S.ex

Quattuor

Synxis.

 

The last  six months, Yixing has been studying and practicing diligently. He had chosen to be a healer, not only literally, but also technically. He had went to the best master of herbs and potions in his village, training to be a professional healer.

After six months of hard work and dedication, he finally got his first holiday. He was given a full month to rest and catch up with his friends and family, so after spending a week in his family's house, he packed up and went to the neighboring village, deciding to pay his best friends a visit.

Yixing has since long decided that he's going to be a healer. He values life above everything, and he also loves his ability on top of that. When he was a child, merely three years old, he had injured himself playing. His grandmother was frantic when he got a big, nasty scar on his forearm, and immediately ran to inspect the wound. But by the time his grandmother arrived, the wound was nothing more but just a white gash, and after seconds it vanished.

His skin was clear and healthy, like he had never injured himself before. Like he didn't just scratch his forearm with the sharp tree branch. After future inspection and much thinking, his grandmother told him that he's got a peculiar power to heal.And then he found out soon after that not only can he recover very quickly from injury, but he also have the power to actually heal other living things. For example that one time when he made a trampled flower in the garden came blooming back, healthy and beautiful.

He values life and has the ability to heal, great reasons for him to be a healer.

The only ones who know about his ability are his family, which consists of his grandparents and his mother (and their family's butler), and his two best friends, Minseok and his little sister Sohee.

Minseok, like him, actually also has a peculiar ability himself. He has the ability to freeze and also controlling the ice. The first time Yixing met Minseok, his ability was still a little bit out of control, and he tends to freeze things under different circumstances. For instance, Yixing himself found out about Minseok’s ability after Minseok managed to froze the lake by sneezing. And Minseok himself, found out about his ability after he froze the lake when he got upset on his birthday.

Despite the out of control ability though, Minseok was keen on wanting to completely master his peculiar ability, so he trained on his spare time and has been improving greatly the last few years. Now, Minseok can even make snowflakes out of the air.

The last five days that Yixing has spent in the village has been nice, Minseok showed him a lot of new tricks he can do with his ability, and also accompany him most of the time, greeting every villagers that they pass by and also helping Mrs. Beth in the market, or helping Mr. Joe in the farm. While Sohee, that sweet girl, has found a new hobby in baking. She works in a bakery in town, and brings home cakes everyday for Yixing and Minseok. Yixing loves sweets.

Aside from his activities around town, the other thing that Yixing enjoys the most was of course, paying a visit to the huge lake of the village.

The huge lake was actually the border of three areas in their world, the human’s villages, which was the largest one, the fairy’s garden, and the dragon’s nest. Yes, Synxis is occupied by three different races. Although, Yixing is not sure whether the dragons still exist or no. It has been more than a hundred years since the last dragon was spotted, so their existence from then on turns into a mystery. But no one dares to confirm anything, because dragons used to feast on humans, when they were still pretty much the ruler of the world.

Humans’ relation with the fairies, on the other hand, are not pretty good itself. There are no recorded conflict nor war between the two, but they are not exactly on good terms too. They just prefer to stay away from each other.

Which is probably why the beautiful glittering lake is mostly empty most of the time. People don’t really go there to watch the sunset or have picnics, and only children enjoys the lake, playing around in the grassfield surrounding it or taking a swim in the fresh water.

Fairies sometimes come to the lake, to take a quick dip or to collect water, but that’s it.

Most of the time, Yixing, Minseok and Sohee would have their private time by the lake, and Yixing loves swimming, so he loves spending time near the lake, or swimming in it himself. In fact, he was very excited for it to reach three o’clock, as the three of them have planned to take a swim. Actually they originally had wanted to swim two days ago, but when they went there they stumbled upon a bunch of fairies playing in the water, so they cancelled their plan. To make up for it, today they will not only swim in the lake, but Sohee will also bring food, so they can have a nice afternoon picnic.

 

As his thoughts fly away, Yixing entered the inn, having decided earlier this morning that he’s going to eat the inn’s specialty soup. Minseok has told him this morning that he won’t be able to accompany Yixing for the day today, and had recommended that Yixing eat lunch in the inn.

“Their specialty soup is very good!” said he.

Yixing sat on one of the empty tables, ordering the soup and a glass of tea to the waitress.

He was still recalling his days in the village, and also planning on what he’s going to do for the rest of his holiday as he waited for his food, when he overheard the two men sitting on the table next to his.

“Have you heard?” asked the man with jet black hair.

“Heard what?” his companion, with blonde hair contrasting from him, asked.

“That rumour about the epidemic outbreak.”

“What? Is there some kind of a dangerous illness?”

The blonde haired man looked stress, and a bit of the color has been drained from his face.

“Well, I don’t know much about it myself, I’ve only heard some of it from the grapevines,” black haired man paused.

“What happens?”

“So… apparently two days ago one of the fairy’s wings turned black, and then he changed. I’m not sure what he changes into and all, but from what I heard he became wild.”

“Like, the animal kind of wild?” the blonde raised his eyebrows.

“Yeah, he turned animal-like. He trashed around and eventually hurt a lot of fairies. And then those fairies that were injured by him changed too.”

“It’s like they got contaminated…” the blonde haired man now scrunched his eyebrows.

“Exactly,” the black haired man nodded in response.

By this, Yixing frowned.

 

Two days ago was when he saw the fairies playing and swimming in the lake. But by then, they seemed quite fine. It didn’t seem like they were experiencing a dangerous epidemic outbreak.

Or, could it be it has something to do with the lake?

He was trying to recall the scene he saw two days ago, but they came a little bit hazy as Yixing is quite the forgetful person. Fortunately the waitress comes and deliver his soup, before his frown can deepen. Yixing’s stomach then growl, and he decided to put that thought aside for now. He’s hungry, and the soup smells really good.

It tastes good too.

 

 


 

 

“How is it, Yixing?” Minseok looked at his excited sister, his mouth still full of cake.

“It’s very delicious!” And then he looked at his equally excited friend.

They were sitting by the side of the lake, under the shade of a big oak tree. They had originally planned to swim first before eating, but his little sister insist they at least eat the still-warm cake that she had just made first. It was indeed still warm, and it compliments the cake’s taste greatly. For the past few months, after Sohee started working in the market’s bakery, she always managed to bring home some freshly-baked sweets. Sometimes cakes, sometimes bread, and on some rare days, meatbuns. Minseok loves bread, and he extremely loves meatbuns. But it appears that his friend Yixing loves cakes more, so for the past few days Sohee has been bringing home dozens of cakes for them to eat.

Today, it’s a lemon cake.

They stuffed themselves with the cake, and after their second slice, they decided to leave the rest for after swimming. Sohee had decided that she’s not going to swim today,Minseok has noted that his sister has decided to bring a book with her. Which is quite rare, because Sohee very rarely reads, but he shrugs it off.

 

Minseok and Yixing plunged into the water, splashing the dry grass along the edge of the lake with fresh water. Both of them raced towards the middle of the lake, where the bottom plummets into a huge hole, the bottom of it decorated nicely with all kinds of plants. They call it the garden of the lake, and it has been their habit to visit the place whenever they swim. Minseok doesn’t mind visiting the place over and over again. Instead, he can never get enough of the beauty of it.

All the different shapes and colors clashing with each other, creating a lush garden of flowers and leafs. Minseok can sometimes even see those flowers practically glowing in the corner of his eyes. Whether it’s merely an illusion that the flowers created or it’s real, Minseok doesn’t know, and he doesn’t bother to find out.

He surfaced, Yixingfollowing him seconds later.

“The fairies we saw yesterday, weren’t they playing near here too?” It was a sudden question, but Minseok answered him anyway, “yeah, if I remember right, I saw one of them carrying around a flower from the garden.”

Yixing hummed.

“Why? Is something wrong?”

Yixing frowned, for a while he seemed like he was calculating whether or not to tell Minseok what’s concerning him.

“Let’s just take a look at the garden,” Yixing shook it off with a dimpled smile and dove back in.

Minseok was the one who followed after him this time.

 

As they entered the hole to where the garden is, they first paid a visit to a herd of rainbowfish. They are round fish, their scales the color of rainbow. They seem to be changing color everytime and Minseok always found it hard to focus on their scales. One second they are the color of the blue sky and the next they are the color of the darkest pit of the underworld. One second they are a soft shade of red and the next they are a shade of green, as green as the trees. They are magical creatures, and although small in size, merely eight inches at most, they are extraordinarily beautiful. One of the many reasons leading to Minseok’s fondness of the lake. For they can only be found there, you see.

Yixing tapped one of the rainbowfish, closing his eyes as the fish faced both of them. Minseok did the same, and seconds later, he found himself breathing inside an air bubble. It is one of the fish’ ability.They  create air bubbles for humans to breathe in when they pay a visit to the garden.

It is a shame indeed that not many people know about it’s existence. The garden is like a general secret to the villagers, but as time passed by, they too also started to forget about the beautiful garden. Not many people pay a visit to the lake at the first place, not that they dare to, as the lake acted as a border of the world. Some still holds the belief that if they got to close to the other end that is supposedly the dragon’s nest, they’ll get eaten.

Yixing tugged his hand, urging him to go forward, and he did. Together, they dove towards the bottom.

As they dove though, a chill ran down his body. It’s a weird feeling, as the garden usually gives him the feeling of serenity rather than a chill. It feels like something is terribly wrong. Minseok can feel his body getting weaker the closer they got to the bottom. Either that, or the water is slowing him down. He looked at Yixing, and he can see that his friend is also having a hard time himself. Instead, Yixing’s condition seemed to be worse than him. His eyes are twitching, like he’s trying hard to keep it open, and Minseok can feel his friend’s body temperature dropping.

Then Yixing stopped diving. He choked and put a hand to his head. Minseok panicked and stopped diving to see what is wrong with his friend when something flashed in the corner of his eye.

Minseok looked down, and flinched when he saw the thing. It was a pitch black flower, nestled in the middle of a bush. It seemed to be glowing by itself, beckoning Minseok to get closer, telling him to touch it, but at the same time going near it is also making him weak. Almost like he’s losing control of his own body.

And then he heard loud gasp from his side and he snapped back to reality. Slowly he gained back his strength and he looked at Yixing, who is now breathing hard, shaking his head as if trying to shake a nightmare out of his mind. Minseok gripped his friend’s hand, and then he swam up, towards the surface.

 

 

 

 

.....

I'm finally back from my vacation and here is an update for you guys! haha

And whoops, troubles are finally erupting here in the worlds, wonder what's going to happen next...

If you like this story please do subscribe! XD and don't forget to leave your comments too, I'll give you lots of love!