#1: Present

Boomerang

 

Park Chanyeol, the heir and also the big boss of Taste It! cafe and resto, is now standing in front of the mirror in his luxurious apartment. He has to make sure to be the most outstanding person tonight. Oh no, scratch that. He is the most wanted bachelor in Korea so it's confirmed that the tall-like-a-model man IS, stress that, the most outstanding person EVERYTIME even without him trying to be.

 

The 30 year-old man is wearing a pair of black suit with the softest material that looks so dazzling. Instead of combining it with shirt and tie, he chooses the black turtle neck that makes him look even hotter. He diligently styles his black-grey hair all to the back makes him show his pretty forehead off. He is staring at the mirror as if asking it who's the fairest of them all like the queen did in Snow White story. After he is satisfied with himself, he leaves the room with a smirk staying on his handsome face.

 

Tonight is very important night for Chanyeol. He has prepared everything for quite some time. His parents asked him to pick a date to officially announce his serious relationship with his girl. So, today is the 'D' day. It is also the peak of Taste It! 25th anniversary celebration that makes it more special and important. Every important person has been invited including all of the employees.

 

Chanyeol is now on the way to pick his soon to be fiancee up, a beautiful daughter of the biggest electronic company in China. Chanyeol met her about six months ago when both attended the grand opening of a new branch of Taste It! in Macau. Chanyeol's mother, Mrs. Park, seemed to really have a close relationship with Mr. Xi from China and purposely introduce him to Mr. Xi's first daughter, Xi Luhan.

 

The pretty woman had been successfully attracting Chanyeol's attention since the very beginning of his sight landed on the flawless white skin perfected by those Bambi eyes and S-line body. When he heard soft voice flowing melodiously, she hypnotized Chanyeol even more. She was just his type. She actually reminded him of someone in his past life, but Xi Luhan was more way perfect. So Chanyeol decided mentally to make her the love of his life, forgetting some unimportant person.

 

Chanyeol swipes his phone screen that immediately shows a picture of him hugged and kissed by Luhan on his left cheek. He remembers the picture was taken a week ago in the middle of them enjoying their date in Beijing Happy Valley. Luhan is so cute wearing a deer headband so that makes Chanyeol often stares at his phone these days. But this time he opens his gallery just to look for a picture of someone different, a woman to be exact. It's been six months since the last time he got news of her. He chose to do his work as the CEO in Beijing for the last six months. It's just a week of him going back to Korea.

 

Then he finds her, a petite girl dressed in a casual attire. Her long wavy brown hair was covered partially by a birthday hat. Her heart-shaped smile cracked so fondly while holding a chocolate cake written messily of "Happy birthday, Kyungi-ya". He got the picture from Baekhyun's instagram before he went to Macau. He actually doesn't understand himself why he screen-captured this picture. He hates this girl by the way.

 

Chanyeol heaves a sigh. He then whispers softly, "How's life, ex?"

 

~

 

There are flash everywhere. Those news hunters are doing they job well by recording every inch of Park family as the host, especially Chanyeol and his lover. This is not a private party so people from mass media are also welcomed. The event is held in the ballroom of a five-stars hotel, The Shilla Seoul, located in  the heart of Seoul, Jangchungdan-Gil.

 

The interior and people who attends the event scream luxury. Men looks so fabolous in suit and woman perfectly wrapped in dress. However, the attention must be on the prince and his princess, Chanyeol and Luhan who are now standing under the spotlight along with Mr. and Mrs. Park, and also Mr. and Mrs. Xi.

 

"Thank you for coming, my friends." Mr. Park begins his speech. "Tonight is just as precious as the day I started taking the responsibility of Taste It! It's been a long time though but I can still feel the happiness because of those great and loyal people around me. Thank you for all of the reliance towards us."

 

In a sudden, the sounds of hands clapping fill the room. It seems like everybody loves the now 60 year old man. Mr. Park is not only a responsible man but also kind hearted. He is famous by his act in trusting people's ability and appreciating their efforts. That's why the employees only resign for reasonable things or probably retired, never been fired.

 

"I thank you once again. This celebration is definitely for all of you, my partners, colleagues, my employees whom I consider as my family too, and also public as our customers and advertising media." Laughter can be heard then. "Haha.. no, I was kidding. But, seriously Taste it! would have not been this big without public. I thought that I didn't do massive advertisements throughout these 25 years, but people come to us day by day willingly that it's such an honor for us. Thank you, thank you very much."

 

Another hands clapping.

 

"And now, it's time for my youngest son to prepare his shoulders, to willingly give his precious time and thoughts. And I could see now after doing it for almost two years, he's been doing great. Give applause my friends for my one and only Park Chanyeol."

 

This time the hands-clapping even greater than before. People, especially women, are mesmerized by him. What a husband material! He has face, body, talent, charisma, wealth, fame even that y deep voice. How lucky his future wife is!

 

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen." Some women can't hold themselves to squeal hearing that y voice. "I am Chanyeol and it's nice to see you now especially all of the employees of Taste it! Thank you for your hard works these entire times. We're going to continue working together, right?"

 

"Ndeeeeee...." and people give applause once again.

 

"Then before we all enjoy the foods and chatting each other, I have last important announcement. Here, tonight, my son is going to seal his relationship with the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Xi, Ms. Xi Luhan. Come here my dear," Mr. Park added happily.

 

~

 

In a corner of the room, a girl wearing a broken-white simple dress is looking at the scene with indescribable expression. She can see clearly how beautiful the CEO's fiancee. A black-silver floral dress in mermaid style hugs her S-line body perfectly. She lets her black wavy long hair fall on the left side of her chest, contrast with the white skin. The woman is so perfect. Look at those sparkling deer eyes!

 

"Kyungsoo-ya," someone interrupted the girl's thought. It's her best friend though, Byun Baekhyun. "Stop staring at them!"

 

"Ck. Wae? Everybody is staring at them, why couldn't I?" Kyungsoo takes a sip of her orange squash. 

 

"Why should you pay so much attention to your loved one engaged to someone else?"

 

"Baek, he was. He is my ex now. I told you that I cut the relationship off."

 

"But you still love him."

 

"You assumed that."

 

Kyungsoo brings back her attention to the front. The engagement is now over. Her boss, or can she say her ex?, is now wearing the same ring as Xi Luhan's. She thought that she would be that girl who was lucky enough to marry the Park Chanyeol. But fate reminded her that she was just one of those women who dreamt to be a Cinderella. At least, she stopped the dream by herself.

 

"Let's go, Kyungie. We need to enjoy the party. It's not every day we can eat so many delicious food. Woooohooooo... look at that crab." Baekhyun drags Kyungsoo to the food stall. That talkative girl in red plump dress is really something.

 

"Ugh Baek, I wonder why Kris loves you that much while you are eating like a pig. Aaawwww..." Baekhyun pinches Kyungsoo's arm in the middle of her eating the crab without mercy. "It hurts Baekhyun, and disgusting."

 

Kyungsoo pouts her thick lips while rubbing her arm to soothe the pain.

 

"Oh talking about the devil, he's coming here. Stop eating, Bacon!"

 

"Hi, love." Kris pecks Baekhyun on the lips. "You taste like sea. You really know how I fond of beach."

 

"Ewh. You both are disgusting. Now I know the answer of my question before." Kyungsoo snorts. "Baekhyun, didn't you hear Kris said he liked b**ch?"

 

Baekhyun glares at her. Kyungsoo only giggles. Her best friend is really amusing. This is probably one of many reasons Kris, the marketing manajer, falls in love with that CEO's secretary, so did Park Chanyeol back then. Yes, their CEO is also Baekhyun's ex, long before he was with Kyungsoo.

 

"Kyungsoo, can I take Baekhyun for awhile?" Kris asks sounded carefully.

 

"O? Yeah, of course. Take care of that pig. She is disgusting after all." Kyungsoo answers jokingly.

 

"Yak!"

 

"Oke.. oke.. come on, love. I need to show you something. Thank you Kyungsoo." Kris then pull Baekhyun's arm to go somewhere.

 

"Enjoy the party, arasseo? Don't forget to eat more. You're so skinny," are Baekhyun's last words before the couple are engulfed by the crowds.

 

Kyungsoo chuckles. "It's nice to see you all happy Baekhyun. If only I can be like you." She said softly. She then looks to the glass she is holding. "I think I need more drinks."

 

Just when she turns around, she almost bumps onto the Queen, the mother of Park Chanyeol.

 

"Ah. I'm really sorry, Mam. Are you fine? Did I hurt you?" Kyungsoo asks in a panic state without realizing her hands are running on Mrs. Park's body.

 

Mrs. Park snatches Kyungsoo's hands. "What are you doing?" She asks sounded annoyed. "Don't ever run your filthy hands on me."

 

Kyungsoo bows her head low and keeps apologizing. The commotion is not big enough to grab other people's attention. However, it's still embarrassing to get into trouble with the owner of your workplace.

 

Mrs. Park then walks passing her but stops for awhile only to make Kyungsoo feel more miserable.

 

"Listen. I know you have the same right with the other employees to come here. But, would you do me a favor to go now? To be honest I don't like to see you here and I don't want my son to see you too. You're going to ruin his happiness for tonight. I really appreciate if you would."

 

Kyungsoo is trying to hold her tears. It's in public and she won't let herself cry in public. She is squeezing her sweaty hands to control her emotion. It's not the first time Mrs. Park acts harshly towards her so she should be adjusted by it. She takes a deep breath then sighs. She knows Mrs. Park behaving like that is because of the trouble she did with her beloved son. It's natural of a mother to feel hurt too when her son was being hurt, even to hate the culprit.

 

Kyungsoo looks around. Ah, whatever! She needs some fresh air now.

 

~

 

Kyungsoo is sitting down on a sofa a bit far from the ballroom waiting herself to calm down. She leans her body and closes her eyes. She is going home but some pain hits her head so she needs to wait for the headache at least lessen. Is it because too crowded inside there?

 

"So, you still work in the company."

 

A voice shocked her, makes her squint while adjusting her sights with the dim light around.

 

"How's life, Kyungsoo-ssi?" the man continue. Kyungsoo now can see her boss is sitting down across.

 

"Ah, annyeonghaseyo, Sajangnim." Kyungsoo greets her boss and bows politely. "I'm doing fine."

 

Silence.

 

"Why... why are you here, Sajangnim? Aren't you supposed to be in the ballroom?"

 

"And why are you here either? Aren't you supposed to be in the party? My father said the party is also for employees."

 

"Oh, that's... I'm going home actually. I feel a bit unwell."

 

"Really? You told me you're doing fine."

 

"Mmm... that's..."

 

"Where is you companion? Are you going here alone?"

 

"I-I was with Baekhyun but she needs to talk with Kris."

 

"Of course she will be with her boyfriend. Why were you being the third wheel? Where is your boyfriend?"

 

Kyungsoo feels the question is getting private and she doesn't like it. "Excuse me, Sajangnim. I think that question..."

 

"I asked you where is your boyfriend?" Chanyeol repeats his question in more demanding tone.

 

Kyungsoo looks at her lap. "I don't have one, Sajangnim."

 

Chanyeol scoffs. "Are you kidding me? Why don't you have one? Nobody asks you out?"

 

Silence.

 

"I told you, Kyungsoo. You would regret your damn decision. Nobody would ever love you like I did. Nobody asks you to be their lover if it's not me. Now, since you're stubborn enough to dump me from your life, this is what you get. And as for me, you can see that happiness and love hug me even tighter through a Chinese angel. Just enjoy your life, Kyungsoo-ssi."

 

Kyungsoo can see from the corner of her eyes Chanyeol leaving her, probably going back to what he called happiness and love. Chanyeol is right after all. No one will ever love her, even Chanyeol himself. He is miserably sick. Literally. She then can't stand for the pain in her heart anymore. Slowly, her chubby cheeks are touched by tears.

 

~

 

안녕하세요 친구들? Chapter 1 is up so hopefully it doesn't make your expectation down for this story. I tried my best though. Thanks for the nice comments guys, I need a lot of them by the way. Have a nice reading 😆