chapter 8

Love Yourself

All of the commotion had died down thanks to security for throwing them out. They finally settled down at a nearby café, waiting for Hakyeon’s performance to finish and deciding that it was time to resolve the mystery conflict. Taekwoon knew his boyfriend long enough to know that Hakyeon was an only child and his parent had died long ago, His father was murdered and his mother died shortly after, too depressed to keep going from having losing her only child.

The guy that was now sitting across from Taekwoon and Hongbin introduced himself as Han Sanghyuk before continuing his story. “So you guys are friends of N hyung?”

“Yes, but that’s its own story… Who are you actually?” Hongbin asked the guy in front of them.

“Well, as I said before, my name is Han Sanghyuk, but you can cal – “

“Let’s just skip the intro… How do you know Hakyeon? And why did he call you his brother?” Taekwoon said, rudely interrupting the boy. He was impatient, especially when he knew that this guy was the obstacle between him and his Hakyeon. That’s right, HIS HAKYEON. And this… boy... just had to sit in the way.
“Okay then, I’ll just make this short. As you know, I’m not N hyung’s biological brother. I’m actually a nobody except for the fact that I’m the person who took him to the hospital on the day he got into an accident. So I’m basically his savior.” Sanghyuk took a moment to observe the two in front of him before continuing.

“I wasn’t the one who hit him but I somehow feel responsible. That’s why I volunteered to take him to the hospital. His phone broke and his records stated that his parent had died many years ago, and him having amnesia didn’t help me with finding more information at all. So I took it upon myself to take care of him as my hyung.”

“But…why would you feel responsible? You don’t even know him,” Hongbin curiously asked.

“Well… it’s because… Well, N hyung has almost identical features as both my late brother and boyfriend.” By now Sanghyuk eyes were glassy, but he held himself together as to not make a scene.

“My brother’s name was Han Inguk, and my boyfriend’s name was Yook Sungjae. Both look similar to N hyung and both died in the same way.” At this, Sanghyuk took out his phone and showed a picture of his brother and his boyfriend. Taekwoon and Hongbin were shocked to see how much resemblance the two of them had with their Hakyeon. “Ten years ago my brother got hit by a drunk driver when he was driving home from work. He died instantly. My boyfriend died two years ago because he was hit by a car while trying to save a five year old boy. He died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.” At this Sanghyuk already had tears trailing down his cheeks. Hongbin took a tissue and handed it to him, knowing that he should stop this but still very curious on what happened next. Sanghyuk thanked him and wiped his tears before continuing.

“So that’s why I took the liberty of saving N hyung and taking him in as my brother. I feel as though it’s a sign for me to redo my past mistakes toward my late brother and boyfriend. I mean, I couldn’t save them so that’s why I don’t want it this weird situation to repeat. I loved both of them very much and I gonna make sure that the same thing won’t happen again for the third time. I love all of them with all of my heart.” Sanghyuk finished.

None of them said anything for a while until Taekwoon decided to speak up. “I…know how it feels…to have someone who’s dear to you and to suddenly lose them…I know how that feels, and for you to have felt it twice is even worse… But Hakyeon belong to us; Even if he doesn’t have a family he still has friends that worry about him.”

Sanghyuk felt a little guilty for taking Hakyeon away from them, but he just couldn’t help it. He wanted to do what he couldn’t do with his late brother and boyfriend.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be so irrational about this.” He looked down, thinking that they probably would want to take his brother away. If that were the case, he’d just has to accept the fact that N wasn’t his to begin with.

“Well, I’ll just say one thing.”

Here it comes.

“Take care of Hakyeon for us,” Taekwoon said calmly.
Both Sanghyuk and Hongbin looked at him with wide eyes… Being in shock was just an understatement. They knew Hakyeon was a very important person to Taekwoon, so why?

“You… You’re not taking him back?” asked Sanghyuk after composing himself.
“Of course i will, Hakyeon is still mine… but… that doesn’t mean he can’t be your big brother… I mean, maybe you’re right. Maybe the universe wanted you to make things right by giving you a chance to take care of Hakyeon. And seeing how healthy he is means that you’ve done a really good job.” Taekwoon smiled at Sanghyuk who by now had tears flowing down his chubby cheeks.

Sanghyuk was speechless and super grateful, as he muttered a thousand thank yous at Taekwoon while wiping his tears with a tissue. Hongbin was no different. He was really proud of his brother; He couldn’t believe that this was the same Taekwoon he had known for years.

“You’re just lucky that you’re not taking him as your boyfriend or else there would be one hell of a fight.”

The three of them giggled and figured that Hakyeon was really lucky to meet such caring people.

 

 

 

Thank you so much say_im_good for fixing me grammar ^^…

And just want to tell you that i will be gone on a mini hiatus since i will be very busy for this semester..so sorry for this do leave a comment^^