Now You're Mine

A Love Like Ours

The darkness of the sky was oppressive in its depth. It had been several hours since the Sun had set; yet, there was only the bright illumination of the full moon to cast shadows on the earth below. Strong winds pushed and pulled at the earth, an uneasiness creeping into the air as the tall trees of the forests creaked and animals scurried restlessly.

 

Wooden ships rocked in the large waves that crashed upon them, shaking the humans to their bones as they peered through the blackness around them, seeking familiar constellations only to be met with the brilliance of the Moon and her lone star.

 

Eunsook looked down on her beloved earth with worry. A warm breath tickled her shoulder and she turned slowly, face rising to look at her Night.

 

“Minho,” she gasped, emotions stealing the intended serenity of her voice. The wolf’s large, bright eyes stared back her, his dark muzzle nudging her chin and burrowing into her shoulder.

 

Quietly, Eunsook resisted his magnetic pull, urging herself to stay aware of the uneasy earth below them. She knew that it was wrong, what he was doing, but Minho’s steadfast love broke pushed against her defenses until the glass wall surrounding her cracked and she allowed him to cover her in light.

 

The stars may not have been visible in the night sky but they were blinding for Eunsook as Minho spun them around her, cloaking her in their brilliance. One little bunny broke free of his spell, jumping onto Eunsook’s lap, it's tiny body shaking with unreleased energy, as the remaining stars formed a web around her. Minho watched silently, not needing to say anything when each thought, each emotion was palpable through the dazzling pattern surrounding his Moon.

 

Her heart clenched, drawing the bunny closer to her chest as a tear slipped down her face and she moved forward infinitesimally, kissing warm lips and shivering into the comfort of Minho’s familiar embrace.

 

“If this is what you want,” she whispered, the quiet fear that had crept through her now chased out with determination and hope.

 

“I will always want you,” Minho exhaled against her lips, the dazzling star on his forehead captivating Eunsook as it began to shine brighter and brighter. Her eyes closed when it became too much, when she began to feel her body break, her soul splintering into a million pieces as her beloved wolf tore her from her body.

 

“I love you,” she shouted into the void, afraid that her heartfelt words would not reach him. But the spell he had cast strengthened and held her together, the tangled web of the stars keeping her in place as she fell, fell, fell toward the earth that she loved so much.

 

She cried out in joy as she felt Minho’s dark presence surround her, cushioning her from the impact as they plummeted, crashing into the hard earth and bursting into dust.

 

Into nothingness.