "Luhan, that was so unnatural."

Luhan shrugged, "There was unspeakable tension in the air. Too suffocating for my taste."

Minji shook her head and chuckled, "Sure." She ran off to her mom motioning for her daughter to come over and greet her friends. "I'll be right back," she said to Luhan before walking off. 

 

After bowing to almost 20 elders, it was time for Minji to fake her sickness. She pulled Luhan asides, "Are you ready?" 

Luhan rolled his eyes, "Ugh, yes. It's been an hour and I'm so done with everyone already. All everyone asks is, 'when are you getting married?' I'M ONLY A SOPHMORE IN COLLEGE. WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP FORGETTING."

Minji laughed loudly, for the first time throughout the whole party, "Why do I feel like it should be the other way around. When you're married, people are going to wonder when you're going to graduate college." 

"Shut up, just started the gig," Luhan tugged at his neck tie and put on his concerned face. 

Minji waited until her mom was near, "Ugh, Luhan, my stomach feels weird. I think I might be coming down with something." 

Luhan gasped, "Did you have the cereal today morning?" 

Minji nodded, "Yeah, with milk." 

Luhan gave Minji a look, with milk? Obviously you ate cereal with milk, "Minji! The milk was expired for like 2 months! You didn't smell anything funny?" 

"What?! 2 months?!" 

Thankfully, Minji's mom caught onto the act and came over, "What's happening?" 

"Mom, apparently I ate milk that was expired 2 months ago. I feel really sick," Minji feigned sick. 

Minji's mom furrowed her brows, "2 months?! You didn't smell anything funny?!" 

Luhan looked at Minji's mom, exacerbated, "That's what I said!" 

"Mom, I'm sorry, I think I have to head back now." 

Mrs. Jung nodded, "It's okay, honey. Go back and take some medicine. Drink lots of water, yeah?" 

Minji sighed, "I'm really sorry mom." Really. 

"Is everything fine?" A familiar voice joined. 

All three turned to the figure. Minji's mom's face broke out into a smiled, "Jongin! Could you please taken Minji home? She isn't feeling well." 

"Mom! Uh, I mean, mom. Luhan's got this. He's going to take me home," Minji grabbed her mom's arm. 

Luhan nodded, "Yeah Mrs. Jung, I think it would be better if I took her home." 

"Nonsense, Luhan. You always take Minji around nowadays. Share her, won't you?" Mrs. Jung gave Luhan a tight smile, trying to get a message across. Luhan knew never to cross Mrs. Jung and although what she was trying to do was blatently obviously, Luhan decided to be on her side and sacrifice Minji. 

"Is that bubble tea I see?" Luhan walked away. Minji screamed inwardly and glared at Luhan, BETRAYER. BETRAYER. BETRAYER. 

"Jongin, I'll leave Minji in your care," Mrs. Jung left, leaving the two. 

"I'll bring my car out to the front, I parked pretty far away," Jongin looked at Minji, obviously concerned. 

She gave him a weak smile, "You know, I can always just grab Luhan and make him take me home. You really don't have to." 

"What? No, it's fine," Jongin paused, "It's the least I could do for you." 

Minji frowned, Of course it's the least you could do for me. After what you've done. She nodded and forced a chuckle, "If you insist." 

"Great, let me go tell--- ah, I'll just get the car." 

She knew he wanted to say let me go tell Yeonmi but she just nodded and turned her attention to very interesting Luhan trying to advert Sehun's attention to somewhere else so that he wouldn't grab the bubble tea. Trying not to notice Jongin giving Yeonmi a quick hug and leaving through the front, she laughed when the bubble tea eventually fell on the ground. When she saw a familiar black BMW pull up, she gathered her stuff and left the party. 

 

The car ride was silent and despite the conversation they had back when Jongin barged  came to her house, the tension between the two was evident. Soon, Jongin parked in front of Minji's house and when she unbuckled, Jongin decided to speak, "Hey, we should all... get together some time. You, Luhan, Yeonmi, and me." 

Minji paused, lost for words, "I... I'm not sure if that's a good idea." 

Jongin cocked his head, "What do you mean?" 

She shook her head and gave a tired smile, "Nothing. I'm sick, remember? I think it's just me missing America or something. I'm probably going to rest for the rest of the week. I'll see you around, Jongin. Take care."

Getting out, she closed the door and turned around. She paused and turned around again, facing the car. Knocking the window, she motioned Jongin to roll down the window, "I just thought I'd let you know and save you from more embarassment. I... I know what happened. So let's not pretend why you didn't know what I meant by saying that we shouldn't meet anymore. Good bye Jongin. Send Yeonmi my regards too." 

 

A/NHELLOOOO!!! It is FEB BREAK! I hope to upload a lot during this break so PLEASE don't forget to subcribe, comment, and upvote!!