Bangtan Baby~ Ch. 2

Bangtan Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter Two~

My legs carried me to bed, where I tossed and turned for thirty minutes before deciding sleep wasn’t what my body prioritized. Instead, I made my way back out into the living area, where all I was met with was silence. My feet took me to the kitchen, toes quietly padding across the floor until I stopped before the fridge. They had surely all gone to sleep, seeing as it was well past three in the morning and they had only recently come home from tour. I giggled to myself. What an afternoon.

FLASHBACK

“YOU’RE WHAT?”

“Wow, what impeccable unison you guys have even OFF stage!” My fingers were shielding my ears after the outburst. Blimey. It all seemed to fall apart after that; Jin leapt up, mouth agape, Jungkook flailed so dramatically he smacked Tae in the mouth, Hoseok literally fainted after doing Munch’s Scream (as I correctly assumed he would)… Jimin seemed baffled, though disbelieving in it, while Yoongi and Namjoon simply stared wide-eyed. I had to laugh. I couldn’t resist it.

After a good minute of them staring at me cackling my lungs out, Taehyung performing emergency chest compressions and declaring the horse dead at the time of 15:46, I wiped away my tears and turned back to them, they who were chuckling as though they’d been victim to a prank. Hobi then sprang back to life, like a hyperactive reincarnated stallion, and leapt to my side. “Hah, good one, Rei. Almost had us there.” He said, clapping my shoulder. I grinned.

“Oh, I’m serious.” The room fell silent again, and this time, Hoseok was gone for good, his corpse hitting the ground with a thud as an uproar once again overtook the peace of the living room. After a solid ten minutes, they were quieted down.

I explained the situation to them. “I make enough off the comics to be able to have a place of my own. So if you’ll let me stay for the week, that’d be more than enough time for me to be packed and out of here.” My smile was set, and I clasped my hands together, finalizing my speech. Namjoon released a heavy sigh, but a look of confusion then passed over his face.

“Wait, enough time to be packed up and out of here? You’re leaving?” The other boys caught on and leaned forward in their spots, concern flitting over their features. I nodded. “You guys wouldn’t want a hormonal baby-bearing girl around here eating all your food.”

“You already eat most of our food...” Jin huffed before standing up and approaching me. He had a gentle look in his princess-like eyes, his soft gaze making my smile falter briefly. “We don’t want you to go, Reina.” I frowned at this. Do they really know what they’re getting into?

“I have to, or else you will regret me living here further down the line. Think about it! I’ll be a rage-monster, EatJin will become EatRei... I’ll be a mess!” Yoongi stood up, hands finding his pockets.

“We can deal with it.” Then, they all pitched in, their honest words of reassurance. I could only sigh. At least I currently have the support of all of them. Can’t say I have the confidence they will feel the same way further down the line.

~~~

I reached for a plate of variously sliced cheeses covered in aluminum foil, then for the cabinet where I kept the club crackers. Oh, don’t worry; it is far too soon for the pregnancy to be affecting my eating habits. This is merely a common occurrence, me eating at ungodly times

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter