Bangtan Baby~ Ch. 7

Bangtan Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter Seven~

This might be a shot in the dark but, I bet you’re wondering what happened after I discovered my father was a hardcore ARMY, correct? You’ll love this one; after I bid farewell for the evening, I went back to the hotel and, unbeknownst to my father, invited the boys over to his place to meet him the following day.

“But is he alright?” More than you’d imagine, Jungkook.

“Yeah, he’s fine. Don’t worry. He would love to meet you all.” That was plainly under exaggerated.

I was internally cackling like a mad scientist who’d successfully underwent plans to take over the world. It was a big deal for me. Plus, I wanted my dad to be happy. He was reaching that integrity vs despair point of life, and I figured, why not? Besides, the boys were used to crazy fan girls, but I was sure even they would get a kick out of a crazy fan old man.

I wasn’t quite ready to go to my room yet, hunger consuming me in the late evening. Jin allowed me to snack on his delicious shrimp crackers, so I was set with hanging with the guys for a while. I crossed my feet, leaning back into the chair in the corner of the room, watching them debate playing Truth or Dare or Hide and Seek.

“I have a solution, guys!” Taehyung jumped between them, his signature box smile complimenting the twinkle in his eyes. Everyone quieted down and looked at him, some already displaying faces of disbelief. “How about we play spin the bottle!” A chorus of groans and protests filled the air, and I clapped a hand over my mouth to prevent any crackers from flying out.

“Fans already think we’re gay enough, Tae.” Jungkook stated with a pout, shaking his head in significant objection towards the idea. Taehyung looked between them, evident dismay clouding over his features. “I don’t know what you mean… it’s just spinning a bottle…”

The room grew silent, aside from my fit of unending laughter. There were tears in my eyes, teetering on the edge of falling, and the guys suddenly picked up their previous bickering again, pushing V’s comment to the side as if they expected it all along.

After an intense round of kai—bai—bo, Jimin being the ultimate victor, the group sat on the carpet and created a deformed oval. “Rei, come join us.” Jin called out. I frowned and shook my head.

“I’d rather just watch, guys.”

“No way, you have to play,”

“Yeah come on!”

“Wuss.”

I stood up and chucked the empty cracker bag at Namjoon, who stuck his tongue out and laughed because, dammit, now I had to play.

“Well if I’m playing, we’re playing my way. To make this interesting.” I crossed the two-bed hotel room and made for a guest notepad that was left on the nightstand. With impeccable speed, I tore slivers of paper from the pad and collected them in a palm, grabbing a few pens from the drawer and then heading back to the horrible oval, sitting in between Yoongi and Tae. “We all write two truths, two dares. Got it? And keep it anonymous.”

Before they could share their concerns, I passed out the blank slips, a mischievous smile consuming my features. Oh this’ll be good.

It took a few minutes and a few fierce battles over who used the next pen, but when we were ready, I was already anticipating who would choose my dares. “Oh, and you guys HAVE to do the dares. Unless it is illegal. Or will cause permanent trauma.” I added.

The torn papers went into the empty shrimp cracker bag, and to make it easy, I volunteered to go first, my hopes for drawing a truth disintegrating when I snatched a poorly written ‘Smell the feet of the person next to you’.

“Oh jesus. Whoever wrote this will be haunted by my ghost.” I read the dare aloud, a series of “ohhs” and pity laughter coming from the guys. Hoseok had a suspicious half-smile on his face, hidden behind a hand, but I only chuckled and let it go. The person next to me… So either Yoongi or Tae.

Easy decision.

“Yoongi, feet out.”

“Wait, why not mine?”

“Tae, when did you last shower?”

“Oh. Nevermind.”

Suga had an embarrassed smile on his face, one that contradicted his traditional stony features. He grumbled a little bit, under his breath, and shifted so his sock-bearing feet were kicked out in front of him. The dare suddenly dawned on me, and I released an exasperated groan. “Ugh, forgive me for this.”

I bent forward, and gently pressed my nose against his curled toes. Everyone either laughed out loud or squealed in sympathy. I scrunched my face up, giving an audible inhale. Wow… it actually was…

I pulled back to gauge his reaction, and he met my eye as if he was gauging mine. “Not bad.” I found myself saying, and then we were all laughing.

About twenty minutes in, Yoongi told us about his first crush ever, Jin put a whole fist into his mouth, Tae happily wore his clothing inside out, Hobi did a y girl group dance, Jungkook stuck a handful of cottonballs into his mouth, and Namjoon confessed his most embarrassing moment—accidentally grabbing his teacher’s when he was fourteen.

Jimin reached into the crumby cracker bag and pulled out a slip, reading it silently before falling onto his back with a heavy groan of disbelief. We all watched on in anticipation, my fingers clenching around the hem of my T-shirt, excitement bubbling within me. The dancer ran a hand over his forehead, then brought the slip up for Jungkook to view.

“Knock on the door across the hal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter