Paradise

In Heaven

 

L made his way to the bathroom to wash while the boy was busy in the kitchen. L smiled when he threw a glance in the direction of the kitchen, what he thought he was doing? He was no good at almost anything. Except for this one thing. Stealing L’s attention and heart and love. He was so good at that until L himself was caught and tangled between the love lines the boy drew. L felt a lot fresher after washing but still he can taste the sweet kiss he had before.

‘Yah. What are you doing? You are so busy clinking and clanking; that I felt like the kitchen is going to collapse soon.’ L said as he entered the kitchen.

‘I’m preparing something for you. I heard that you went to bed with an empty stomach last night.’ The boy still fixed his gaze on the pan in front of him.

‘It wasn’t that bad actually. We have to undergo diet anyway.’ L replied as he was taking his seat on the stool at the kitchen counter.

‘It wasn’t that bad until you are sick again. And have to receive half a dozen of IV drips due to fatigue?’ The boy replied in an annoyed tone.

‘Why are you that concerned anyway? It wasn’t like I’m anything important to you.’ L replied while cupping his tiny face between his hands.

‘Of course you are important to me…’ The boy did not finish his words.

‘More than anything else?’ L asked in a playful tone.

‘Stop playing around, you goof.’ The boy cut in a so-angry-but-shy tone.

L fixated his gaze on the boy. Watching his hands diligently chop the tomatoes and cucumbers. He was going to savor and enjoy every passing second with the boy as if there were going to be no more tomorrow. The boy was putting the tomatoes and cucumbers as the dressings and he put the omelet right in the middle of the plate.

‘Yay! I’ve finished. There you go.’ The boy exclaimed and put the plate in front of L along with the cutleries.

‘If I have to go to the emergency room today, the omelet is going to be held accountable. Get it?’ L replied with an unsure gaze on the food. It looks good though he thought to himself. He took a bite and feeling the deep flavor of the ingredients also the love of the person who made it.

‘It’s good, for a beginner like you.’ L said and watched how the face of the boy lit up by his comment.

‘It is, right? Haha, I’m going to cook more from now on.’ The boy said in such elementary-like voice. It was what L liked the most about the boy. He always made L’s day just by doing such gestures.

‘Finish it up fast and we’re going to clean the house so we could take a walk after that.’

‘Okay ma’am.’ L replied in an obeying tone and finished his plate within 3 minutes.

The boy shook his head watching L gulping down the omelet he made. He is such a cutie pie. He ate the omelet as if it was the most delicious meal on Earth. He then made his way to the living room that was piled with gifts, food wrappers and some other stuff that was given to them by the fans.

‘Where to start?’ L asked while wiping his wet hands on his jeans.

‘I guess I’ll clean the living room and you clear the rooms? Can’t you? I already did the kitchen, so no need to clean it again though. And let me clean my room myself.’

‘You said that I should clean all the rooms. What’s with you cleaning your own room?’ L said questioningly and with overflowing curiosity.

‘I don’t like people touching my stuff.’ The boy tried to defend himself.

‘People? I mean just that much to you?’ L questioned.

‘No, it’s not like what you think. It’s just…… Okay, clean all the rooms then. Better make them spotless especially mine, or else I’ll kill you before the other guys came back.’

‘You sounded like my grandma.’ L said holding back his laugh since his act totally fooled the innocent boy.

‘What?’

‘No, nothing, I just think that we better start now. Or we won’t finish it until forever.’ L said and made his way into the room where Sunggyu shared with Woohyun. He stacked all the papers together. He collected all the bears that were given by the fans into a corner where he arranged them nicely according to their sizes. The bear at the farthest corner was a Pororo bear that was dedicated specially for their eye-smile leader. How L wished that he had that bear and he would surely gave it as a surprise present for the boy. He would love it. Because the first time Leader Gyu got the bear, he was yearning for one too. L could tell by the look that he had in his eyes. Even their maknae Sungjong did not give any reaction.

L finished up as soon as possible in Sunggyu’s room to move on to the next room, the boy’s room. An evil smile casted on his face as he tip-toed to the room. As soon he got into the room, he locked the door and start to tidy up the room. He picked up the dirty clothes, vacuumed the dusty floor, and arranged the gifts and message books. He even tidied up the contents of the drawers of the dressing tables. While his hands were busy stacking all the letters and pieces of important papers into the drawers, his eyes caught a glimpse of a photo. His eyes widened looking at the picture. How can he do this?

The boy was being kissed on the cheek by a brown-haired girl. He noticed that the girl had the same phone key chain as the boy had. L wondered alone, who was this girl? Why was she kissing the boy he loved? Were they having an affair? Was the boy secretly having an affair with a girl behind his back? Did the boy cheated on him? All those nerve-wrecking questions L thus disturbing his focus on cleaning the room.

‘Aren’t you finished yet? I’m done already. Finish up fast; I prepared some lemonade for you’

‘Yeah, I’m nearly done.’ L replied in such a sweet tone that he himself was surprised by.

He finished up cleaning the room and tightened his grip over the photo, almost crumpling it. Slowly L unlocked the door under his breath, keeping his calm. He went to the living room finding the boy was lying on the warm floor and stared right up at the ceiling. Without much thinking, L stood above his head making him to flip on his stomach suddenly.

‘You startled me.’ Said the boy, who now was sitting while caressing his chest.

‘What is this?’ L threw the photo right onto the boy’s face.

‘What?’ He picked that photo and was surprised himself.

‘Who was that? What are you doing with her?’ L asked ragingly.

‘Aigoo, you fool.  This is my cousin. We haven’t met for 3 years. By the way, where you found this?’ The boy asked.

‘What?’ L’s face already flushed red. All the blood he had in his body seemed to flow to his face only. He did not even answer the boy’s question of where he found the photo.

‘What’s with your face? It’s red.’ The boy said with a giggle.

‘What? When was it red? You’re imagining things these days you know.’ L replied defending himself who was obviously caught off-guard.

‘You’re the one who was imagining things. The pot is calling the kettle black~’

‘Aigoo, you little rascal…… Wait until I got my hands on you.’ L said and chased the boy who was as fast as a lightning stormed out of the living room.