Prompt 6

Yoonmin Collection

Prompt: jealous chimchim

Word Count: 1145


 

Taehyung’s eyes went wide when he sees Jimin down his shot of vodka in one go twice in a row. He drunkenly slurs for another, waving at the young bartender frantically and grins when he’s given another shot. Taehyung could only sip his martini quietly.

 

He doesn’t expect this hangout to be like this.

 

“You know what?” Jimin chuckles humorlessly. “I don’t understand how people would stray their eyes away when they see a hot chick or a hot stud coming their way even if their partners are literally just beside them. I mean, that’s crazy!”

 

Ah, now he knows why.

 

“Hyung, maybe you’re just overreacting.”

 

“What?” He guffaws. “You think I’m –“ He scoffs a laugh. “You think I’m overreacting?!” Taehyung looks around and smiles apologetically at the people that’s near them. It was a good thing the music is so loud. If it wasn’t, Jimin’s voice would have echoed around the place.

 

Taehyung clears his throat. “Okay, uh… then can you tell me what happened?”

 

And so, Jimin recounts the story about him and Yoongi’s date last week.

 

They were at the mall then, eating their lunch at the food court because Jimin didn’t find other fast food and big restaurants appetizing. And so, they spend the day there eating and talking. Jimin was in the middle of talking about his crappy Biology professor when he notices Yoongi isn’t paying attention.

 

Jimin waves his hands on his boyfriend’s face. “Hey, you okay?”

 

Yoongi blinks rapidly as if he just snapped out of a trance. “Uh, yeah. Of course…” He smiles. “So what were you saying about Professor Bang?” And so, Jimin continues as if nothing happened.

 

However, he can’t help but notice Yoongi straying away from the conversation a few minutes later. His form were on Jimin’s but his eyes keeps moving, looking past him. Having enough, Jimin surprised Yoongi by looking behind him. Yoongi snaps back to reality and leans back with eyes wide as Jimin’s confused expression slowly morphs into annoyance.

 

Because behind him was a group of college girls chattering about something with their shrilly girly girl screams and giggles. They had their legs on full show, skirts short and some even showing cleavage in their poor- tops. Jimin makes a face and looks at his boyfriend in disbelief.

 

“Did you even understand what I am talking about?”

 

Yoongi has his hands gesturing to calm down. “Babe, please. I was just –“

 

Jimin takes his bag, stands up and walks away.

 

Taehyung purses his lips and slowly nods, “So is that why Yoongi-hyung’s been bothering Jungkook about this?” He turns his head to look at the older male. Jimin groans and downs another shot. With a chuckle, he shakes his head. “Now I’m definitely sure you’re overreacting.”

 

“Are you even on my side?” Jimin scoffs. “Just because you have a goody-good boyfriend.”

 

“Hey,” Taehyung grins. “Jungkook’s eyes stray sometimes. Remember that trip we had at Jeju? There were girls playing volleyball and his eyes can’t stop from staring at them.”

 

Jimin raised a brow. “And you didn’t do anything about it?”

 

“Hyung.” Taehyung chuckles. “You can’t stop that. It’s inevitable. Stop being a hypocrite too, you know. Our eyes stray sometimes.” Jimin makes a noise of objection. “Remember that gig we went back then. Remember their drummer? Park Chanyeol.”

 

Upon remembering the male, Jimin sighs. “Ah, . I could die happily if I get to touch those biceps.”

 

“See?” Taehyung laughs. “This situation is the same for Yoongi-hyung. We’re… we’re guys, hyung.” He gestures to themselves. “If we see an eye-candy, we stare at them like we’re undressing them. It’s inevitable. We’re feeding our eyes, after all.”

 


“Hey, I was not undressing Park Chanyeol with my eyes!” Jimin protested but shrinks when Taehyung gave him a look. “I mean, your brother was giving us that look so…” Taehyung laughs at the memory of his brother, Baekhyun, and his possessive nature of his boyfriend.

 

“But, hey. So what if Yoongi-hyung’s staring at those girls like they’re meat? It’s just that… just looking. There’s nothing wrong with looking. People do that all the time. Guys, girls… anyone, really.” Taehyung gestures with his lips pursed. “Look at the girl.”

 

Jimin shifts his attention and sees a girl, who’s staring at the DJ with that same look Yoongi had on her eyes. But when a guy, presumably her boyfriend, came and wraps his arms around her waist, her attention shifts and to her boyfriend and stares at him with that love-struck grin plastered on her face.

 

“At the end of the day, no matter how many girls or guys Yoongi finds cute or pretty, he only has eyes for you. And that won’t ever change.” Taehyung finally finishes his martini. “So I definitely think you’re overreacting. It’s not like he’s cheating on you. You know what I do with Jungkook every time that happens?” He shifts. “I look at the person that he’s looking and give my opinion if he/she’s hot or not.”

 

“You can bond over that, too.” When Jimin gives him a look of disbelief, Taehyung grins. “Trust me, it works. Wonder how we rarely fight about jealousy?”

 

Jimin purses his lips and leans forward to listen more.

 

 

 

 

 

.epilogue

 

Yoongi’s eyes were straying again. Jimin surprised his boyfriend when he turns to look at the person he’s looking at. Yoongi was ready for that apology to spill (because , they just got in good terms again after that big fight. He doesn’t want another one to spew with Jimin.) However, he’s surprised to hear the next words that come out of Jimin’s mouth.

 

“Well, he looks cute.” Jimin lowly whistles. “I mean, those wide eyes make him look innocent. I think that adds to his appeal.” Jimin continues to stare.

 

Yoongi blinks rapidly. “Y-You’re not mad?”

 

“No?” Jimin looks at his boyfriend in amusement. “Why would I be mad? With that cute face, god… now I know why you’re staring at him.” He chuckles and leans his head on his hand. “Wow, I bet if I could tap that it would be great.”

 

Yoongi gives him a look. “But my is the greatest, right?”

 

Jimin raised a brow. “What? No.” When Yoongi made a noise, Jimin laughs. “My is the greatest, please. Move aside you peasant.”

 

Yoongi furrows his brows and laughs before leaning over to kiss him on the lips. “Definitely the greatest, baby.”
 

And he can see what Taehyung’s been talking about. That love-struck grin on that face and those eyes that’s solely looking at him fondly and endearingly. Jimin giggles and leans against the hand on his cheek.

 

Ah, maybe he was just overreacting.

 

 

 

 

Author’s note: one of the secrets to keep a relationship strong. Yes, I am talking to those overly jealous girls and guys. Looking is just looking. Period.