#3: Future (Part 1)

Boomerang

 

 

"Baekhyun? What are you doing here?"

 

Kyungsoo is surprised to feel some warmth blanket her from behind while she is trying to sleep. She even more surprised to acknowledge it turns out to be her best friend. This is not weekends so she should be at work now. Why is she at her house? Is she going all the way to Ilsan alone?

 

Kyungsoo is turning around to face her but this pretty girl forbids her by tightening the hug. "What is it now, silly?"

 

Kyungsoo does not get any answer from behind. She sighs defeatedly then. Her best friend must be in a gloomy state if she acts like this. Baekhyun is the happy-go-lucky type but she would turn into a whiny baby when she feels sad or guilty. So Kyungsoo just put her hands on top of Baekhyun's beautiful ones and allows her to do whatever she wants to. It is her usual treatment. Besides, she still feels weak after discharging from hospital this morning.

 

After a couple of moments filled with silence, Baekhyun finally opens with rather cracked voice. "Why do you wake up, Kyungie? Go sleeping, you need your rest." 

 

Kyungsoo chuckles. "How could I sleep? You're here and you know I'm a light sleeper. Stupid ." She her bestfriend's hand softly. Her eyes were still closed but she does not plan to sleep now eventhough she feels fatigue.

 

"I'm sorry Kyungsoo-ya."

 

Kyungsoo is frowning. Usually, Baekhyun will yell at her at the nick name followed by the cutest pouty face ever. "Ck..What are you sorry for, Baek? It's only about me sleeping."

 

"I-I'm sorry."

 

Kyungsoo opens her eyes only to feel her best friend trembling. Kyungsoo's heart sink at the state. They have been best friends since high school so seeing the talkative Baekhyun being gloomy like this makes her concerned. She is trying again to turn around, to face her Baekkie, but that girl still does not allow her.

 

"Baek, what happened? Did Kris hurt you?"

 

Kyungsoo can feel Baekhyun shaking her head repeatedly on her back.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm the worst friend ever. I couldn't persuade Chanyeol to keep you in Gangnam. I... barely contacted you when you were in Jeju-do. I didn't spend even one of my holidays to visit you there. I was also late to know you staying at the hospital for almost a week now. And the worst is I was mad at you for being absent in my engagement day. I ..."

 

"Baekhyun-ah..."

 

"I'm the worst friend ever. Please forgive me." Kyungsoo hears Baekhyun sobbing harder.

 

Kyungsoo continues to Baekhyun's hands passionately when she hears the girl bursts into tears. She herself does not say anything. It is not because either she admits or she denies what Baekhyun confessed, she just does not know how to react. She is always bad at giving reaction.

 

If Kyungsoo asks herself about what she feels, she will find disappointment, sadness, or even envy to her best friend. However, she did not show it off because she actually does not find the right way how to. She used to keep her emotion by herself. She used to control the emotion not the other way around.

 

After minutes were filled only with Baekhyun's wails, Kyungsoo clears . "So, when will the day be, Baek? Your wedding?" She tries to lit up the mood by changing the topic.

 

The girl behinds her is still catching her breath though the wail is about to stop. Feeling her best friend is not going to answer soon, she continues her talk.

 

"I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your engagement day since two days ago my doctor couldn't be persuaded to let me discharge earlier. I promise this time I will be on your wedding. So will you tell me the day, hm?"

 

"Kyungie-ya..." Baekhyun's voice is croaky. "Promise me you'll be fine?"

 

Kyungsoo feels dry. Knowing that someone without blood related loves her this much makes Kyungsoo want to cry. Baekhyun has done many things for her. She let Kyungsoo live in her apartment for nearly a year without paying then promoted her to Mr. Park until she could work in Taste it! for four grateful years. She even keeps her promise to not tell their boss about Kyungsoo's sickness eventhough Kyungsoo knows that her best friend now kicks herself for doing so.

 

"Mwoya?" Kyungsoo holds her tears back. She slaps Baekhyun's hand softly. "I just need to take a bed rest. That's nothing to worry about."

 

"Yak! You're suffering hepatitis B and you said that's nothing to worry about? You're unbelievable Do Kyungsoo."

 

Kyungsoo lets her melodic giggles after hearing Baekhyun's scolding. It is the Byun Baekhyun she knows.

 

"Your mom told me that you needed to stay at the hospital because you were in fatigue. You forced yourself too much, didn't you? Chanyeol was being a brat to make you handle the branch in Jeju-do alone."

 

"I'm glad though because he didn't fire me. You know I still need money for my brother and my medication."

 

"But still, he breathed under your neck too much. Look at your condition now. Doctor said you couldn't get exhausted and stressed yet he troubled you with so much burden."

 

"He doesn't know that, Bacon."

 

"Sssst!!! Why are you keep defending him? Urgh... I know I'm right that you still love him. I hate you."

 

Kyungsoo scoffs at the complaint.

 

"OK.. OK.. I'm not defending him."

 

Silence.

 

"Baek, don't you know that I miss you so much? Let me see your ugly face, please?"

 

"Ugh... this sassy . I hate you." Baekhyun grumbles but slowly loosen her bear-hug, allowing Kyungsoo to be able to see how ugly she is now.

 

The moment Kyungsoo faces Baekhyun makes her fail to hold her laugh. The view in front of her now is hilarious. The fair face is now flushed, some black stains from her eyeliner completed the after effect of weeping. And where are her eyes? Is she sleeping? The laughter brings back the tears in Baekyun's eyes. She is now bawling uglily.

 

"Huwaaaaa... I must be very ugly right now. Hiccups." She complains in the middle of crying.

 

Kyungsoo tries hard to stop her laughter while pulling the crying big baby into her arms. "Yak! Are you three? Stop being a cry baby, will you?"

 

Baekhyun cannot get rid of her sobbing. Kyungsoo is smiling like a crazy person seeing her in such a mess.

 

"I love you Baekkie-ah. I really do." Kyungsoo can hear her best friend muttering "me too" against her chest while sobbing vaguely.

 

For some reasons, Kyungsoo feels glad that she is sick. She can cuddle with her only Baekhyun after a long time. She can see the rare ugly face of the perfect diva and the most important is she realizes how much they love each other.

 

"Kyungsoo-ya, don't you want to tell Chanyeol? He needs reasons for the break up."

 

Kyungsoo slips a heavy sigh. "I already gave him the reason though."

 

"But not about your sickness. I understand that you don't want to continue the relationship because you're scared that you will transmit the virus to him when you two are married. But the doctor said it can be avoided by taking the vaccine right?"

 

"It's not that I don't want to tell him. But he himself has believed that I'm in love with someone else, that I'm such a who always latches onto some filthy rich like him and Hongbin. I couldn't help but accept that."

 

"Urgh...those bastards. That Hongbin even never spares glances again towards you after he'd known about you having that virus. Such a coward."

 

"It's normal Baekkie-ah. Who wants to be transmitted with some virus? And I guess Chanyeol will do the same. He is a perfect prince, Baek. He needs someone who is compatible with his well-being. I'm in his mother's side that he needs the best to keep the Park in the right way. If I marry him and having a baby, the baby could have the same path as her mom. I'm glad he has Luhan now. They are the perfect two."

 

Baekhyun tilts her head up only to feel like crying when she sees Kyungsoo stretching her heart-shaped lips to smile sincerely. She immediately burries her face again onto Kyungsoo's chest and drapes the latter with her arms lovingly.

 

"You're an angel, Kyungsoo."

 

"And you're the evil?"

 

"I'm serious!" Baekhyun spats inviting another giggles from Kyungsoo. How many times has she giggled today because of Baekhyun? She is definitely going to fall in love with this girl if she were a man.

 

"I really am not an angel, you know. To be honest, I felt mad at Chanyeol for thinking bad about me. I was in rage when he exiled me to Jeju-do cause I didn't have anyone there. I was about to burn the cafe and kill him if I didn't remember his father." Kyungsoo feels silly remembering the memory. "I was also broken seeing him getting engaged with another woman. Apparently your words are true that I still love him. He is the first who can make me being in love like crazy."

 

She then takes a deep breath. It seems she tries hard to keep her eyes from shedding a tear. Baekhyun is still listening without the urge to give any response.

 

"I need a year to accept this fate by the way. Or maybe even more because I can still feel a pang in my heart whenever I saw him with Luhan or you with Kris. Basically I will be in that state everytime I see couples all lovey dovey."

 

"Kyungie-ya...." Baekhyun tightens the hug.

 

"I'm sorry Baek. It's not that I'm not happy to see you with Kris. It's just my melancholy side takes over me. I was beyond happy when you told me Kris proposed you that night. You deserve all the best, my stupid and ugly ."

 

"I love you so much, my sassy ."

 

"I know. I love you more."

 

"Are you moving in here?"

 

Kyungsoo nods her head. "I probably won't recover soon so I need my parents to take care of me, Baek."

 

"Aniya. You will recover in a flash. I need you to be in my wedding. So be fine really quick, Kyung. For me."

 

"Ah, right." Kyungsoo detaches herself from Baekhyun. "When is the date?"

 

"Next month, on my birthday." Baekhyun grins widely.

 

"MWO?"

 

~

 

Huwaaaaaaa... I finally can post this. I'm sorry for making you all wait for the update. I've been having lots of stuffs to do and being sick in the middle of crazy days was hard to handle. Ok.. it sounds I'm giving excuses but unfortunately it's true 😭😭😭😭

Oke moving on, btw thanks a lot for expecting my story. I've read some comments about the eagerness to know what happen next to Kyungsoo. Once more I'm terribly sorry for taking too much time. So, it's nearly the end guys. This chapter only captured the Baeksoo moment but I hope it isn't a fail to reveal what's wrong with Kyungsoo.

The next update will at least be two days later. Hope there will be no disruption 🙏🙏🙏 Enjoy reading 😆😆😆