Loving him

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      Although boring, waiting backstage is perhaps one of Mark’s favourite things to do. Firstly, he is bubbling with excitement because they are going to perform, all that nervous energy that makes him feel like he could do ten back flips in a row. Performing on stage has to be his favourite thing on the world, but waiting for that moment is a very close one.

It’s not only because of how thrilling it is, even as exhausting as performing and training, but also because they are all together. The seven of them are waiting together, killing time. Some sleep, some play games, some warm up, some just do stupid things. Like that time they played paper, rock, scissors with the punishment of flicking the loser’s forearm. Youngjae’s skin was red and swollen after that, but the boy couldn’t stop laughing all the time, in that loud and contagious way that’s his trademark.

To be honest, Mark always enjoys his time with his band members and best friends. He loves them all so much, he’s always happy and comforted when he’s with them.

Being a foreign isn’t easy, having his family so far away is definitely too hard. He misses his parents, his siblings, his home, but he’s never truly felt lonely because he’s always had the other six members of GOT7. His family, too. Mark has never forced a smile, because they make him happy, they make him laugh and be thankful for having been put in the group.

Even if it’s hard, even if it’s exhausting and sometimes he feels like quitting and wanting to go running back home, it’s worth it at the end of the day. He gets to share his happiness for performing on stage with the other six, crying and laughing together, worrying for each other. Mark feels truly loved, just like he loves them back.

GOT7 is a blessing in his life.

That’s why he loves waiting backstage, too, even if it can be boring for some. He enjoys sharing even that with his best friends knowing soon they’ll be on stage, dancing, singing while fans cheer and do their chants that always echo around and make him feel powerful, invincible.

Mark is really blessed.

Another big reason why Mark loves waiting back stage is because he gets time with Jackson without being monitored. Without fans screaming if they get close or whatever. They can relax and be natural and enjoy those hours before performing. It’s the most he gets to spend with the younger lately, and of course Marks takes whatever he can.

Somehow, like being pulled by gravity, Mark always dances his way next to Jackson, wanting to hear whatever story he is talking about, babbling and gesturing excitedly as he goes on and on. Mark loves hearing Jackson talk, when he laughs in between and seeing that sparkle in his eyes when he watches the other person losing their and laughing so hard they cry. Mark loves seeing that pride and satisfaction in Jackson’s eyes as he waits to continue his story.

Mark could watch him like that forever, that little smile that is just so precious.

Without noticing it, Mark always gets closer to Jackson, even if he begins at the other end of the sofa, somehow, he scoots closer. Jackson always reacts naturally, welcoming him next to him and shifting enough to get more comfortable around each other, his hand resting heavy on Mark’s thigh, but oh so comforting. He doesn’t stop talking, but receives Mark next to him and the older loves that, how natural it is to be next to Jackson. The older wraps his arms around Jackson’s waist and rests his chin on his shoulder, still listening to him talk gleefully, flapping his hands like a little bird while totally getting the person in front’s attention. 

Mark closes his eyes and just listens to Jackson talk, feeling the way his muscles move in his abdomen, under Mark’s fingertips. He feels in his own chest against Jackson’s side the vibrations of his voice travelling down his throat and to Mark, and it’s like Jackson were purring for him.

Why is always so warm next to Jackson? That kind of warm that makes you want to curl in bed and stay there forever. Like a cup of hot chocolate in a rainy day by the fire.

The older boy doesn’t even realise when he dozes off, too comfortable and warm wrapped around Jackson. Not even the loud laughter and spams of Jackson while laughing bothered him, it’s Jackson’s hand patting his thigh that stirs him and forces him to open his eyes.

“Tired or was my story that boring?” Jackson asks, smiling kindly at him.

At what point did Jackson lean back and led Mark to cuddle almost on top of him? Not that Mark is complaining, plus, through his still foggy eyes because of sleep he realises that all of Jackson’s attention is on him now.

The older boy stirs a bit, stretching like a cat before cuddling up to Jackson again, even throwing a leg around the younger’s lap. It really looks like Mark is curled around his friend, like an octopus, just with half the limbs but as tightly as one.

“I guess I’m more tired than I expected and you’re just so warm and comfortable, I can’t help it,” Mark smiles, loving the way Jackson wraps his arm around his shoulders, keeping him close.

“Is that your way to tell me my stories are so boring that can’t keep you awake? But in a nice way?” 

Mark can’t help chuckling when he sees Jackson’s suspicious stare, but he can also see how the younger is fighting to keep the straight face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter