Accidents

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       Injuries aren’t an uncommon thing for idols. In fact, they are too common. They push themselves to the limit and beyond, hiding any discomfort and pain while keeping the smile on their faces for as long as they are in front of the audience.

Until very recently, Jaebum couldn’t even be with them while performing. It had been such a hard thing to do, going on stage without their leader because he just couldn’t perform. They were all worried sick even if they knew Jaebum was fine and getting his rehab properly, working hard to be back with them. The stage felt empty without him, his voice and his guidance. 

Incredibly how seven guys feel like too much on stage at first and then when one is missing it’s like they don’t know what to do with that space and when the spotlight is on that empty spot, that same emptiness resonates in their hearts.

Mark wishes, fervently, that no one ever again injures so badly in GOT7, that no one has to be taken away like Jaebum was, in such agony, holding his back while doing his best to keep the groaning to himself. Jaebum had been injured before, after that episode of Running Man but it just required a few weeks in a cast and that was it. Mark had never felt that cold fear in his veins like when they were told exactly what had happened to their leader’s spine discs. It sounded horrible and they all knew Jaebum was in a lot of pain, so they tried doing anything to help their leader who even in his condition couldn’t leave them alone.

All of them loved and respected Jaebum, but after that day when he still showed up at the concert, bowed ninety degrees and apologised to everyone, their respect for GOT7’s leader grew to unmeasurable levels.

Mark now lives with a fear that an injury keeps one of them away, indefinitely or even for a long period of time. It’s okay and bearable if they can still be together, even on a stool and just dancing with their hands, as long as they are there. The eldest in the group doesn’t ever want to feel such fear that they might not have one back, that one can’t be with them because he’s in so much pain.

It’s such a horrifying feeling and he doesn’t want to ever experience it.

Please, everyone stay safe.

But accidents are a common thing when idols go to such extents, when they perform with few hours sleep after days and days of running without a proper break. They might be idols and have to keep the perfect facade in front of cameras, but they are just humans. Most of them still so young. They aren't invincible and they get so tired, to the point they forget the lyrics or screw up during the choreography, having trouble with the return sound or bump against each other. It happens, they all have experienced it, but that doesn’t mean they don’t get awfully worried when it occurs. When they see a nearly accident on stage, when it actually looks serious and not just an oops-I-almost-fell. 

They are all so tired.

And Mark worries so much when Jackson forgets his lyrics, something that they have performed time and time again to the point it comes more naturally than breathing. The fact he forgot them means he’s really having trouble concentrating or his mind is just too overwhelmed.

Mark also forgets lyrics in his own worry because he can also see how Jackson fights his own disappointment and disapproval for his mistake, yet he smiles reassuringly at Mark when he does. 

It’s not fair.

However, that’s nothing compared to the fear Mark feels when he sees Jackson failing a trick. It scares him so much his heart stops and he can’t breath for a whole second until he sees Jackson is fine, smiling sheepishly and not badly injured.

Mark always freaks out when Jackson gets injured, feeling the pain himself and desperate to do anything, even if Jackson reassures him it’s nothing. But the fact Jackson insists it’s nothing worries Mark the most because when it’s actually nothing Jackson whines like a baby.

Like that time he somehow got a wound on his fingers and was all pouty to BamBam, who couldn’t even see the blood on his knuckles. But Mark did and brought a towel for Jackson, in the most discreet way to help. They were on stage, it wasn’t like he could kiss the wound or anything.

Now, when Mark sees Jackson failing the flip, he wants to run; damned be the rest, just to make sure Jackson is fine. Thank goodness he is. Nothing bad really happened but Mark’s heart is at edge for the rest of the concert. Jackson looks fine but that doesn’t mean he didn’t sprain it or that it doesn't hurt. 

A few times, during the rest of the concert, he asks Jackson if he’s okay to which the younger always replies affirmative and begs Mark not to worry. Mark d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter