Last Gift

In Heaven

 

Once they were back in their apartment, an idea suddenly struck L. He quickly sneaked into the store room and took something out along with him. He placed that on the balcony and started to set it up. Then, he went to the store room again now coming out with another thing and he put it near the balcony too. He looked for the boy in the kitchen but there was no sign of him there. He went to check other places and finally ended up sitting on the couch at the balcony with his favorite guitar in his lap.

L then started to play a tune that was so familiar. The tune that he always hummed secretly for the boy that he loved the most. But of course, he did not notice it since he was busy fooling around instead of sitting still and listen to what L wanted to tell him. On the other hand, the boy just had come back from the accessory store nearby when he heard someone was playing the guitar. A very familiar tune to his ear. He then went to find where it came from when he finally stopped at the balcony in front of L. L looked up and he somehow noticed that his glum face brightened up when L saw him.

‘Hyung, have a seat. I have something for you.’ L said while patting the empty seat beside him on the couch. Once the boy had sat beside him, L started to play the tune again, but now with the lyrics coming along.

 

‘오늘도넌내게물어사랑하냐고
난그저웃음만왜또그말이냐고
오늘도또너는울어너무한다고
늘같은질문에늘같은대답뿐야
그말이그리어렵냐고?
남들다하는게힘드냐고?
꼭말로해야아니매일같이난널사랑해

Hey, 가만봐봐너만보잖아
나안그런척해도신경쓰고있어
Hey, 한결같이변함없잖아
말뿐인허울에목매다는넌바보야
나나나나나나나나나나나나나나나
나나나나나나나나나나나나나나나’

 

 L sang with his whole heart, hoping that the boy would get his message.

 

‘Today, you asked me if I love you
I just laughed and said this again?
Today again you cry and say you're too cruel
Always the same question and the same answer

Is that so hard to say?
What everyone else does. Is it so hard?
Do I have to say it? I love you same as always.

Hey, look, I only look at you
I act like I don't care but I do
Hey, like a wave, nothing has changed
Those are only words, showing the love is better you fool

nanana nananana nananana nananana
nanana nananana nananana nananana’

 

The lyrics played in the boy’s mind and suddenly he felt that his eyes getting teary. This was his answer? That was what he was going to answer for his questions earlier that evening? Then, I’m a true fool. I did not know that you were that kind of type. Now it was getting harder for him to leave L alone. Even he himself would not want to let go. He wanted to be by L’s side forever. No matter what happens, but it was all so impossible.

‘I’m sorry, L.’ The boy muttered under his breath.

‘That was especially for you. And that was my answer for your questions last evening.’ L said as soon as he finished singing the song.

‘That was so thoughtful of you. Thanks, L.’ The boy said and looked deep into L’s unfathomable eyes that were now shining as bright as the East star. As the boy was saying that, L put aside his guitar making it lean against the railing of the balcony.

‘And here, I’ve got something for you as well.’ The boy said as he was taking out the small box from the pink plastic bag and laid it between both of them. He opened it slowly until finally a pair of couple ring was seen.

‘Jjan jjan. This is especially for us! Look at the inside, there’s Eternal<3MyungYeol.’ The boy said and showed the ring to L.

‘Wow! It’s so beautiful.’ L said and slipped one of it to his ring finger. The boy also slipped his on too and they were holding out their hands together and watched as the pair of ring shine under the moonlight. Everything was perfect tonight. Added with one event more and everything will become complete. L pulled back his hands and looked at the boy. The boy was startled seeing that L pulled away his hands suddenly.

‘Didn’t you like….’

L was already leaned in for a kiss before the boy managed to finish his words. L’s hands moved to the boy’s neck, pulling him closer to L. The kiss lasted for more than 3 minutes when finally L said:

‘I love you, so much. And nothing will ever change that. And just for you, I promise that I will always be happy.’

The boy was very touched by L’s confession that he himself almost cried before he stuttered a confession of his too. L then lifted the boy and took him to the room that they used to share. They kissed again before the boy fell asleep in L’s arm and L was hugging him tightly.

‘L-ah, just want to tell you that one plus ten is eleven.’ L heard the boy whispered in his ears before both of them drifted apart in their dreams. And the dream that L had that night was the best dream he ever had in his whole life.