Nayeon's Fortune

Online Class
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon’s POV.

 

*kring kring kring*

Her alarm started to ring and it automatically followed by a gentle knock on her door.

“Miss, your breakfast is ready.”

Nayeon, still in a sleepy state, had no choice but to wake up and force her dead body to live. Well, because breakfast is the only time that she get to see her mother and father. Her parents had the same routine everyday, eat breakfast in the morning, won’t finish the breakfast and leave, went home very late and repeat. But hey she loves her mother and father and they are great parents, she just wishes that they could spend more time with her.

She got up from her bed, washed her face, and rushed to the kitchen to join her parents.

“Oh, Nayeon, goodmorning darling.” Her mom said, while pulling the chair to sit.

“Morning mom. What’s our breakfast for today?” Nayeon said. Taking a seat opposite to her mom.

“Well, let me see.” When a man suddenly appeared in the kitchen.

“Omo! Dad! You’re here!” Nayeon said excitedly, running to her dad and giving a hug.

“Oooh! Wait---“ Her dad said, stepping backward, and lifting the bowl in her hand trying to keep away from Nayeon’s hug.

“Let me just put this down.” Nayeon pouted. Her dad put the food on the table then opened her arms to invite Nayeon’s hug. She immediately hugged her.

3 girls wearing a uniform suddenly appeared. 1 of them was pushing a trolley with plates, spoons, forks and cups while the other one is setting them on the table. The other one is pushing another trolley with the food on it and setting it on the table. A guy appeared and handed a newspaper to Nayeon’s dad.

“Sir, here’s the newspaper.” The guy said.

Nayeon’s dad was about to take the newspaper but then he looked at him and asked, “Office called?” The guy nodded.

“At this time?”

“Sorry sir.“

Nayeon’s dad sighed, and looked at Nayeon who smiled at her.

“It’s okay dad.” He smiled and felt guilty. “This will only be a few minutes.” And he kissed Nayeon’s head  before he left the kitchen.

Nayeon turned to her mother, and a woman approached to her mom and handed a paper. The moment that woman appears, she knows that her mom has to leave too. She looked at it then handed it to Nayeon.

“Oh darling, here’s your schedule for this semester.” Nayeon took the paper. “You’re leaving right now too?”

“I’m sorry darling.” Her mom tried to smile.

“It’s okay mom.” Nayeon forced her smile, covering her disappointment. Her mom only had 2 bites of pancake and a sip of coffee, and her dad barely touch his food. Her mom stood up and approached her, kissed her forehead. “I’ll call you later for lunch. Love you.” Nayeon nodded and her mom left the kitchen. Her fathe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter