I Missed You

A Love Like Ours

Eunsook stared up at the sky, peacefully observing the wind as it swirled through the trees and cast shadows on the ground. Her long white hair was spread around her while she lay peacefully on the soft grass, strands moving softly in the cool breeze. Soft fur caressed her side, small noses tickling her as little bunnies swarmed around her, fighting to get closer. Eunsook cooed at the little balls of fluff, reaching out a gentle hand to pet them quietly. The sun continued to shine down on them between the leaves, lulling the little bunnies into a peaceful sleep.

Smiling down at one of the bunnies that was burrowing into her long hair, she delicately extricated another that was laying on top of her long ear, cuddling it to her chest to appease its small disgruntled snort at having been moved. Eunsook allowed her eyes to droop sleepily, relishing the warmth of the sun on her bare skin as the leaves rustled in the breeze above them.

It wasn’t very long until her ears twitched at a familiar noise. She smiled shyly to herself as her head slowly turned to take in the greenery around her. Although she couldn’t see him, she could feel his presence, dark and deep like the night, calling to her; the thought causing goosebumps to spread over her skin in anticipation of his nearness. The little bunnies stirred around her, aware of the newcomer but not caring enough to move from their spots.

“You can come out, you know.” Eunsook spoke quietly so as not to disturb her little fluffle, knowing that he would be able to hear her. At her words, a large wolf, fur dark as night, pushed through a small opening in the thick brush, leaves and twigs trapped in his fur causing her to giggle. The giant animal cocked its head at the noise before growling softly in disapproval. Eunsook bit her lip, not wanting to further but finding the sight before her hard to resist.

The beast stalked forward, his large canines glinting in the sun as he snarled pointlessly at the small bunnies surrounding Eunsook. He made to move them out of his way - away from her  - with his muzzle only to be stopped by a small hand on his head. “Shh,” she said, his large ear tenderly before sitting up carefully. Eunsook delicately extricated herself from the little group, many of the bunnies moving their little noses in disapproval at the interruption while others slumbered on as if nothing had happened. Once she was free of the fluffle, a large black tail wrapped around her waist while a long tongue her face in greeting.

“Hello to you, too,” she chuckled, her smile lighting up her face at the wolf’s actions. She rested her forehead against his large one and dug her fingers into his long, dark fur. They stared at each other for several moments, simply breathing each other in before Eunsook whispered, “Can I kiss you?”

Before she could take her next breath, the wolf had shifted so that two plush lips were pressing tenderly against her own. Eunsook sighed into the caress, strengthening her grip in Minho’s soft hair when he attempted to pull away. He smiled into the next brush of their lips, wrapping his long arms around her waist to pull her into him. She exhaled shakily as his hands trailed down her bare sides to her hips, brushing over her back and soft tail before moving slowly, steadily back up until he was delicately cupping her jaw in his large hands.

“I missed you,” he whispered, his deep voice gravelly from lack of use.

She hummed in response, leaning in to peck at his jaw and trailing down his neck until her head rested comfortably in the crook of his shoulder. His hands moved to her hair, softly running through the irridescent strands and playing with her soft ears.

After some time, Minho moved to lay down amongst the tiny bunnies that were still resting peacefully around them. Eunsook followed, using Minho’s broad shoulder as a pillow and wrapping an arm around his chest. She breathed in his earthy scent, closing her eyes in contentment.

“Stop that,” she whined moments later when his bushy tail ticked her side and she squirmed against him. Hitting his chest lightly, she pouted up at him only to see a wolfish grin brightly staring down at her.  “Jerk,” she said, poking him in the side and snuggling closer. Minho barked out a laugh before apologizing quietly and kissing the top of her head lovingly.

They lay like that for the rest of the afternoon, enjoying the light stir of the leaves in the wind as the sun slowly moved across the sky until it finally set. The two slept peacefully, curled around each other, the brightness of the bunny's white fur contrasting with the darkness of the wolf’s.