Chapter 5

Getting to Know You

"Whoa Jonghyun!"

Kibum and many others rush to catch Jonghyun as he falls. They carry him to a seat and Kibum just stares at him in shock because -

"Did he just faint....because I kissed him?"

Kibum sees Taemin on his right trying not to laugh while Jinki stands beside him rubbing his back.

"Kibum I'm sure it wasn't like that. Maybe he fainted from all the excitement?"

"Yeah Kibum. I've read of this kind of thing happening all the time." Taemin so kindly tries to reassure Kibum, but whenever Taemin says that he's "read" something...well let's say the advice column in Playboy isn't exactly a reliable source.

"Where exactly did you read that Taemin?"

"From -"

"Actually no I have a much better question." Kibum interrupts whatever monologue Taemin was about to spew out and stands up, just inches away from Taemin's face. "Why don't you tell me just where the hell you got off getting me ING BLUE SHOES!"

Taemin quickly steps back and frantically looks around. The hall is still filled with family members and friends who are waiting for Jonghyun to wake up and congratulate the newlyweds. Kibum actually forgot about the others, his fright for Jonghyun and his rage at Taemin a little too distracting at the moment. Taemin looks at Jinki for help as Kibum stalks him till he's against a wall with nowhere to go.

"K-kibum. Bummie, look we went thought this already right? I thought you said blue."

"The one time you actually think and its wrong! You didn't think I said blue, you just weren't paying attention in the first place you hyperactive !" Taemin screeches and closes his eyes as Kibum grabs hold of his jacket. Kibum wouldn't actually hurt Taemin, he just wants to strike a little fear in the heart of his best friend for ing with his wedding day.

"I had to walk down the aisle barefoot!"

"Well, in my defense, I told you not to wear the ducky socks."

What comes out of kibum's mouth is something much like a growl and Taemin is actually quite scared for his life.

"Jinki do something!"

But Jinki is much too busy tending to Jonghyun to make sure his little brother isn't killed by his best friend.

"You're dead Taemin." Kibum reaches for the buttons on Taemin's suit jacket, because while he isn't one to hit he sure knows how to ruin a good suit. But before he can do any damage Taemin squirms out of his grasp and runs to the entrance screaming bloody murder.

Kibum follows seeing nothing but red and the retreating figure of his best friend.

...

Jonghyun opens his eyes and is greeted by his parents' concerned faces.

"Oh no. What did I do this time?"

The only time Jonghyun is visited by both his parents is when one of his business plans blew up in their faces and he has to take the blame. The one downfall of working for his parents who just happen to own the most successful string of pastry shops in Asia.

"You fainted son."

"I fainted? What?" It's then that Jonghyun actually looks around and sees that he is not in fact in his room. He's in a chapel that looks decorated as if for a wedding.

A WEDDING

"HOLY ! I FAINTED!"

"Son, watch your language."

Jonghyun quickly apologizes to his mother and stands to look around.

"Where's Kibum? Oh my gosh, he's gonna think I fainted because I don't like him!" Jonghyun looks around even more frantically because his husband is nowhere to be seen.

"Jonghyun, Kibum is chasing some lad because of something about blue shoes?"

Just as Mr. Kim speaks Jonghyun sees the boy who introduced himself as Taemin earlier run past screaming for "Kibum please it was just an accident!", followed by a very angry, very scary looking barefoot Kibum. It's actually quite a scene and Jonghyun can't help but laugh a little because apparently he just married a man who couldn't seem to give a damn about anyone judging him.

But the screeches of the little man sounded really frightened and Jonghyun felt like he should put a stop to the terror.

"Uhm...Kibum?" Of course the pair didn't hear Jonghyun's near whisper of the man's name. Especially not in the middle of their own shouting and frantic running.

"KIBUM STOP IT!" Jonghyun immediately regrets shouting when Kibum then turns his gaze towards him. He makes a mental note then and there not to ever make Kibum angry. "Uh..please?"

Kibum's glare softens as soon as he realizes who he's staring at. And not a second later he's running again, this time towards Jonghyun. Kibum stops just in front of him.

Jonghyun once again doesn't know what to expect. A hug? A kiss? An "I'm glad you didn't die when you fainted" even.

Jonghyun expected anything and everything.

Except for the harsh slap Kibum gave him.


 

a/n: I just wanted to tell you guys how awesome I think you all are because even without me asking you guys left amazing comments and a couple of you even upvoted and I'm just so shocked and thankful like you guys make my heart swell 💕💕💕