Gone

Steal Your Heart

Welcome back! At first I planned on making this chapter longer but I didn't want to keep you guys waiting even longer so i'm posting it as is. I should have the next chapter up in a week though! :D

I also want to say thank you once again for any and all support. I know what it feels like to not want to comment sometimes so the fact that you guys do really warms my heart. Thank youuuu <3 

enjoy!


 

 

Taehyung felt nothing.

It was like something in him had been carved out and thrown in a deep, dark hole.

After Yoongi said the words he was dreading to hear, Taehyung ran out of the Prince’s room without look back. Jungkook tried to get him to slow down, but he didn’t care. He ran and ran until his room door was in front of him and he was safely inside. His back slid down the weathered wood as he sobbed into his hand, unable to get up and answer Jungkook’s concerned questions.

The pain of it all pressed into his lungs and pushed hot tears from his eyes. He couldn't remember the last time he cried this hard. It was like something crucial had been ripped away from him. The world was tilting and he was barely hanging on; so close to losing himself completley in a feeling he couldn't quite describe.  

After crying himself to sleep on the floor, Taehyung woke up the next morning and felt numb. He felt like he had been living a surreal dream up until that moment, and he desperately wanted to go back to sleep to live out the dream just a little bit longer.

He stayed in bed for a week, staring up at his ceiling and barely eating. Both Jungkook and Seokjin tried on multiple occasions to get him up. They even attempted bringing Namjoon and Junmyeon to his room for his study sessions, but the younger barely budged. There were too many thoughts swirling around in his head.

Taehyung used to think that being a thief with his family was all life had in store for him, but then he met Yoongi.

The prince with the careful hands and stormy eyes.

The prince who looked at him like he was the most precious thing to ever exist.

How could someone like that cast him aside so easily?

With these thoughts, Taehyung snapped out of it and decided what he wanted to do next. He looked over a few illusion spell notes Namjoon made him study every day, and he placed a pillow slightly under his bed sheets where his head should be.

Taehyung drew a circle in the air with his pointer and middle finger, whispering the cantation softly under his breath. The pillow shimmered and then settled. The spell was done.

Taking a couple of steps back, he looked at his bed from a spot by the door, and it really did look like the back of his head was there. Now if Jungkook or anyone else were to pop in to check on him, they would simply think he was sleeping.

Namjoon would be so proud.

Taking a deep breath, Taehyung poked his head out of his door to stare down the hallway. Jungkook was usually posted outside, or in his room not too far away. Lately, Taehyung suspected that he was venturing further out in to the castle during the day, always assuming that Taehyung wasn’t going to go anywhere anyway.

Well today you are wrong, Sir Jeon.

Deciding it was safe to step out, Taehyung slinked down the hall with only a small cloth bag on his shoulder. His eyes were still puffy and bloodshot, so he kept his head down and under the large hood of his brown cloak as he maneuvered through the halls, bypassing any servants who knew him personally.

Finally, he reached the front entrance of the castle, and he walked quickly but steadily past the guards. He made sure to stay close behind a servant who was walking out too. Taehyung was wearing one of the more plain sets of clothing Yoongi had made for him, so he blended in well as he and the servant crossed the bridge to the front gate.

A small crowd of servants and guards were getting ready to venture to the border again.

Taehyung knew this because not too long ago, Sir Choi sent him a letter, requesting for his presence again. He said that everyone at the border missed Taehyung, and it would be nice if he visited.

At first Taehyung hesitated in responding back because he felt like he was needed in the castle. Yoongi constantly told him that his company made him feel better, and Taehyung couldn’t deny that being around Yoongi was the best part of his day as well.

But now, with everything that happened, Taehyung needed a break.

A guard suddenly came up to him when he hopped up on to a wagon, sitting amongst the supplies.

Taehyung’s heart sped up, wondering if he was going to be sent back to the castle. His mind raced as the guard drew closer.

“Kim Taehyung? Of the Southern Clan?” the guard asked, a skeptical look on his face. He was probably aware of Taehyung’s absence around the castle, and maybe even the events that transpired with the prince. “What are you doing here? You should be--”

“Prince Yoongi said I could visit our people at the border,” Taehyung interrupted, trying to keep his voice as steady as possible. “Did he not tell you?”

The guard shook his head, still squinting with suspicion. “No, he did not. I’ll send word to his majesty before we--”

“Do you really want to do that?” Taehyung pressed. He rubbed his pointer finger and his thumb together, culminating his magic as he talked. “Prince Yoongi is very busy preparing things with Prince Jimin. He’ll be upset if you bother him over something like this.”

Taehyung reached out and tapped the guard's shoulder, and the man’s head shook hard, as if he were trying to get river water out of his ears.

“You may be... right,” he muttered slowly, looking confused. “We shall set out now then.”

“Excellent,” Taehyung nodded. He watched the guard walk away and breathed a sigh of relief when he didn’t turn around. There was no telling if that spell was going to work or not, but things were working in his favor so far.

“Onward!” the Knight leading the trek yelled from up front, and Taehyung pulled his hood lower over his head.

Hopefully this journey would help take his mind off of Yoongi.


 

 

 

 

~+~

 

 


 

Yoongi was miserable.

He felt like he was trapped inside someone else’s body as he watched himself prepare for a ceremony he did not want to partake in. Jimin was constantly around him now, like a leech that wanted to drain him of everything he was worth.

In his desperation, the prince had Seokjin looking into any other solution he could possibly find. There had to be a way they could save their kingdom without allying themselves with the Busan kingdom. There just had to be.

It was during one of his meetings with the advisor, that Yoongi heard even more bad news.

“Your father is getting worse, your highness,” Seokjin sighed. “I visited him today and he could barely talk. The physicians said he would get better, but the sickness seems to have spread.”

Yoongi held his head in his hands and clenched his eyes shut. He could manage leading an army, but running an entire kingdom by himself? At this age? It was all too much.

He needed Taehyung. It was like he was going through withdrawals without the younger. The adorable brunet had always managed to somehow bring Yoongi back down to earth; make him feel like more than just a prince in a big castle.

Even his magic was missing the boy. It grew more and more dull no matter how much Yoongi practiced.

“How is…” Yoongi’s question trailed off, but Seokjin knew him well.

“He still won’t get out of bed,” Seokjin softly informed. “I really think it would be best if you--”

“No,” Yoongi stated firmly. “I can not see him. I will… I will crack.”

Seokjin placed a comforting hand on his prince’s shoulder, knowing that he was allowed to do so.

“Your highness, I am not questioning your wisdom, but don’t you think you would feel much better if you at least saw him for a few minutes?”

Yoongi hated how right Seokjin was. On one hand he wanted to stay far away from Taehyung, in order to get used to the idea of living without him. While on the other hand he wanted to see him more than ever.

“I will go to him this evening.”

Seokjin smiled and respectfully removed his hand.

“I think that would be a good idea, your majesty.”


 


 

~+~

 



 

Getting to the border seemed a lot faster to Taehyung this time. He splashed water from the creek on his face when they stopped there, and sat curled up on the wagon as they passed beneath the trees.

The many tents lining the border quickly came into view, and he breathed a sigh of relief at seeing them. He was able to discard all thoughts of the castle from his mind and just breath in the open air.

The convoy came to a halt as soon as they reached the first tent, and a group of knights came over to greet them. Taehyung noticed Sir Sung from last time. He wanted to greet him properly, but since the older knight was in charge of everything at the border, he seemed to be preoccupied with the knight who lead their little expedition.

Kim Taehyung? Is that you?”

Taehyung turned around, only to be engulfed with a hug by Choi Minho. His cheeks reddened from the friendly gesture, but he gently hugged Minho back before pulling away. The man was as tall and as charming as last time.

“What a pleasant surprise!” Sir Choi went on. “I know I asked for your presence here, but we honestly weren’t expecting you so soon.”

The knight looked around with furrowed brows. “And without his highness at that.”

“Prince Yoongi is busy,” Taehyung quickly explained. “He let me come here on my own.”

Minho still didn’t look convinced, but he threw an arm over Taehyung’s shoulder and led him further into the camp.

“The servants here ask about you all the time. They really appreciated your help.”

Taehyung shyly smiled at that. “It felt nice helping.”

Sir Choi led him to a dead fire-pit that wouldn't be used until the sun went down. He sat on a log nearby and patted the spot next to him, inviting Taehyung to sit as well.

“So how is everything back at the castle?” he questioned. “And where is your young knight from last time? Sir… Jeon, I believe his name was?”

It was clear that Minho knew Taehyung had another reason for visiting the border.

“His highness needs Sir Jeon back at the castle,” Taehyung lied. “Everything there is fine at the moment, but the Prince is preparing for a… ceremony of sorts.”

“A ceremony? What kind?”

“It involves Prince Jimin, of Busan.”

A knowing expression came over Sir Choi’s face, and Taehyung looked away to stare down at his feet. He could already see the pity in the knight’s eyes,and he didn’t want to accept the fact that yet another person realized just how much he cared about the prince.

“Well, whatever that ceremony entails, I feel honored that you would choose to spend your time here instead,” Minho said, and Taehyung managed a small smile at that. “I plan on leading a few knights into the village nearby, so that we can restock on some things the castle couldn’t provide. Care to join us?”

Taehyung considered the offer for only a second before nodding. He hadn’t really thought about what he would do or how long he would stay once he reached the border, but a trip into town sounded like a good enough distraction. It had been a while since he came into contact with people like him. Commoners weren’t a frequent sight in the castle, which was why his appearance wasn’t welcomed for so long.

Just a further reminder as to why the Prince could never be with him.

“We shall leave in just a moment,” Minho announced, patting Taehyung on the back and rising to a stand. “I can ask the others to prepare a horse for you, or would you prefer riding with me?”

“I’m not confident with a horse yet,” Taehyung sheepishly replied, and Minho fondly ruffled his hair.

“No need to worry, Taehyung. You shall ride with me then.”

Taehyung watched Minho walk away, and then looked towards the dark clouds in the distance. They appeared to be heavy with rain, and he silently prayed that it would fall in torrents. He wanted it to wash over him and drown him completely.

Maybe then he could finally wash away every memory of Yoongi’s touch.

 

 

 

 

~+~

 

 


 

Yoongi walked down the corridor leading to the servant’s quarters with his hands clasped behind his back and his jaw clenched tight with tension. On one hand the mere thought of seeing Taehyung after so many days of missing his face had his heart thrumming with anticipation, but on the other hand he was scared.

Scared that Taehyung wouldn’t want to see him at all.

Taehyung’s door finally came into view and Yoongi could see Jungkook standing guard.

“Sir Jeon,” he greeted.

Jungkook bowed low upon seeing him. “Your majesty.”

“How bad is it?” Yoongi asked, deciding not to beat around the bush. From what Seokjin told him, he already knew the answer to that question, but there was still a glimmer of hope in his heart that Taehyung didn’t completely hate him.

Jungkook sighed and kept his gaze on the opposite wall. “He never leaves his room, my prince. I’ve tried to get him to walk around for a bit, or to even visit the garden, but he refuses every time.”

Yoongi felt a pressing wave of guilt wash over him as he looked at the closed room door. Taehyung was usually so full of life and curiosity, and it was the Prince who snuffed out that light. The brunette was broken… and it was all Yoongi’s fault.

Taking a deep breath, Yoongi grabbed the door handle to the small room and cautiously pushed it open. It was dark inside, due to the fresh storm clouds rolling in outside the window, but he could vaguely make out Taehyung’s mop of brown hair peeking out over the top of his blanket.

Oh how Yoongi longed to gently run his fingers through those soft locks again.

“Taehyung?” he called out, but got not response, not even a stir beneath the sheets.

“He’s been like that all day,” Jungkook whispered, and Yoongi’s frown deepened.

It wasn’t healthy for Taehyung to stay cooped up in that room and bed. Sure he may have been emotionally broken, but if he kept this up any longer he would get physically sick too.

“Little Flower…” Yoongi tried again, hoping that the nickname would garner some sort of reaction from Taehyung. He was unsuccessful, and the complete stillness coming from the bed started to make him worried.

It wasn’t possible for someone to die from heartache, right?

Yoongi moved to walk further into the room, but paused when he saw a faint glimmer in the air by Taehyung’s bed. He squinted into the dark and tilted his head, wondering if it was just a figment of his imagination.

Raising a tattooed hand, Yoongi snapped his fingers and a small flame appeared above his hand. It hovered there and the prince whispered to it, encouraging the pure fire to grow a bit bigger so that he and the knight could see the entire room properly.

“Something isn’t right,” he said aloud to Sir Jeon.

Yoongi took a few more steps closer to the bed, and let out a startled gasp when the air rippled, revealing a pillow tucked under the blanket instead of Taehyung’s head.

It was a glamour.

Jungkook couldn’t see it yet, but at the sound of Yoongi’s gasp, he rushed into the room. He finally realized what was happening when the glamour faded for him too. Taehyung was gone, and there was no telling where he went or how long ago he escaped.

“Y-Your highness-” Jungkook quickly tried to apologize, but Yoongi raised a single hand in a halting motion, causing the young knight to clamp his mouth shut.

“How could you let this happen? Were you not guarding him the whole time?”

“I-I...I-”

Answer me, Knight!”

“I admit I have not, my prince!” Jungkook sputtered. “Taehyung really has been staying in bed every day, so I thought it was safe to venture out into the castle for a moment. I am sorry, your highness. I failed you.”

“Who was it?” Yoongi demanded, turning to look at Jungkook with a cold expression on is face. His eyes were wide with panic but his voice was like still waters, right before a storm hits. “Who were you so busy laying in bed with, you could not tend to your duties?”

“Your highness!” Jungkook gasped in alarm. “I would never--”

“He was with me,” a voice spoke up from behind them, and they both turned to see Seokjin standing in the doorway. “But we were not ‘laying in bed’ as you so eloquently put it. We just… enjoy each other's company, your highness.”

Jungkook turned back to Yoongi. He warily glanced at the ball of fire in the prince's hand, before meeting his enraged eyes again.

“My entire life is dedicated to your service, my prince,” Jungkook said, dropping down on to one knee and bowing his head. “I promise I will do everything within my power to track Kim Taehyung down and bring him back to you.”

Yoongi stared down at him for a moment longer, before putting out the fire and stepping out into the hallway again. Seokjin bowed in his presence as well, but he ignored it in favor of calling over one of the knights who were stationed at the end of the hallway. He came over and stood at attention, waiting for his prince to address him.

“Spread word throughout the castle that Kim Taehyung, from the Southern clan, is missing. I want him found immediately. Also, assemble a search party for the woods and a small convoy in case we have to look further than that. My gut is telling me he is no longer on the castle grounds.”

“Yes, your highness,” the Knight bowed, before jogging off to go deliver the message to all the other knights.

Yoongi turned towards Seokjin and Jungkook again, who were looking at him with guilty yet expectant expressions.

“We will be tracking down Taehyung together,” was all he had to say to them, before hurrying down the hallways. There were a few things he was going to need from his chambers before they set out.

Please be safe… please be alright, he desperately thought.

His breathing quickened and his eyes stung as he neared his chambers with determined steps.

Please come back to me.

 

 


 

Dun dun dun! Taehyung is on a little adventure of his own, and trust me you'll be surprised to see where this mini adventure takes him. Even though he's essentially the main character I noticed that his relationship with Yoongi sometimes overshadowed who he was as a person in a way. These next couple of chapters are really going to show that Taehyung can take care of himself too and he's a lot braver than you think ;) (que epic character development) 

We'll also be getting angsty lovesick Yoongi so that's a plus lmao. 

Thank you for all of the support! Please comment what you thought of this chapter!!

If Yoongi does find Taehyung, how will he get him to come back? 

Thanks for reading! <3