Chapter 4

Getting to Know You

It takes all but ten seconds for Kibum to decide that he's actually going to go through with this. He's going to get married.


So the other hundred and ten is, of course, spent deciding whether or not he's going to walk down the aisle in these terrible blue shoes or just go barefoot.


With a low curse to Taemin and a quick thought as to why him, Kibum is toeing off his shoes. One look at his bright yellow ducky socks and he's taking those off too till he's wiggling his toes and thinking once more "why was it me that had to be cursed with friends who have terrible fashion sense?" And there's also a little bit more of " Taemin straight to hell." And maybe even a little bit of "this is my fault. I let this happen. But like hell am I not going out with a flare." He also thinks, but would never admit, that the idea of walking in bare would definitely make this wedding one for the history books. But then the realization that there are innocent little children in the audience quickly drowns the racy thought and Kibum is sane once more.


And so with cleaner thoughts and one more deep breath (or two or three), Kibum is ready.


Walking into the church didn't have as big an effect on Kibum as he would've thought. He didn't feel overwhelmed or out of place at all. On this day, at this moment, Kibum swore he wasn't meant to be anywhere else. Yet he kept his head down. It was easier to walk that way. Staring at his toes instead of all the faces that were behind all the whispers he was hearing.


"So he's going through with it after all."


"Uhm, just where the hell are his shoes?"


"And he still looks y...wow."


Kibum smirks as he hears one of the girls murmur not so quietly to herself.


For some reason this gives him the strength to raise his head and finally look ahead of him.


To say he is shocked by what he sees is quite the understatement.


...


Jonghyun has since opened his eyes to see Kibum walking in, barefoot no less, and his heart constricts in his chest. He dares not say a word though, not until Kibum looks up and sees him. Jonghyun doesn't know what yo expect from Kibum. And that's what makes this so exciting. The fact that he knows only the man's name and nothing more makes Kibum like nicotine to Jonghyun. He just wants more and more and Jonghyun knows it will only take a few more moments with Kibum before he's hooked. The man hated his shoes so much he decided to walk down the aisle barefoot for goodness sakes! If this wasn't the man Jonghyun felt he could get addicted too then all would be lost.


Jonghyun wanted to smirk, or laugh, or do anything remotely charming when Kibum does finally look up and makes eye contact with him, but all Jonghyun does is get lost once more in Kibum's beauty. In the way Kibum's lips hang open and his eyes widen and his fingers start fumbling with the hem of his suit jacket. It's all so adorable and heartwarming and, well, Jonghyun just knows by the heat in Kibum's eyes that he actually may want to punch Jonghyun. And that's when Jonghyun finally breaks the spell and chuckles a bit, enough to jump start Kibum's walk again until they are finally side by side and it takes all of Jonghyun's willpower not to hug the other to his chest and ask for his forgiveness.


"I didn't tell you because...."


Well, if Kibum ever does ask he's sure the reason will come to him.


But right now Jonghyun is lost in his happiness because Kibum didn't run away. He's here, beside him, looking at the same pastor and about to take their vows (or at least that's what Jonghyun thinks is about to happen next since he hasn't really been paying too much attention. Lost in Kibum and whatnot).


And soon they're past the rings and they've said their vows and uttered their "I do's" and Jonghyun thinks he might burst from joy when Kibum leans down to kiss him, because yes he is still taller even barefoot with Jonghyun in heels.


Their kiss is the best Jonghyun has ever had. Kibum's lips are soft and inviting and a little angry, but Jonghyun is positive that the other just might've forgiven him already. He just knows, like he was always meant to.


And as Jonghyun pulls away, caught in the euphoria of the first kiss that will be representative of the rest of his life, he thinks about all the other kisses fate will gift him and he thinks about the beautiful man he just married and then he thinks "holy I'm married!"
And then he faints.


Or at least that's what he's inclined to believe the whole my-vision-faded-to-black thing was about.


 

a/n: "when will she write longer chapter?" You ask. "Idkkkk" I reply with a scream while running away because it frustrates me too ;;;