One.

Used and New

"Just when I thought I left this place for good.  As she stepped onto the busy street of Seoul, she turned the corner of her apartment to the convenience store. First day in Seoul and my first dinner is ramyun. Real gourmet, Minji. Real gourmet. She quickly paid for her dinner and rushed back home, not wanting to meet anyone she knew from before. 

Not even two hours later Minji's front door was being pounded on, hard.

"Aye, Lu." Minji nudged Luhan. Luhan flew the door open wider and stormed his way in, "I can't believe you're here. I can't believe you didn't tell me. I can't believe that I had to hear from your mother that you were here. As your best friend, I feel betrayed." He threw himself on the couch and glared. 

Minji rolled her eyes and followed the latter, " I was going to tell you. Just not today because its almost 1:00 in the morning." She mounted all her hair up and tied it in a messy bun. 

Luhan pouted(quite literally), "But still."

Minji sighed, "I'm sorry, what shall I ever do to make up for my incompetence." 

"I don't appreciate your sarcasm, Min."

"Well too bad, " Minji shot Luhan a look, "Are you hungry?" 

"Quite honestly, yes. But knowing you, you probably don't have any food in there right?" 

"Ah, you know me too well." She got up and walked to her thermostat, "It's cold in here, right? I'll warm the living room up and we can catch up, sounds good?" 

Luhan shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "Uh, yeah. Sure." 

Minji eyed Luhan, knowing there was something wrong and that it definitely wasn't the temperature, "What's bothering you?" 

"Nothing, particularly." 

 

It wasn't until a couple of days afterwards when Luhan dropped the news. 

"Aye, Minjuice." Luhan flung his left arm over Minji's shoulder. 

"Refrain yourself from touching me, Luhan." Minji made a face and shoved Luhan away. 

"Don't be mean," he whined, "We haven't seen each other in, like, 5 years? And you're being mean to me already." 

"You're the one who kept on 'forgetting' call me back on Skype."

"That was only 157 times." Luhan tried to reason out, "Out of 1825 days."

Minji looked away, "... Your response were slow as too. Even my grandmother replied faster than you." 

"Your grandmother's dead."

"Exactly."

"Anyways, Min. I have some, uh, news." 

"What?"

"You see... Jongin's got a girlfriend. And she's not exactly... Well. I don't think. Ah, well. I think you'll like her." 

"What?"

"Yeah, she's this super tall, super pretty, super nice, and super quirky. And super smart. Everything that you aren't." 

Minji stared at Luhan, " you." She got up and tried to leave, Luhan grabbed her wrist and forcefully sat her down again, "I'm kidding, Minji. But seriously, she has this super good reputation with all of our friends. Has no flaws. I've tried everything." 

Minji raised her eyebrow, "Luhan, this isn't some kind of k-drama. Who is she?" 

Luhan shifted in his seat uncomfortably, "You're not going to like who but..." 

"Just tell me, it's not like she's my mom or anything." 

"Yeonmi." 

"What?"

"Yeonmi. Minji, I tried everything to stop this from happening. I flirted with her to make her not like Jongin, but happened and now they're dating." 

Minji froze. Her best friend of 6 years. Her best friend, the one she came crying to when she had to break up with Jongin to move to America. Her best friend who swore to keep all girls away from Jongin so that when she came back, she would be able to claim her man again, "Yeonmi? Baek Yeonmi? Baekhyun's sister, Yeonmi?" 

 "Yeah, also known as Baek Yeonmi, your best friend." 

Is that why she stopped contacting me?  "Oh my lanta. I don't know what to say. I mean, good for them I guess." 

Luhan eyed his best friend, "You can't lie to me, Minji. I know you want to let it out."

She shook her head and averted her eyes, "What? I'm happy for them." 

"Minji." Luhan gave her a pointed look.

Minji sighed, she was never good under pressure, "Yeonmi stopped talking to me 3 years ago. I guess that's when things started to get cozy between them." 

"They... They've been dating since last year. It's their first year anniversary soon." Luhan glanced at Minji to check if she was still okay. Although her gaze faltered a bit, Luhan decided that Minji was strong enough to take everything in. 

"I see. I came back at the right time, right?" She chuckled. 

Luhan frowned, "Maybe I shouldn't have told you." 

Minji lightly punched his arm, "It's good that you told me. I would've found out sooner or later. I'm glad I found out from you. Good boy!" She lightly patted Luhan's head, who in turn smacked the hand away, "I'd older than you and you treat me like a kid." He pouted. 

"You act like a child," She giggled and got up, "We should go get some dinner. We've been in this cafe for 4 hours because you couldn't bring yourself to tell me that stupid news." 

"Shut up, it takes a lot of guts to break sad news to my child." 

"So I'm your child now?"

"Yus." 

"Oh lord."

 

"What's up with the fancy restaurant?" Minji's eye roamed around the high-class Italian restaurant that Luhan decided to eat dinner at. 

"I feel like I ruined your day so I'm trying to make it up by bring you here, okay? Now shut up and order. I'm paying." Luhan snapped. Minji smiled, This is why he's my best friend. 

"Dawww, Luhan, babe, I feel so loved." Minji reached over to squish Luhan'ss cheeks. 

Luhan grunted and let Minji do what she wanted to do, "Yeah, whatever." 

The waiter came shortly and took their order. Minji ordered her usual Shrimp Linguini Spaghetti and Luhan ordered a plain old Fettuchini Alfredo (because Minji ordered hers with extra extra shrimp and thats $7 more and they definitely were going to go eat somewhere else again after this. Luhan's too soft hearted to make Minji pay for anything.)

 

They were halfway into their second meal at the nearby Japanese restaurant when the door jingled open. She heard the familiar laugh that she's heard for most of her life and when that person passed by her, she smelled the scent that she spent most of her life smelling. It was Yeonmi. Minji pretended not to notice. She quickly dropped her chopsticks quietly and tugged at Luhan's sleeve, "Lu, we have to leave." 

Luhan looked up from eating, "What? We just got here." 

"No. We have to leave." Minji started to put on her coat and looked around nervously. Follwing Minji's gaze, Luhan turned around and saw the girl that Minji was boring holes into. Luhan's eyes automatically widened and grabbed his belongings. Quickly handing the lady $30 bill with a quick, "Keep the change." The duo left, trying to make the least noise possible. 

When they escaped the door, Minji turned around for a brief second and quickly turned around, "I made eye contact with her Lu." She pulled Luhan closer and linked her arms with his. 

Luhan took charge and walked faster for the both of them, "It's okay, Min. If she stopped contacting you for almost 3 years, she doesn't have the right to know that you came back." 

Minji nodded almost as if she was trying to convince herself to believe Luhan's word, "Okay," she whispered. 

 

When they got to Minji's house, Luhan's phone rang. He immediately turned it off after seeing the caller. However, much to his dislike, Minji's phone rang shortly. She looked at unknown number and picked it up, "Hello?" 

Luhan complained, "Minji, you're not supposed to pick up phone calls from strangers."

Minji flicked him off and went back to her phone, "Uh... Hello?"

"Minji? You're back in Korea?" 

Minji froze. She threw the phone to Luhan and mouthed, "Jongin."

Luhan sighed and picked the phone up, "It's Luhan." 

"What? Why do you have Minji's phone?" 

"We,uh, swapped phones for the time being." Luhan panicked. Minji furrowed her eyebrows and made a face, What?! What kind of lame excuse is that?!

However, Jongin didn't seem to think there was anything wrong, "Are... you with Minji right now?"

Luhan started to sweat profusely, never a good liar, "Um, no..." The "o" from "no" cracking a little. 

Jongin, unfortunately, did catch that, "Luhan, cut the crap. I just want to know if she's... you know, alive?" 

"She's alive." Luhan quickly responded.

"Luhan, can I speak with her?" 

Minji rolled her eyes and left the room, making it easier for Luhan to lie. Luhan sighed in relief, "Sorry, she just left. Maybe next time?" 

"Oh. Alright. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. It's just... I haven't seen her in forever, you know?" Jongin sighed. 

"Yeah, I feel. Okay, well I have to go now, talk to you late Jong." 

The two hung up and Minji came back to her living room, "He didn't suspect anything?"

"The idiot said he was going to try tomorrow."  

"Oh." 

Luhan leaned back on the couch and put his feet up, "Just don't pick up." 

Minji lied down and put her feet on Luhan's lap, "Easy said than done." 

"Don't worry, Min, I'm here for you." 

"Thanks, Lu." 

         

           The duo woke up by Minji's ringtone. It was the annoying kind. The one that blasts RING RING RING RING RING repetitively. Luhan first woke up and chucked the phone into the other couch. When the phone wouldn't stop ringing, Minji got up and without looking at the caller, she slide left, "Hello?" 

"So it is you! Minji, can we talk? Is it early for you? Should I call back another time?" Minji took no less then 3 seconds to realize who was calling. She kicked Luhan and when he didn't wake up, she pinched his side.

He shot up, "What was that for?!" 

Minji mouthed, Jongin. "O-oh hey." 

"Hey. Um, you're living in your old apartment right? I see Luhan's car. Is he there with you?"  asked Jongin.

"Yup, I'm, uh, still here. Luhan's here with me." Minji pulled the phone away from her face, "Luhan, HELP." She whispered. 

Luhan mouthed,  "Hang up! Hang up!" 

Jongin paused,"Oh. Well, listen, I'm right in front of your house. I was wondering if I could just drop by to just, talk?" 

"Hm?" Minji panicked. She turned to Luhan and whispered, "He's in front of the house!!1!!!1! What do I do!" 

Luhan threw himself back on the couch, " it. Let's just confront him and get it over with." 

Minji turned back to the phone, "Hey Jongin, just come upstairs." She hung up and screamed. Loudly. Very. Loudly. After taking a deep breathe she turned to Luhan, "It's literally 9:00 in the morning. My brain is not going to be able to take this. It's way too early to be talking to him. I look like absolute right now." 

Luhan pushed Minji to her room, "Here, you get ready. I'll distract him." 

"You're the best." Minji quickly threw a punch and rushed in before she got one back. 

"You literally are the worst re-payer ever," Luhan huffed and turned to get the door. 

 

    A/N: Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading my first ever fanfiction! Honestly, I never saw myself writing fanfiction but recently I've been having this urge to write. Please Please Please subcribe, comment, and upvote if you like this story and want more!!! There may be some grammar mistakes, don't worry I'll work on them shortly! Friend me!! I don't bite haha. All comments are appreciated(: Thank you!!

(Soo-ntofu)