chapter 6

Love Yourself

After N had finished his performance Taekwoon waited at the back door until it was opened revealing the person he had missed so desperately. He wasted no time to pull the said person into a bone crushing hug, intent on never letting go. Meanwhile the other person stood there, frozen and unable to register what was happening. 

After a couple of minutes, N finally came to his senses and pushed Taekwoon away from him.
“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!” N yelled and looked at the person who seemed very sad with his action.
“Yeon… I miss you so much baby…! You can't imagine what a wrack I have been without you! I know what I did was wrong and I don’t deserve you but please, I am begging you to forgive me. I swear that my heart wants no one but you! Please Hakyeon, please come back to me,” Taekwoon begged desperately for his loved one.

He wanted to say more, but N held his hand up, a clear sign for him to stop blabbering. “Okay let me stop you right there.
I don’t know you, and my name is not, what did you say just now? Yeon? Hamyeon? Whatever! I am not him, as much as it's saddens me to say that my name only consist of one letter, but that's the reality. My name is N and not whatever you just said. I’m sorry to say that you got the wrong person, but I have to go now,” conclude N and was about to walk away when Leo held his wrist in a tight grip.

“No… It can’t be! It has to be you! I know my Yeonie! And it’s HAKYEON not HAMYEON,” Taekwoon said with raised voice, while tightening his grip around the silver haireds wrist. Even if N was wincing from pain, he wouldn’t let go. Not until he knew that N was his' again.
“Listen I understand that a person like you came to this club to drown your sorrow in alcohol. Don’t worry I have seen tons of people like that, but listen closely, because I'll say it one last time: I... AM... NOT…HIM… arreso? 
Now would you please be kind enough to let me go before I call the cops?” N sassed, a mask of indifference plastered to his face. He was trying really hard to keep his pained expression under lock, because hell this man’s grip was no joke. If he wasn't going to let go any time soon, Hakyeon was sure that his wrist was going to break.

“Then why were you staring at me during your performance?!” Taekwoon shouted, his patience wearing thin because of N's attitude. Even if he hated him, he could at least say that he had remembered him.
“You know me! You have to remember me or else you wouldn't have acknowledged my presence in the first place! Come on tell me!”
N stayed quiet for some moments, his face pulled into a perfect serious expression, before speaking again in a soft tone.

“I swear that I don’t know you…maybe I used to once. I've acknowledged your presence, because my head told me that we knew each other… 
But for some reasons… my heart told me to stay away from you… 
No, that's not quite right. It told me that I hated you.”
Taekwoon was beyond shock. His eyes wide and his grip loosened. Not wasting the opportunity N snatch his hand away. “Good bye,” he whispered for reasons of modesty and walked away from him as quickly as he could. 

Taekwoon on the other hand stood there frozen to the spot and unable to register anything. N's words had left him breathless and after what felt like hours, his brain caught up with the situation. He realised that he was alone and he didn't register anything as he dragged his body back to his apartment. He didn't realise when he arrived there. He hadn't realised when he had unlocked his door. He hadn't realised it when he went into the shower and he definitely hadn't realised it when he finally lay in his bed. The only thing that he did register were the words N had said to him They were replaying in his head over and over and over again, like a broken video recorder. 

//my heart told me to stay away from you… 
It told me that I hated you.//

That was when he finally understood everything and broke down crying as hard as he could. Even when he fell asleep his tears hadn't stopped coming. He just couldn’t stop it. He didn't even care if his eyes would be puffy the next morning, because he deserved it. In fact he knew he deserved more but he just couldn’t help himself. He just couldn’t. 

Now he finally understood the real meaning of pain and heartache and the terrible feeling Hakyeon must've lived through. 
Maybe it was better that way. Maybe it was better that Hakyeon couldn't seem to remember him. He was a naturally friendly person, lightening up every room with nothing more than his presence. Hakyeon wasn't a person that should feel this broken. Taekwoon didn't want it. He was the only one that should be suffering and that he was.

Surely it was better that way.

But unfortunately he is a very selfish man and he will do anything to take back what was his again.

 

 

 

i am so sorry for the long wait, i haven't got any idea on how i would continue this story and i hope this will be good enough for my lack of update.

Thank you soo much again MegaLia for helping me with this chapter ^~^ ♥♡♥♡