Believe

In Heaven

 

‘L… L-ah… Wake up. L…L-ah. L-ah. Wake up.’

Someone was calling out his name. The voice that called for him was so subtle, the voice that called for him was familiar, and the voice that he missed to hear for so long. He felt that someone was jumping up and down of his bed. It could be Sungjong; he always did that after being so tired of calling his names to wake him up. Or leader Gyu, he was capable of doing just anything that you will never imagine someone like him could be doing.

‘Yah, Sungjong-ah, stop it! You’re annoying me. Stop it before I’ll get up to get you.’ L said in a hoarse but still threatening voice.

The jumping boy stopped jumping abruptly. He then bent down and laid on his side facing L. he stared at L’s sleeping face. L looked so baby-ish when he was asleep. Something that he liked about L is his sleeping face. Also, not to be forgotten, his sharp stares with those pair of mysterious and unfathomable eyes. He leaned in closer to get a better look at L. Now, their faces just inches away. He looked at the closed eyes of L, staring at his lashes. His gaze came down to L’s nose, and finally stopped on the pinkish lips of L. It looked so soft like a cotton candy. He wondered if it does taste the same too.

L felt the hot breath on his face. He could imagine that there is someone staring at him while he was asleep. But up until now, there is only one person that loved to do that to him. The only one that he let off the hook of the charge of staring at the face of the group is him and only him. Could it be? How could it be? The voice that he heard earlier had silenced. And now the breath he felt against his face was too vivid. Could it be him? Or could it be just a dream? Slowly, he opened his eyes, reluctant to leave his sweetest dream, and afraid of not being able to dream it again.

His vision is blurry as he tried to adjust to the bright surrounding of the room. Someone had the lights. And the only one who knows that he hated it the most is him. Could it be him? His gaze was fixed on the face that was so close to him. Was this another dream? Then, he would not ever wake up. He will happily live in his dreams if this was one of it. The person in front of him was asleep soundlessly. His gaze fell on the closed lids then moved on his brows. He traced his eyes down the nose to the chubby cheeks that he loved to pinch until finally his eyes came to a halt at the pink luscious lips of his. Without any hesitation, he leaned in closer and adjusted his position until finally he felt something soft against his lips. He gave it a little push, and to his surprise he felt the other lips were starting to push hard on his. Their lips were locked for almost two minutes before finally the other lips started to pull away.

‘You did taste like cotton candy, like I imagined.’ The boy said shamelessly.

‘And you did taste like a lollipop. But even sweeter than lollipops perhaps.’ L replied in a joking tone. He stared at the face he always missed that was now in front him. And the kiss proved that this is for real and no dreams since the taste of the kiss was still tingling in his mouth. He reached out for his iPhone on the side table and looked at the calendar. It’s 30th September. 2011. Wait! Is this for real? He rubbed his eyes a few times and finally believed that it’s 30th September 2011 when his eyes started to water.

‘What are you doing?’

‘Checking out the date I suppose. Well, what are we going to do today?’ L asked while putting back his iPhone to its place and lay on his side face-to-face with the boy.

‘Are you kidding me? Aren’t we supposed to clean the house?’            

‘Really? It isn’t my turn yet, either yours.’ L replied with a questioning look.

‘The boys went for a schedule, and that left only two of us, and they said that we’ll be dead if the house is still a mess after they come back.’

‘When they’re coming home?’ L asked while tracing his fingers on the left arm of the boy.

‘They’ll be home tomorrow.’ The boy turned from L and laid on his back staring at the ceiling.

‘Why I didn’t know that they have such schedules? How dare they leave behind the face of the group?’ L said in such arrogant tone that he jokingly made to draw the boy’s attention to him.

‘Why? You wouldn’t want to spend time with me?’ The boy’s tone suddenly changed, obviously offended.

‘No, it’s not that but cleaning up the house isn’t an easy task with just the two of us.’ L was making excuses.

‘We’ll manage it through.’ The boy said while getting up and heading for the door.

‘Wait for me though, you, sulking boy!’ L shouted and ran after him.