All My Love

A Love Like Ours

A beautiful melody filled the air, seamlessly blending into the natural song of chirping birds and billowing grass. Each note was followed by the looping of a thread as the Moon worked on her present for her Night. The tall oak tree moved its branches to allow more light and Eunsook wove her thanks into her sweet melody, savoring the warmth from its bark on her back and the strength it drew from the earth beneath them.

 

The colors in the sky signaled the Sun’s return, casting brilliant shades of orange and pink across the horizon. The woods stirred with anticipation of another day and Eunsook felt the familiar rush of expectation as the Sun peeked over the distant fields and illuminated the flowers that turned to welcome its brilliance.

 

Eunsook regarded the shadows, searching for her own amongst the darkness.

 

Bright eyes blinked back at her, like stars shining through the night, and she smiled brightly, reminiscent of the moon casting the sun’s reflection onto the earth. Minho moved forward soundlessly, the wolf stalking his prey, and Eunsook returned to her work, taking care to wrap each thread with the essence of her heart.

 

Dark fur loomed in front of her as the large wolf sat down, curiously nosing at her project and moving his head demandingly into her bare chest. Eunsook’s long white hair fell around them as she placed a tender kiss on the wolf’s head before shooing him away. Satisfied with this greeting, the Night heeded the Moon's silent demand and sat up straight, his large form once again hovering around her.

 

Biting her lip in concentration, the meadow grew quieter as Eunsook's melody stopped and she leaned forward, drawing the red sweater up to the wolf’s chest and compared the sizes. At her actions, Minho puffed his wide chest and she giggled at the sight.

 

“What’re you laughing at?” A deep voice breathed into her ear before she was surrounded by tan skin, ensnared in Minho’s strong embrace. His hands moved reverently through her hair and down her sides, squeezing her waist. Eunsook leaned into him, squirming with laughter as Minho’s tickled her sides.

 

“You, you silly w-wolf,” she managed between laughs, cheeks hurting from the large smile that signaled her happiness at being reunited with her love.

 

Relenting his teasing, Minho captured Eunsook’s pale lips in a passionate kiss, drawing her bottom lip into his mouth to nibble and before allowing her to pull away, breathless. Seated firmly in his arms, Eunsook curved her body to fit his and her hand over the flawless skin that stretched over his body, the night sky reflected back at her faintly as though they were scars.

 

“I made this for you,” she said, picking up the red sweater and handing it to him. As Minho took it from her, the threads finished weaving and the frayed ends tied off so that it was a perfect piece of art. Minho held the present carefully, drawing it to his nose and sniffing it before leaning in to kiss Eunsook’s cheek. Her ears flopped down as red flashed across her cheeks and she buried her face in his neck.

 

“Do you like it?”

 

Minho paused at the hesitation in her voice, looking down at the human-like object before brushing a large, warm hand through Eunsook's hair, gently playing with the soft ears that he so adored.

 

“It’s perfect.”

 

The Moon's smile returned as she wrapped her arms affectionately around her Night, burrowing into his warmth as the Sun steadily rose through the sky.

 

Slowly, little white bunnies made their way through the meadow, seeking out the pair and swarming around them happily. One particularly brave bunny jumped right into Eunsook’s lap and nuzzled at Minho, who looked down at it curiously.

 

“Oh, is our little star tired after such a long night?” Eunsook cooed, cupping the small thing in her hands and raising it so that she could nuzzle its soft fur. The bunny snuffled, looking up at Minho expectantly until a dark snout was nosing at it, it twice before burrowing its head back onto his favorite place on Eunsook’s shoulder. “You big softie,” she whispered, setting down the tiny thing and watching as it made its way over to another group of bunnies, fighting its way into the middle before falling soundly asleep.

 

Minho huffed, Eunsook’s face half-heartedly before his eyes drifted shut. Rubbing his ears lovingly, she leaned back into his large warmth and moved to bring the sweater up to use as a pillow. The wolf growled, not even bothering to open his eyes as he drew the sweater further under his large body, refusing to let her move it.

 

Smiling softly, Eunsook nestled into his side, allowing the daylight to warm her as sleep finally embraced them.

 

The large oak trees moved their branches, casting shadows over the sleeping forms as the familiar song of rustling leaves and chirping birds filled the air.