Bangtan Baby~ Ch. 1

Bangtan Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter One~

"Now if you could please sign here to fortify your final consent for the procedure," The wrinkled old woman in white indicated with a pen before sliding the packet across the desk. I smiled, scribbling my first initial and full last name as neatly as I could muster before capping the pen and meeting the woman's eyes eagerly. I was excited. I was doing something good. The doctor gathered the papers and bound them, filing them into a cabinet where I knew was a place of no return. She then looked my way.

"Okay Miss Mei, we'll look forward to having you back on the 16th. Thank you so much for doing this. You're helping wonderful people in ways not many are willing to do." My grin widened, and I nodded, grabbing my bag and excusing myself from the office. Now you may be wondering, hey, Reina Mei, given your state of current housing and lifestyle, where in your right mind did you ever believe you could successfully undergo artificial insemination and mother a developing child for eight months? Actually, I would’ve thrown myself off the nearest bridge if the idea was pitched to me any sooner.

Long story short, a good friend of mine, who was originally my first neighbor after moving to Seoul, discovered she was infertile. She had recently married, and was devastated beyond belief, breaking the news to me on my own couch when the boys were gone. I consoled her best I could, patting her back as any good ol’ pal did to their sobbing lady friend as she cried into her favorite brand of milk tea. “If only I could find... someone to carry my baby...” She said between hics. At first I only nodded knowingly, muttering a ‘I understand’, even though I clearly did not.

She continued with, “If only someone I know, some woman I know, who is single and healthy, and probably a brunette-- because I like brunettes... If only there is someone like that...” Through her sniffles, I caught her drift. Ahhhh. Quickly, I debated the option in my head, possibly more quickly than anything else productive I’ve done in my life. My palm ceased on her back when I came to a decision. I sighed. That’s when I gave in. I don’t know how I was able to make such a bold and life-demanding choice in those few moments. But after seeing how salty the taro milk tea was becoming, I knew my offering would stop those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter