#2: Past

Boomerang

*the picture is not mine* 

*The picture is not edited by me, I found it and it's so lovable 😍*

 

~

 

Note: The italic parts are some flashback. Enjoy reading 😆

 

"I told you, Kyungsoo. You would regret your damn decision. Nobody would ever love you like I did. Nobody asks you to be their lover if it's not me. Now, since you're stubborn enough to dump me from your life, this is what you get. And as for me, you can see that happiness and love hug me even tighter through a Chinese angel. Just enjoy your life, Kyungsoo-ssi."

 

 

 

"Argh!!!!!!" Chanyeol throws the book he's been trying to read for the past an hour until it lays helplessly on the cold floor. "It's not working. Why can't I ignore her? Damn it! She's ing annoying!"

 

It is 2 in the morning and the young CEO still couldn't get his beautiful sleep. It's Kyungsoo's fault if he gets panda eyes later. Since they met at the party, Chanyeol's mind has been occupied by the beautiful girl. OK, he still thinks that Kyungsoo is still beautiful though just wrapped in a simple dress with a couple of flat shoes. Eventhough she just put light make up and styled her long hair in a bun. Eventhough she looked way skinnier and less glowing, Chanyeol was still fascinated by that charm after all and he hates it.

 

Six months without seeing Kyungsoo or getting any information about her makes Chanyeol wander about her life so far. She looks very different but not in a good way. She looks gloomy and stressful, really different with the one in the picture he has. And she said she did not have any boy friend. Whom was she joking with? The last time he knew, his ex was having a close relationship with a boisterous man, Lee Hongbin. That shameless man even decided to stay at his own hotel in Jeju when he got the news that Kyungsoo was transferred. Just for information, Chanyeol hired someone to put eyes on the girl. So, where does that Hongbin go now?

 

Chanyeol splashes his tired face with water and put her head under the shower. He needs to refresh his mind. If he cannot make Kyungsoo go from his mind by reading a book, then probably he needs showering and then cuddling with Luhan who is now sleeping peacefully on his bed.

 

"Chagiya, are you showering? What happened?"

 

Chanyeol can hear Luhan's angel voice behind the door. She sounds concerned.

 

"Don't worry, baby. I'm done in a minute."

 

Chanyeol turns the shower off then takes his bath robe on. When he comes out from the bathroom, Luhan can see his infamous goofy smile all over his face with some water dripping from his hair. The girl is then embraced by the strong arms and she can feel soft pecks on the peak of her head.

 

"Why are you showering at midnight? Something's bothering you?" Luhan asks a bit mumbling because her face is still burried in Chanyeol's embrace.

 

"Why do you think like that? I just felt sweaty when I woke up."

 

"You always take a shower at night when you have trouble in sleeping. And that means something's bothering you." She loosen her hug and brings her bambi eyes to find some answers in Chanyeol's black orbs. "Is it about your ex-girl friend?"

 

Luhan is a straight forward person, and Chanyeol knows that from the very first time they talk. She is one of those people who do whatever she wants to and say whatever she needs to. She is quite opposite with Kyungsoo who is rather full of consideration and keeps whatever bothering her just by herself. Chanyeol really likes that side of Luhan, but sometimes it makes him feel uncomfortable just like now.

 

Luhan can feel Chanyeol's body freeze, only for a while because her fiance diligently leads them to the bed. Chanyeol takes both her hands and links their fingers.

 

"What do you mean with my ex girl friend, baby?" Chanyeol asks calmly. His brows slightly furrows.

 

"Do Kyungsoo. Your mother told me once about that girl. She is the one who broke your heart before you met me, right?"

 

Chanyeol doesn't utter any words. He waits until Luhan throw all her curiosity up. And Luhan understands the cue.

 

"Your mother told me that you're quite in a mess because that employee of yours only took benefits by having a relationship with you and then dumped you out of the blue after she got what she wanted. To be honest, last night I was looking for that girl. I wanted to know what type of girl that could put you in such state just because of love. But I was also scared to know her if she is prettier than me, if she is all more attractive than me. I was also scared if you met her again then you realized that you still love her. I don't want to lose you, Chanyeol. I love you so much. I..."

 

Chanyeol quickly reaches Luhan's body and embraces her once again in a warm lovely hug. His fiancee is now on the verge of breaking down. He can see Luhan's going to shed tears any moment by hearing her voice shaking. And he is not wrong. He now can feel his neck wet and a strong grip onto his bath robe. They are then lying down while still hugging like their body and soul are relying on each other. Chanyeol Luhan's black lock gently and lands kisses onto it to comfort her.

 

"You know I love you too, baby. I have you now so why do I have to think about my past?" Chanyeol can feel Luhan's body getting more relaxed slowly. "She is just someone I knew from the past and you don't need to feel insecure because she isn't that great. She is probably could make me go crazy by letting me down, but you make me go crazy with your love, baby. You are greater in all way, awwww...."

 

Luhan pinches Chanyeol on his waist.

 

"Baby, it's hurt."

 

"You make me blush, Mr. Park. What a sweet tongue you have! I hate you." Luhan grumbles through Chanyeol's broad chest. He can imagine Luhan's cute face while pouting.

 

"I thought you loved me baby."

 

"Oh, shut up!"

 

Chanyeol's laughter can be heard after that. They are looking for each other comfort zone by cuddling until the sunlight crept up the room.

 

~

 

Chanyeol knew Kyungsoo because she worked under his company. She was the branch manager of Taste it! in Gangnam, the first cafe Park Family owned. When she was introduced to him by his father as one of the most competent employees he ever had, Chanyeol couldn't believe it immediately. The petite girl looked fragile and far from a word "dominating". The girl also looked so shy and not really talkative. But when she presented her idea in front of everyone in one important meeting so diligently, Chanyeol knew that the girl was beyond ordinary. She then slowly made the new CEO immerse to everything she was.

 

"Do you have some free time, Kyungsoo?" After almost three months knowing each other, Chanyeol had finally a courage to ask Kyungsoo out by putting aside the job matter. So, he called her by phone before he went to Gangnam.

 

"Oh, is there any problem with the concept I offered, Sajangnim?" Kyungsoo was a bit surprised. It is probably because they met yesterday to talk about some new inovation for the cafe yet he asked her to meet him again. This girl was really a workaholic. And Chanyeol loved that.

 

"No, no. I just...mmm... I think.... we need... how if we... mmm..."

 

"Sajangnim?"

 

Chanyeol took a deep breath. What had the girl on the other line done to make him look like a person with disability in speaking? She was really something.

 

"Sorry, Kyungsoo-ya. I just want to meet you." There he went. He could feel his face getting hotter.

 

Silence.

 

"Kyungsoo, are you still there? I'm sorry if I bother you. You must be busy. We can meet next ..."

 

"You are welcomed in the cafe anytime, Sajangnim. I'll be here till evening."

 

Chanyeol could hear Kyungsoo's voice getting soft, not as loud as before. Was she shy? He then imagined how cute that girl all shy with that flawless chubby cheeks colored in pink.

 

And from that moment, the relationship had slowly grown from CEO and branch manager to close friends. Chanyeol intensely went to Gangnam and spent his lunch time mostly there. Occasionally, Chanyeol had his coffee morning there or visited the cafe at night that ended up with him asking Kyungsoo to accompany him having dinner. He even drove Kyungsoo to her apartment with the lame reason that a beautiful girl like her should not go home alone.

 

Chanyeol confessed his love towards the adorable manager in not so romantic situation. Chanyeol was in the middle of jealousy after seeing her being hug by a tall man in front of cafe. He dragged Kyungsoo to his car and bombarded her with questions in high pitch tone. He stopped himself when he saw the girl he loved shaking, feeling scared. That was the first time Chanyeol angry because of jealousy. And that was also the first time he felt hurt just seeing a girl shaking in fear because of him. Even when he was with Baekhyun, he always maintained his emotion because for God's sake, he is the son of Park Seo Jun and the heir of that well-known Taste it! cafe and resto. He would not be under woman's charm, it should be the other way. But, this unpredictable girl ruined everything.

 

Chanyeol didn't know the time he started to fall deeply into this girl. He could not remember when that pair of beautiful round eyes started to trap him inside everytime they exchanged gaze without any words involved, just let their eyes tell each other how in love they were. He even did not realize that falling in love with Kyungsoo could make him all happy like a school boy and lost in their own world.

 

Kyungsoo was independent. She did everything she had to without depending on others. She was not only beautiful but also kind. She was also unpredictably full of creative idea and funny. She was a tough and brave girl who left her family back in Gyeonggi-do to reach what she dreamt of in Seoul. She was caring and loving her family so much especially her one and only little brother whom Chanyeol then knew that was the boy who hugged Kyungsoo on the day he got jealous for the first time. And Chanyeol had asked some of the employees in the cafe about Kyungsoo being their manager and they noted in the same tone that Kyungsoo treated them equally like friends that made them never think to create troubles. Chanyeol found out more about his beloved girl without realizing that he let himself fall more than he ever thought before until the day that angel turned into devil and broke his heart.

 

"What did you mean by cut it off, Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol definitely knew what Kyungsoo meant but he did not want to believe it. He just wanted to make sure that this was just a dream or a joke because his girl surprisingly liked to play around.

 

"You know what I mean, Chanyeol. We aren't working well. Everybody's talking about us and it makes me under pressure. People in the company don't look at me in the same way again. They hate me by dating you. Don't you understand?"

 

Kyungsoo desperately reasoned out to convince her Sajangnim that they did not mean to be together. Chanyeol looked so angry that he might break something in the room. The cool Park Chanyeol changed into someone scary with face flushed red by anger and some veins unusually came out.

 

" them! Why can't you ignore them, then?" Chanyeol couldn't take it any longer. He was beyond angry. He did not come all the way to Seoul from Busan and postponed an important meeting after being ignored for days just to be dumped by his girl friend. He reached Kyungsoo chubby cheeks and cupped them in his trembling hands. He connected their forehead to let Kyungsoo know how deep his love was. "I love you Kyungsoo and I know you do love me. I'm begging you, angel. Don't hurt me like this. Please don't play around anymore." He added rather desperate.

 

Kyungsoo took Chanyeol's hands and let them go down. "My decision is final, Chanyeol. I'm so sorry. I don't mean to hurt you. I don't mean to make you broken. I..."

 

"What did you say? You don't mean it?" Chanyeol scoffed. " that . You do mean to hurt me. I know what kind of woman you are. After this, who is your target? Our most important client Kim Junmyeon? Or that Lee Hongbin guy that owns Grand Hyatt hotel?"

 

Chanyeol could feel his left cheek burning. Kyungsoo slapped him so hard and it made him gone crazy. He grabbed Kyungsoo's jaw and crashed their lips by force. Chanyeol kissed Kyungsoo hard even harshly let his tongue explore what was inside. He ignored the pain Kyungsoo gave by hitting his chest and arms in effort to let herself go. After it liked forever, Chanyeol cut off their kissing scene not so gently made Kyungsoo stumble to the table behind her. In the middle of her panting, she could see Chanyeol spill his saliva and wiped his lips.

 

"I just realize that you feel disgusting. Glad we ended this relationship before you hypnotize me even more. Just remember one thing, Kyungsoo. You're going to regret this soon after I left this place."

 

Chanyeol brought his body out of Kyungsoo's room and closed the door with a very loud sound. He even made an employee fall down hard to the floor because he accidentally bumped onto her.

 

"Eonni," the girl tried to call the person inside when she opened the door of Kyungsoo's room. "Are you alright?" She asked carefully. She could feel that Kyungsoo was so tensed but neither she was crying nor annoyed.

 

"Yes, yes Eunji. I'm OK. Come in. Is there anything I could help?" That girl named Eunji noticed that Kyungsoo's voice was a bit shaking.

 

"I just want to give you the recent statistics of our income."

 

Kyungsoo accepted it with smile. But that one felt bitter.

 

~

 

Two days after their quarrel, Chanyeol was surprised by Kyungsoo barging into his office room in a hurry.

 

"Why do you so sudden transfer me to Jeju?" Chanyeol could feel that Kyungsoo was trying not to shout at him.

 

"Can you be any rude, Ms. Do? I'm your Sajangnim, if you forget." He answered calmly while crossing his arms. He had seen this coming after all.

 

Silence.

 

"Well, so you wonder why you're being transfer to Jeju? The answer is my father asked me to."

 

Kyungsoo frowned. "Why so sudden? Mr. Park will let me know earlier if he needs me to do something. He won't..."

 

"Are you in the situation of arguing, Ms. Do? Remember your place. You're just an employee here."

 

"Chanyeol, if it's about our ..."

 

"I'm your boss, Ms. Do. Do you have any right to call me by my given name?"

 

Kyungsoo clenched her hands to suppress her emotion. "Right, forgive my attitude, Sajangnim. But could I get some explanation about this? Honestly I was reluctant to stay there because I need to take care of my brother here in Seoul. He's going to university this year."

 

"And why should I care? Honestly I couldn't work with someone who had hurt and annoyed me that much. But my father trusted you so much so I made a deal with him to make you keep working but far from my sight. So giving you a chance to take responsibility in our branch in Jeju is the most possible way. I believe you will be wise enough to not let this chance go." Chanyeol explained rather cocky.

 

Kyungsoo could not deny the fact that she still needed money to help her parents paying her little brother's tuition fee and living expenses in Seoul. She also could not betray Mr. Park's reliance towards her. So she started to prepare anything she needed to live in Jeju for she did not know how long. She was so sad that she could not live with her brother in Seoul as they planned. She also wanted to cry when all of her friends in the cafe made an unplanned farewell party for her to show how much they loved her after almost three years being together. She even slept over in Baekhyun's place because she didn't know when they could do it again later.

 

Kyungsoo couldn't agree more with those people who said that Jeju was really beautiful because they all damn right. Jeju-do was indeed beautiful. The ambience was far different with Seoul, it was calm and lovely. Eventhough she stayed in Jeju-si, it was much less crowded than Seoul. She loved the warm weather and the bright sky. She loved how the citizens greeted each other with smile and treated others very nicely.

 

However, her responsibility here is quite crazy. It's been only few months Mr. Park decided to launch the new branch of Taste it! here so it had not gained so much attention from people. She needed to put more efforts in such rather isolated province. It made her a bit scared to think she had to do this all alone without her beloved people by her side, without Baekhyun, without her friends in Seoul's branch. Could she survive with all things? Could she get the same trust and treat from her new environment?

 

Eventhough she was a hardworking person, she never worked with big pressures as she was in Jeju-si. When she was told to take place in Taste it! Gangnam about three years ago, she just needed to continue the success and added some innovation. But in Jeju-si, it was like she built a new cafe by herself. The company was also breathing down her neck yet her boss did not assist her with someone competent from the centre. Everything in Jeju-si was new for her. She had important demands from her boss, new environment to be adjusted, none familiar figures to share her problems with, and it was like she was purposely exiled to nowhere. She even could not contact her parents and brother as intense as before. Chanyeol definitely hated her now. He proved his words to make Kyungsoo regret what she did.

 

~

 

Chanyeol has promised Luhan to let her meet Kyungsoo personally. His fiancee keeps asking to see the girl in a close distant. Actually she saw Kyungsoo and Chanyeol talking at the party back then, but she wants to face the girl personally. She wants to show Kyungsoo that Chanyeol is now hers and if it is possible, she even wants to thank her because if she did not cut off their relationship, Chanyeol would not fall for her.

 

Chanyeol and Luhan are now in Jeju-do. Chanyeol decided to visit Taste it! there while having a vacation with her beloved fiancee. It is Spring so why do they have to stay in Seoul doing nothing while they can go seeing the infamous Jeju Cherry Blossom Festival in Jeju? Chanyeol is sure they will have wonderful time in such place with idyllic sceneries.

 

They have spent three days now and tomorrow they are going back to Seoul. So, having the last night here, the couple go to Taste it! to have dinner and of course to meet the manager. Chanyeol purposely did not visit his cafe earlier because he did not want something unpleasant happened to ruin his moments with Luhan.

 

A warm and nice ambience welcomed Chanyeol and Luhan when they first step to the cafe. Chanyeol was even stunned by the atmosphere making him stop walking for split second. This is the first time Chanyeol visit his own cafe with his mouth a bit hanging from awe. The cafe is not only cozy but also cheerful. It is like you could feel and see the whole beauty of Jeju in a two-floored cafe. People can choose their own interest of place to stay because every corner of the cafe offers different charms of every must-visit places in Jeju-do.

 

"Oh anyeonghaseyo, sajangnim? Welcome to Jeju. Where do you prefer to sit?" a waiter interrupts his thought with a really polite manner. He glad the waiter knows who he is.

 

Chanyeol clears his throat. "I want to have a romantic dinner with my fiancee here."

 

"Then the marvelous Jeonnong-ro will suit you. Could you please follow me, Sajangnim?"

 

Chanyeol and Luhan is lead to a corner on the second floor which shows the gorgeous cherry blossom attractively blended with the dim lights coming from few lampions. Big tables and chairs are replaced by a short and not-so-wide table with few wide pillows to sit on. The place is quite private since there are not many spots. This corner is indeed for couples like him and Luhan.

 

Having ordered the foods and drinks they interested in, Chanyeol asks the waiter to call his manager, Kyungsoo. Chanyeol can see Luhan looking disappointed when the waiter say that his manager has come home earlier because of personal matter. So Chanyeol asks the waiter to inform Kyungsoo that her boss is looking for her.

 

Almost an hour later, at the same time Chanyeol and Luhan finish their dinner, Kyungsoo comes to their table while sitting down on her knees and bowing politely.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Sajangnim, Samonim? Welcome to Jeju-do. Are you having a wonderful time here?" Chanyeol could see Kyungsoo trying to catch her breath. Her skinny body is also a bit shivering. Then Chanyeol noted that the girl only has a white thin shirt and short skirt on her body. Why does she forget to wear her coat?

 

"Definitely, Kyungsoo-ssi. Like you do and everybody else do here." Chanyeol answers in a not-so-friendly manner. "Where have you been? As long as I know, you are responsible for this cafe. So, why are you at somewhere else when you have job to do?"

 

"I'm so sorry, sajangnim. I need to go home earlier because of..."

 

"Personal matter?" Chanyeol cut her off. "Was that more important than this cafe?"

 

Silence.

 

"My father has been wrong to appraise you. I can tell that your efforts here are accepted, but your attitude to leave your duty because of personal matter shows me your unprofessional side. Just make sure next time, there will not be any personal matter which is more important than your duty here."

 

"I understand, sajangnim. I really apologize."

 

Eventhough Kyungsoo bows her head lowly, Chanyeol makes sure that she is able to see him taking Luhan's hand and places soft kiss on it before they leave.

 

~

 

Two days after Chanyeol comes back from Jeju-do, the young CEO found a resignation letter lying neatly on his desk. Kyungsoo then finally gives up to stay. He should be relieved and happy yet he feels his heart shattered in pieces. Invisible pain creep up his soul slowly.

 

 

~

I'm sorry for not updating really soon, I'm going crazy with some stuffs I need to do...