Prologue

The Cinderella List
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi, this is the Cinderella Sisterhood here. Actually, it’s Hyejin writing, but we are all together so it’s counted. We found this empty journal in Seoyun’s attic and we decided to use it to record our experiences in life and help us with our problems. This group, the Cinderella Sisterhood, was designed to help girls like us get over the current or past problems that we have or are experiencing. Currently, there are four of us, me, Seoyun, Claire and Lina. All four of us together are the Cinderella Sisterhood. Why are we called the Cinderella Sisterhood? Claire, the oldest girl here at 18, came up with this genius idea that we are ‘Cinderellas’. It made sense, each of us were girls for one thing, and Cinderella was relatively young wasn’t she? She was a normal, average girl, like us, and she went through problems of her own, with her father dying and her b*itchy stepsisters and stepmother. If not for Prince Charming, she would have been stuck in that dystopian world of hers. We’re all in a way like her.

I, Hyejin, had my parents dying in a terrible car accident. I was just a normal student, I had been walking back quite late at night when I had missed the last bus of the day. My parents called me and volunteered to pick me up, after all, I was their only daughter and they did not want to take any chances. I told them to hurry up because it was cold and it was getting scary. After 15 minutes, they still had not come. I called them again and when they picked it up, I snapped at why they were so late. The other voice at the end was not my mother nor my father’s voice, it was a total stranger. This stranger told me that the couple in the car had gotten in a very serious accident and were now being sent to the hospital. Not much to say after that, I rushed to the hospital (By running) to find out that they were DOA. Dead On Arrival. I wish I had not asked them to come pick me up. I wish my last words had not been to hurry up. I wish I had said I love you to them. I wish……

Hey, it’s Claire right now. Hyejin is crying right now and she could not continue writing, the girls are comforting her. Hyejin had it hard for her mainly because she was young at the time, she went into mourning and depression and blamed herself severely for it, but now, she’s ok. She joined the Cinderella Sisterhood and we helped each other along the difficult time. By the way, we’ve been in this sisterhood since the youngest was 13, now she is 16. Most of us have gotten over our problems but to time to time, we relapsed back into our old state, like Hyejin is now. To continue on, I shall tell about myself and why I am in the Cinderella Sisterhood.

I was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 11. I had leukemia, cancer of the blood cells, starting from the bone marrow. I was devastated, and so were my parents. Since young, my parents had this high hope that I would become a model, bringing good fortune to my family’s name and to up our status. They started me on some kind of program that nurtured me t

Please log in to read the full chapter