Chapter 6

Getting to Know You

Kibum immediately regrets hitting Jonghyun. He doesn't know what possessed him, especially since he wasn't even one for violence usually. In the shocking aftermath of the hit, Kibum watches Jonghyun bring a hand to the side of his own face and mutter a soft "ow" before hanging his head.

Kibum thinks that everyone takes this moment as the perfect time to leave for the reception hall so that Kibum and Jonghyun are able to talk alone. Its not until they're the only two left that Jonghyun speaks.

"Well, I guess I deserved that." Kibum almost melts at the tenderness in Jonghyun's voice. It's the same comforting and understanding one Jonghyun used to convince Kibum that marrying him would be worth the shot.

Sure that wasn't the exact words that came out of the man's mouth, but thinking back Kibum definitely believes that's all Jonghyun tried to do in the first place.

I have to give him his props though. Who else would've done what he did?

Kibum brings his hand to rest atop Jonghyun's that's still holding his face.

"No you didn't deserve that." Jonghyun looks up at Kibum and that's when their closeness finally registers in Kibum's mind. Yet he can't bring himself to take a step back or even remove his hand from the other's face.

Jonghyun takes his hand from beneath Kibum's and let's it rest at his side. Now Kibum's hand is in direct contact with Jonghyun's skin and Kibum blushes at the contact. Jonghyun's skin is very smooth and Kibum sees his hand print etched onto the beautiful canvas that is Jonghyun's cheek and he feels incredible regret at ever having raised a finger to mar the glorious human being he sees standing before him.

Kibum wants to hug Jonghyun and apologize. But he also worries if that is even okay.

Yes they just got married, but Kibum still doesn't know a thing about Jonghyun or the man's boundaries. He would hate to overstep any hidden lines so soon.

So Kibum just settles for marveling at Jonghyun's face while Jonghyun stares right on back. Jonghyun's eyes are moving rapidly, trying to commit everything to memory as if he desperately needs to remember every single feature. As if he won't ever see Kibum again.

And Kibum would laugh if the thought didn't immediately send a wave of doubt rushing through his system. He let's his hand fall from Jonghyun's face and takes a step back, clearing his throat.

He watches how Jonghyun's large, questioning eyes follow his every move.

He's too beautiful. Too kind.

"Kibum what's wrong?" Kibum flinches away from Jonghyun's outreached hand, his bruised face long forgotten.

He doesn't even know me.

"Kibum stop walking away from me." This only makes Kibum want to move even faster to escape the rejection he knows will come sooner or later.

"Jonghyun I can't..." Kibum glances at the exit and back to Jonghyun. He knows the other noticed and the look of fear that overtakes Jonghyun's previous one of content and happiness is enough to make Kibum weak.

"Kibum no. You can't just walk out now." Kibum doesn't know what to do or what to think. All he knows is that there's no way he and Jonghyun were meant to be. If asked "why not" Kibum doesn't have an answer.

I just feel it. I'm not the one for him. He deserves better.

"Ki-"

"Ugh!" Kibum slumps into one of the chairs and puts his head in his hands. This was too much too fast and the way Jonghyun says his name as if they've known each other all their lives.

It's too much.

"Please stop saying my name." Kibum mutters into his hands. His name sounds too good coming from Jonghun's lips.

"Kibum Kibum Kibum Kibum Kibum Kibum"

"Oh God, Jonghyun are you serious?" Kibum tries to stifle his laugh and looks up to see Jonghyun smiling down at him. Once again, it becomes too much.

And just like before Jonghyun notices every change in him.

Suddenly his hands are being held and he sees Jonghyun squatting in front of him.

And before Jonghyun can open his mouth, Kibum finally gets the courage to say what he's feeling.

"Tell me we didn't just make the biggest mistake of our lives."

...

Jonghyun is very sensitive. Take his already higher than normal sensitivity levels and couple it with extremely emotional situations and he gets an overwhelming need to cry.

He usually isn't very controlled when it comes to letting himself feel. People have always been able to read him like a children's book. He's simple and open. He wears his heart on his sleeve and makes sure that everyone can see it.

But when he hears Kibum finally voice his doubts, he knows he can't let himself break down. Because he has to reassure Kibum that no they did not just make a mistake.

"Well, I believe that everything happens for a reason, Kibum. We are both here today. We got /married/ today Kibum. And I take that as a good sign. I take it that we were meant to do everything just the way it happens. I don't believe in coincidences."

"So since its you and me here now, I think that's exactly how it was meant to be."

Jonghyun let's go of Kibum's hands and cradles his face instead. He sees the water in Kibum's eyes, but something also tells him that the man won't let them fall. At least not now. And Jonghyun accepts that as a good thing because if Kibum started crying then he himself would soon be a sobbing mess.

"Jonghyun if you're trying to make me cry it won't work. I'm not wearing waterproof mascara."

And when Kibum finally smiles Jonghyun's heart flutters.

"Why on earth would you cry huh?"

"Because I just married the world's biggest sap."

"And who might this person be so that I can go congratulate them on being the worlds luckiest person?"

And that's when Jonghyun finally hears it.

Kibum's laugh.

And it just might be the most heavenly sound that has ever reached his ears.

Watching Kibum let go and hearing his laugh resonate within the empty building fills Jonghyun with so much affection in this one moment he does the only thing he can think to do.

He kisses Kibum.

At first he's scared because was this even allowed? Should he have gotten permission first?

oh God he's going to slap me again isn't he?

But then Kibum is kissing him back and it's slow and it's sweet and it's promising.

Kibum is promising him that there will be many more to come.

But just to make sure, when they break apart (both red as tomatoes) Jonghyun searches Kibum's face for any sign of remorse.

"Was it okay to kiss you?" Jonghyun bites his lower lip, but he's not even sure what he has to be nervous about. Kibum kissed him back.

whoa, Kibum kissed me back!

"We're married Jonghyun, I would be scared if you didn't."

At Kibum's words, Jonghyun leans in again so that his lips are but a breath away from Kibum's.

"Well, I would hate for you to feel scared."

Their third kiss however is rudely interrupted by Taemin's loud puking sounds coming from the doorway.

"I'd hate to interrupt this fest, but you two do have an entire room of people waiting on you." Taemin turns to walk back out before turning back to smirk in the couple's direction. "I'd save this for the honeymoon anyway!"

Kibum face palms while Jonghyun just chuckles.

"You have quite the best friend."

"Well I would've had quite the dead friend had you not stopped me."


 

a/n: GUYS I SAW SHINEE ON JULY 31ST AND MINKEY NOTICED ME AND I TOOK A SELIE WITH JJONG AND THEY WERE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEINGS NO THEY WERE LITERAL ANGELS COMING DOWN FROM HEAVEN TO GRACE US WITH THEIR PRESENCE