Prompt 2

Yoonmin Collection

Prompt: soulmates! Au

Word Count: 1121


 

Jimin watches in amazement at how wonderful the world is.

 

He sees a few couples holding hands as they walk to their favorite hangouts or go in their dates for the day, their fingers intertwined. Jimin doesn’t see this but he knows there’s a red string connecting their fingers – a sign that they’re meant to be together. A sign that they are soulmates.

 

A red string shows up in your life at a random age and when it appears, it is your duty to follow it and see the person where it’ll end up. There is an unspoken rule that you cannot cut the string and that it will only lead into grave consequences. One time, Jimin saw a news about a man cutting the string when it appeared on his finger. And since he loved someone else that time, he did it not knowing that when doing so will end the life of his soulmate. Once your soulmate dies, depression envelops you until all you could think of is being in the same place as your soulmate. Everyone knows that fact.

 

And so everyone expected for the man to die two weeks later.

 

Jimin doesn’t want that to happen to him. He wants to have a romance like his parents. He wants to have a romance like his friends have. Speaking of them, from where he is sitting in their favorite coffee shop, he can see said friends walking towards him.

 

“Jimin, hey.” Jungkook sits in front of him with a smile. Taehyung follows and sniffles, a black mask covering his lower part of the face. “Taehyung’s got a mad case of runny nose.” He smiles fondly at his soulmate. “I bet I’ll have that after six days. You know how the string works.”

 

Jimin tilts his head. “What color is it?”

 

Taehyung lifts his pinky. “It’s blue.”

 

“Ah,” Jimin grimaces. “You shouldn’t have come here to meet up. You could’ve just stayed in bed.”

 

Taehyung pouts. Jungkook laughs. “That could be an option later. We’ll just have to order chicken for movie night. Would that be okay?”

 

Jimin laughs and watches as Jungkook stands up on his sit to go to the counter to order. He eyes the younger’s pinky finger and wonders what the string looks like. But he knows no matter how much he wished he could see the string, he can’t, because he knows the only one who can see it is them. If he wants to see the string, he’ll just have to wait for his to appear.

 

“Don’t worry. You’ll see yours soon, Jiminnie.” Taehyung chuckles.

 

Jimin nods. “I hope so, too.”

 

 

 

 

 

His red string appeared two weeks after that.

 

Jimin’s eyes went wide at the sight of the thin string wrapped around his pinky finger. He gulps hard and tries to fight the urge to cry because ing hell, it’s here. He can finally meet his soulmate! He quickly jumps off the bed and dials Taehyung’s number.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“It appeared!”

 

 

 

 

 

“You know, we shouldn’t skip Professor Min’s class. If there’s one thing he hates the most it’s skipping his class.” Taehyung whispers as he continues to drive to god knows where Jimin is pointing. Jimin laughs in response and looks at his pinky endearingly.

 

“But I’m on a special mission, Taehyung.” Jimin beams. “This is more important. Plus, you owe me loser. I skipped his class too once because you want me to accompany you in meeting Jungkook.”

 

Taehyung remembers that time and just waves his hand dismissal. “Fine, fine. But after this, I don’t owe you anymore.” He turns to the left when Jimin points to the other direction. Taehyung furrows his brows in confusion. “You know, we went on this adventure to skip class but…”

 

“But?”

 

“How come we’re going to the direction of the university?”

 

Jimin looks at his surroundings then his eyes went wide. “What?”

 

True enough, Taehyung parked his car in the parking lot of the school and looks around the campus. “We’re here.” He closes the car door, rounds up and peeks at Jimin in the open window. “Your string just turn us in circles. Turns out Mr. Soulmate is actually a student here, huh?”

 

Jimin eyes sparkled, startling Taehyung. “This is perfect, Taehyung!” He beams. “For all I know we were classmates back at freshmen year and I have no idea.”

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes and sighs.

 

 

 

 

 

The ing string took them in Professor Min’s class.

 

Professor Min, in his handsome glory, stood in front of them with textbook in hand. “Well, I’m upset that you’re late but, it’s better late than never.” He taps Jimin and Taehyung’s head with his book and moves to the board. “Sit down.”

 

Jungkook clears his throat to mask his laugh. Taehyung rolls his eyes while Jimin blushes red in embarrassment. As Professor Min continues on his discussion about cells and microorganisms, Jungkook leans forward. “So how was the search?”

 

“He’s here somewhere.” Jimin replies in a hush tone. “I’m just going to look for him.”

 

He scans one by one, looking at his classmates for a familiar red string connected to their pinky finger. He was only met with disappointment. And then a wild idea came to him. He darts his stare at his professor, whose lower half is hidden behind the teacher’s desk as he talks. That can’t be, right?

 

That would be weird. Professor Min is like 5 years older than him. He’s young, yes, in terms of being a professor here in this school considering the professors in this college is old (not to mention some were erts in disguise) plus, someone strict and grouchy as Professor Min is not his ideal type. Definitely not.

 

“Park Jimin.” Professor Min holds his book up and gestures it to him. “Are you listening?”

 

Jimin’s eyes went wide, not because he is being reprimanded.

 

“Y-Yes, sir.”

 

Professor Min smirks at him. “Just because you’re my soulmate doesn’t mean that I’ll treat you special when it comes to my class.” He raised his hand and there appeared the red string. He gives it a tug and true enough, Jimin felt the pull. Jimin flushed red. “Stay after the class is done.”

 

A collection of ooh’s and ahh’s were heard that was quickly shot down by Professor Min. “Quiet,” He drops his marker. “As I was saying before I was rudely distracted by Jimin.” He winks at said student causing some of his classmates to laugh quietly. “It is said that the virus is not contagious as stated in page 176. Look it up.”

 

Jungkook covers his mouth to hide his laugh while Taehyung smirks. “Found him.”

 

Jimin drops his head and blushed hard.