Septem

Quattuor

Throx.

 

Lately, Chanyeol has been having trouble sleeping.

Everytime it seems like he’s succeding in getting a nice decent sleep, the voice would haunt him. It grows more vivid day by day, and after it follows a dream. The dream was not any better. In it there are faces of people that he doesn’t recognize, blast of powers that he never knew about, and war. A war of many forces and many creatures.

He would wake up, sweating and breathing hard. Then it somehow comes to the point that he’s afraid to sleep. He’s afraid of hearing the voice, of seeing the dream.

Chanyeol is very rarely afraid. Even, he doesn’t remember ever being afraid, except for the first time when he found out about this… power he has. This… bizzare ability.

When he was eight, Chanyeol found out that he has the ability to produce fire.

Of course, no one but him knows about it. And after some time Chanyeol has learned to take comfort in the presence of fire. He’s intolerant to heat, in fact, his own body heat is higher than the usual human body temperature. But Chanyeol doesn’t mind, he never minds. He had learned the comfort of having his fire. EverytimeChanyeol gets agitated, he would bring out his fire. Just watching it glow in his palm can calm him down. It can relax him whenever he’s stressing out.

But nowadays, producing fire only brings him an unfamiliar feeling. Something tugs inside him, wanting to get out, wanting to take over him. He got scared again at this and stopped. Chanyeol is very annoyed at his scared feeling. He doesn’t like it. It makes him feel vulnerable.

Chanyeol’s usually empty mind is full of thoughts and doubts as he walked through the slum, towards his workplace.

When he reached the backdoor he let his thoughts disperse. For now, he only needs to focus on his job first. After several days of quiet days, the club has finally gain back it’s glorious, busy day. Chanyeol had thought that maybe it’s because of the ‘Crows’ that he had overheard his costumers talking about. It didn’t appear on the news, and he himself never really saw the real thing, only hearing it from the constant conversation of his costumers, so he’s not really sure about it’s validity. But because the quietness of the club only last for around three days, he figured that the government must’ve taken care of it already.

Now, the mood seems festive in Chanyeol’s eyes. The music seems to sound louder than usual, the lightings seem to be brighter than usual, and the people seem to be more… high than usual.

For hours, Chanyeol’s nimble hands move to mix all kind of alcohols, serving his costumers with top quality drinks. The club was so alive that it might as well look like the night is never going to end. Like night and day doesn’t matter. All that matters is just the piercing metallic lights in the club and the loud thumping music. But for Chanyeol, it does end.

At the hour between midnight and dawn, Chanyeol finished his shift, and slipped himself away from behind the bar.

 

What Chanyeol saw when he entered the staff room, was beyond anything he has ever seen, he stopped frozen in his track.

 

There, sitting on the worn-out couch is a e. But she’s not really sitting there and smoke like what Chanyeol usually saw them es do when they’re in the staff room. Her head was thrown back, and the black of her eyes are gone, showing only the whites, with veins popping out of it. The veins were black and rotten. Her skin was pale, and her lips no longer possess it’s normal color. Both of her hands were gripping the couch, and Chanyeol can somehow hear the fabric nearly tearing apart.

And on top of her, a man… no, a form, was the air out of her. Literally.

Chanyeol never before saw a person’s soul, but somehow he knows that it is the woman’s soul that the form was .

The form was almost human, if not for it’s claw-ish, seemingly rotten hands. The form seemed to be smaller than normal human would be too, and it’s body is bent, almost creating the perfect letter c. The most terrible part of its body though, Chanyeol can never forget, is what seems to be its head. It is shaped like an upside-down egg, and what makes them different is that the color of it is pitch black. Somehow it was like a vortex, trying to draw him in and grab his own soul. The only thing that is on its head is only a crescent-shaped slit, that Chanyeol concluded must be its mouth, as the woman’s soul was into it.

Chanyeol can’t seem to bear to look at the thing’s head even for another second for fear that his soul himself would be by it. But just when Chanyeol was going to retreat, the creature closed its mouth, and faced him. By then Chanyeol can already feel his pupils dilating and his entire body shaking. He can feel the sweat going down his back. He silently prayed for his life, when the creature then shrieked and spread its wings that Chanyeol didn’t notice before.

Just when Chanyeol thought that his life is going to end, the creature fled the other way, through the backdoor, into the artificial starry sky.

 

Then Chanyeol’s vision blackened, and he collapsed onto the cold floor.

 

 


 

 

Melkyr.

 

For the last few days, letters keep on coming to their village. Particularly directed to him. Most of the letters are sent from the west, where the storm has been hitting for the last week. Some of the letters are sent from the east, where the firestorm has also been hitting for the last week. Surprisingly, he can even find several letters sent from the north, where the snowstorm has also been hitting harsh.

The world, for the past week, has been thrown in a chaos.

Aids were sent, from one part of the world to the other, all of them trying to fight against the storm. If the storm keeps on going like this, they all wouldn’t last for another two weeks. The council was thrown into a panic, all of them worrying what will become of their world. Those gifted with magical abilities try their best everyday to fend of the storm and minimalize the damage. The farmers and the cooks try their very best to get enough resources for everyone to eat. Seers from each part of the world were deployed to see the end to the chaos.

Yet, the storms and the disasters only grows day by day, getting stronger and stronger no matter what they do.

Reading the letter from the east, a letter of gratefulness towards the aid that he had sent to the kingdom to help with the firestorm, didn’t make him feel any better. He learned from the letter that a house would have been burned down if it’s not for the people that he had sent there. The letter only helps in growing his headache.

Just in time, a knock reverbrated from the door of his workroom and seconds later Jongdae saw his mom coming in, bringing along a cup of warm herbal drink.

She smiled, putting the cup down in front of him, the steam coming off nicely out of it. Jongdae smiled back in return, before letting himself take a sip. The warm liquid travelled down his throat, and Jongdae soon find his headache dying down, and also find himself calming down. How he loves his mother so much. His mother is no seer but she would always know what Jongdae is feeling. And on a time like this, when Jongdae got stressed out from all the work of the village’s leader, she would bring him a cup of warm herbal drink to soothe him down.

“Feeling okay son?”

“Thanks to you, mother,” Jongdae smiled, the corner of his lips curling nicely.

“You know maybe it’ll be good to come out for a bit? Get some fresh air while you can. Who knows when the sea is going to rage on again?”

Jongdae took the advice gladly. He knows today is an exceptionally sunny day after all those raging storms and sea wraths. He ponder only for no more than a second, before he decided that he might as well take some very needed fresh air. Stay in his room one minute longer, reading all of those letters, and he’s sure his head is going to explode from all the pressure.

 

 

Minutes later Jongdae found himself walking along the shore, enjoying the cool breeze and the salty scent of the sea. The sound of the calm wave is music to his ears, and he just want to cry so bad for finally being able to see the calm and beautiful sea again. He can’t help but hope that maybe today is the end of those series of storms. Maybe today, everything will go back to normal, the way they used to be days ago.

He had just sat on the dead tree skull lying on the beach when he heard footsteps approaching him. His friend-slash-unofficial secretary was running towards him, holding a seashell in her hand.

That can’t be good.

“Good,” Luna panted from all her running.

“What is?”

“That I found you here. This is urgent. It’s a message from King Tritan,” her words were chopped up, as a result of her running there.

Jongdae then can’t help but to heave a sigh. An urgent message even on a nice, sunny day.And to think that he had just hoped that this would be the beginning of the once again calm weather.Seems like he had too many wishful thinking on his side.

“Let’s see it then.”

Luna nodded, straightening herself before giving Jongdae the seashell that she was holding. Jongdae held it on her palm, towards the sea, as it started to glow a faint turquoise light. He then threw it to the ocean, where the light seemed to brighten as it got nearer to the water. The glow was still visible even as the seashell sank into the sea, before it finally dimmed and disappeared. Seconds later a bubble emerged from the surface, floating up until it’s nicely inside of Jongdae’s line of vision.

A form then appeared, showing a buff man with wide shoulder. He has a pair of shocking blue eyes, seeming to reflect the ocean itself, and brown colored hair with streaks of grey. There’s a majestic crown on top of his head and he seems to carry around a wise and powerful aura. Indeed, he’s King Tritan himself, the King of the Underwater Kingdom.

Herla, respected companion. I have heard all the happenings in the land world, and with all due respect, I offer my condolences for all the misfortunes and loss,” The King stopped, casting his eyes down for a second before continuing again, “I also know that today is the most awaited ‘good day’ there on land, and I really hate to be delivering you this message, but I am afraid that there is nothing that I can do on this matter.”

Jongdae let out the breath he didn’t realize he was holding.

“I am afraid there is an upcoming danger for the Underwater Kingdom. Two days ago we received a letter of shadow, that contained threats for the kingdom. Since that day too, the water’s condition started to change. The change in the condition of the water, therefore, have been affecting us merpeople and other creatures of the sea, including the plants and anemones. I was hoping you can come here to discuss this matter with us, but as the land have its own alarming matters right now, so I will only hope that you can send a representative in your place.  I believe that is all that I can deliver for now. I do hope for your aid to come. Lorye.

King Tritan’s image fades, and the bubble pops. From the corner of his eye Jongdae can see Luna looking at him with expectant eyes.

“Luna, would you inform Mr. Li and Fei about the message? Tell them I’ll be waiting in the village hall.”

Luna nodded, turning back to the way she came from. As Jongdae watched Luna’s back, getting farther and farther, he can’t help but sigh.

What is happening with the world?

 

 

 

 

.....

GUYS!!! I'm finally back after months and months of not updating!

First of all I want to say that I'm really sorry, since many things have been happening, especially at school. Aside from that I was sick for quite a long time so I lost a lot of my time that I usually use to write. Anyway, I'm back here again and I hope I can update this story frequently like I used to do before, and do tell me if there are any mistakes in this. Do comment and subscrjbe if you like this story! Your comments especially will be very appreciated (and it help motivate me to keep on writing this!).

See you next chapter! XD