Two.

Used and New

    Minji quickly changed her clothes to a pair of black leggings and a over sized HBA sweater (it was Luhan's but what's Luhan is what's Minji's.) Pulling her hair up into a ponytail, she tried putting on gray socks (It half worked.) Rushing to her vanity table, she pat on some BB cream, shaded in her eyebrows, and drew on some eyeliner. Spraying on her perfume, she opened the door to hear Jongin and Luhan laughing in union.  

She took a deep breathe, You can do this Jung Minji. If you survived junior year in America. You can get through talking to just one boy (although he and your ex-best friend backstabbed you). She headed towards the living and Jongin was the first one to notice, "Hey, Min." 

Min. "Hey Jongin." She took a seat next to Luhan.  

"Long time no see to you too," Jongin chuckled awkwardly, glancing at the empty sofa spot next to him. 

Minji laughed, almost forcibly, "Yeah."

The triplets talked for only 20 minutes, awkward atmosphere lingering here and there when Jongin stood up, "I have to go to work now, but i'll catch you around?" 

Minji and Luhan stood up as well. "Yeah, maybe." Minji nodded. Hopefully not. 

Jongin looked at Minji for a little too long and walked out the door, "See you, Min."  

The door shut close and Luhan and Minji sighed in relief. "Should I be glad nothing was thrown and no one got hurt?" Luhan asked while staring at the door. 

Minji glared at Luhan, "That comes later when Yeonmi is here." 

Luhan lied back down on the couch, "When do you think he's going to tell you?" 

"Hopefully soon. I just want to get this over with." Minji followed Luhan's actions and drapped her legs over Luhan body and pushed him off, "My couch." 

Luhan huffed and threw himself on the single sofa, "You won't make a scene in public. I know you too well to do that." 

Minji looked at Luhan with an emotionless expression, "We'll see." 

 

Ring Ring Ring.

"Hello? Mom?" Minji answered groggily. 

"Minji! Could you stop by my house today?" Minji's mom cheerily spoke from the other end. 

"Mom, not to offend you or anything, but it's 9:30. Why on earth would I stop by this early?" Minji rolled over on the bed to face the ceiling, slowly opening her eyes.

"I see you haven't grown out of that habit," Minji's mother tsked.

"I don't think I'll ever grow out of that habit," Minji giggled.

"That's how I know you're your dad's daughter," Minji's mom laughed, "Since you don't want to leave to meet up now, we'll meet up at 2:00 for lunch. Is it good?" 

"Yeah, sounds good. See you later mama."

 

At exactly 12 pm, Minji dragged herself out of bed and made herself a cup of iced coffee (More like cream with coffee in it but oh well.) Once the coffee was made, she padded her way into her bedroom again and made her way to her vanity. 

Mom's going to complain if I put on too much makeup. Minji rolled her eyes and chuckled, reminiscing the old days when her mother would scold her for wearing too much foundation or too much eyeliner. She patted on some light CC cream, shaded in her eyebrows, and winged out her liner. After brushing 2 coats of mascara, she quickly tinted her lips cherry pink. Grabbing her straightening iron, she quickly ran through her hair messily, trying to tame her ends. 

After she felt satisfied with her face, she made her way into the closet. Jeans or leggings... Leggings. Leggings for daaayys. After contemplating much about her shirt, she settles on a midnight blue sweater to match with her black doc martens. Pushing back the hairs and fringed her face, Minji decided that today was a bad hair day and put her bun into a messy donught top bun. 

Turning off all the lights in her apartment, she grabbed her black leather backpack and her phone and left. 

 

To say that position that Minji was "awkward" was an understatement. In fact, to say that it was uncomfortable was also an understatement. Minji's mom sitting in front of the girl, Baek Yeonmi sitting on Minji's right, it was safe to say that Minji would've rather be taking a Calculus test at the moment. 

Mrs. Jung smiled warmly, "Yeonmi, dear, how have you been?" 

Yeonmi shifted her eyes towards Minji and quickly looked away, "I've been well. Really busy lately," She chuckled awkwardly. Yeah, busy ing my boyfriend Jongin. Minji thought. 

"Since Minji's back and all, her father and I are going to have a welcome back party at our place! I called you out to invite you, Yeonmi. I'm sure you're in contact with all your high school friends, correct?" Mrs. Jung asked. 

A welcome back party? What are we in fifth grade?! Why couldn't it have been just a small dinner with just our family? What is this?!!?1? Minji inwardly panicked. 

  Yeonmi smiled, "As a matter of fact, I am in contact!" In contact with my boyfriend Jongin. Stop talking to yourself, Minji. 

"Okay, gre--" Mrs. Jung started to talk when Minji inturuppted her. 

"Mom, I really don't think that's necessary." 

Mrs. Jung looked at Minji, "Why not? I mean you're going to see your friends in almost 5 years wouldn't---"

"Mom. I don't want to." She said bluntly. Minji felt the seat next to her shift, indicating Yeonmi's uncomfortable stance. 

Mrs. Jung sighed, "Well, I guess we can have a small party with her Yeonmi and the boys." 

Minji rolled her eyes in defeat and reluctantly agreed. When the "meeting" ended, Mrs. Jung departed first. Minji and Yeonmi stayed back but when Minji saw her mom out of the vision range, she got up immediately. 

Yeonmi stood up simultaneously and grabbed Minji's hand, "Minji, wait." 

Minji awkwardly shook Yeonmi's hand off her wrist, "It was nice meeting you after 3 years of not seeing your face. Or talking. Glad to know that you're still alive. We should catch up soon. But not today because I have plans with Luhan." She managed to let out a smile and quickly took off before Yeonmi could say anything.

 

"My mom's throwing me and welcome back party." Minji said while sliding into the booth of their favorite Pasta house.

Luhan looked at Minji, jaws dropping, "No ing way. She didn't invite Jongin and Yeonmi, right?" 

Minji gave Luhan a look, "The meeting was with Yeonmi. And mom's obviously going to invite Jongin. I think I'm just going to pretend to be sick and make the party end early. What do you think?"

"But I feel bad... Your mom's probably going to put in a lot of effort."

"Which is why, I'm going plan the whole thing. I'm going to do the planning and she just has to relax. Just so that she's not going to be disappointed that I'm basically throwing away her party.."

"Pray for the best?"

"Yeah."

 

The following weeks afterwards were hetic. Minji ran from store to store, trying to find the right food and decorations for her party. Yes, the party might be ending early, but that doesn't mean her party has to be boring, right?

Party day was only 3 days away and decoration was done. All that was left was to buy a dress. Yes. A dress. It just so happens that Minji's mother was watching High Society, (She was a stay-home mom. What else would she be doing if she wasn't watching K-drama?) so now Minji has to go buy a dress. She liked wearing dresses but she didn't want to pay bucks for a party that was only going to last a couple of hours.  

She ended up settling for a black semi-tight dress that came to the middle of her thighs with new black heels. (Remember, classy and not trashy.) 

 

3 hours before the official party, Minji called up Luhan to make the plan official. "Remember, I'm going to clutch my stomach and say 'I think I ate something spoiled this morning. Maybe it was the cereal,' and you're going to be like...?"

Luhan recited, "Min, I thought I told you not to drink the milk in the fridge. It was spoiled!" 

Minji smiled, "Perfect. Okay then I shoo everyone away but I say, 'Sorry everyone, I think I'm going to have to leave early. You guys have fun, yeah?' and you leave with me. Does that sound good?" 

"Yes. But do I really have to leave with you? I mean there's going to be drink there." 

Minji glared, "Yes, you do have to leave with me. You're my best friend. We're going to order some Chinese food when we get back to my house. Yeah?" 

Luhan sighed, "Fine."

"Luhan, you're the best." 

 
A/N: Chapter TWO!! I hope you guys enjoy, pleaseplease remember to upvote, subcribe, and importantly comment! Give me feedback!! .