Prompt 1

Yoonmin Collection

Prompt: Yoongi falls in love with his brother’s boyfriend.

Word Count: 2365


 

Yoongi was eight when he first saw Park Jimin.

 

Park Jimin was his brother’s classmate. His big brother, Yejun was already in middle school when he first brought his newly acquired friend from school and that’s when he met Park Jimin. It’s not that a great memory, to be honest, because he was forced to abandon the living room where he’s watching his favorite show because the big kids will watch a movie then and Yejun doesn’t  like his kid brother around when he has a friend along.

 

“Aw, he’s so cute.” Jimin coos at him. “It’s like a mini version of you, I swear.”

 

Yejun snorts. “Shut up, Jimin.” Then they laughed.

 

Yoongi decided to hate Jimin then. He hates people calling him cute.

 

Jimin doesn’t really stick out to him the past few years. He sees him as his big brother’s friend and he knows Jimin sees him nothing but as his friend’s kid brother. They’re like strangers who knew each other’s existence, but doesn’t want to acknowledge each other to deepen their relationship. Well, Jimin wants to get to know him because, duh, the guy likes kids. Yoongi doesn’t.

 

Yoongi was eleven when he sees Park Jimin lying on the couch underneath his big brother.

 

Their parents were out at his grandparents’ house so Yejun invites Jimin in their place. It was eleven in the evening and Yoongi jolted upright because of this weird dream. His throat is parched and he needs to drink water badly so he got up on his bed and sneaked quietly to the kitchen not wanting to disturb his brother and Jimin camping out in the living room. He got his water and was about to head inside when he heard the softest whimper.

 

Yejun-ah.

 

It was the night Yoongi realized the meaning of curiosity killed the cat.

 

Jimin was lying underneath his big brother on the couch, his torso exposed and shorts laying low that Yoongi can see flesh near the part where his is. Yejun is the same but he’s kissing Jimin and his hands were fondling Jimin’s s like they’re s. Yoongi scrunched his nose and chooses to walk away not wanting to make a fuss and anger his big brother. He keeps quiet even if Jimin’s soft whimpers and whines bother him.

 

He decided that he hates Park Jimin even more.

 

Yoongi was fifteen when Yejun introduced Jimin to the family, this time, as his boyfriend.

 

“I knew it.” His mother grins. “I had a feeling about you two.” She giggles. His father doesn’t talk too much but he’s slowly nodding as if he’s happy about the news. Yoongi, on the other hand, doesn’t comment about it because he knows. He knows about his brother and Jimin sneaking around. He knows about their relationship earlier than this.

 

Yejun playfully jabs his shoulder. “Aren’t you gonna say something, bro?”

 

Yoongi looks at him then at Jimin, who was looking at him hopefully, then back at his brother. He shrugs. “I honestly don’t care.”

 

He decided that he doesn’t care about Park Jimin’s relationship with his brother as long as it doesn't bother him.

 

Jimin tried to get close to him at any chances he find. Because like he said, it is better to have a good relationship with every member of his boyfriend’s family. His father like him, his mother adored him, hell, even their dog Bowser developed a sort of fondness over Jimin. But Yoongi…

 

“Do you hate me or something?” Jimin asked one time when they were alone. Yoongi shrugs at this.

 

“Not, really. I just find it too tiring to associate with people that’s all.”

 

Jimin softly chuckles. “This is honestly the first time I’ve seen this kind of person.”

 

Yoongi was nineteen when he saw Jimin’s heartbreaking expression on his face.

 

They were going to get married, his big brother and Jimin, but instead of showing up, Yejun was gone along with his stuff. He only left a letter that was given to Jimin a few hours after the supposed march. Jimin was left alone in Yejun’s dressing room, crying his heart out and it made Yoongi feel an emotion that is seemingly new to him.

 

Pain. He can feel Jimin’s pain.

 

“I’m really sorry about Yejun.” He hears his mother apologize as she bows none too many times along with his father to Jimin’s furious parents. Not only was their son hurt, he was also humiliated. But even then, the amount of pain that Jimin felt cannot compare to that. Just reading Yejun’s reason of doing this breaks his heart.

 

“I’m sorry.” Yoongi said to Jimin that day. “Yejun can be unpredictable at times. But as a brother, I failed to see and help him for it is obvious how this was all because of cold feet.” He sighs and Jimin could only sniffle. “Do you want Ice Cream?”

 

Jimin looks up at him in surprise. “H-Huh?”

 

“Ice cream, do you want one?” Yoongi rummages his pocket with brows slight furrowed. “I think I got a few bills in here.”

 

Jimin cracks a small smile. “You kept money in your pocket at a wedding?”

 

“Oh, I was actually late because I overslept so I used my college slacks… see?” He gestures to his lower half. “It doesn’t go along with the suit but it doesn’t show much.” He stops midway when he sees Jimin softly laughing. Yoongi’s eyes soften. “Instead of wallowing yourself in despair because of my stupid brother, why don’t you come with me and eat ice cream instead.”

 

And so they did.

 

“You know, I never knew cheese flavor is so delicious.” Jimin said. “I never got to eat one whenever we went out on a date because Yejun doesn’t like ice cream.” He bitterly stabs the spoon on the cup and shakily sighs. “Now that I thought about it, dating your big brother made me feel like a dog on a leash. I should be the one who ran away instead of him.” He wipes a lone tear that escaped. “Dammit.”

 

“Another reason why I don’t want to date anyone.” Yoongi hums. “Hassle. You need to put a lot of effort. The pain of heartbreak. And it’s too tiring. I don’t want to waste energy on something that is only temporary.”

 

Jimin raised a brow. “Well not everyone can be like that. You’re still a kid so you don’t know what it’s like. When you’re in my age, you get to know the feeling of confusion…of fear from commitment.” He sighs then leans his chin on his knuckles. “Fear of questioning everything.”

 

“It’s too tiring.” Yoongi drawls. “Love is just a waste of energy.”

 

Jimin sighs and grins. “Well for once, I agree with you.”

 

Yoongi was twenty-three when he realized he’s in love with Park Jimin all his life.  

 

Ever since the wedding fiasco, the relationship between Jimin and Yoongi evolved into friendship. After work, (Jimin’s a dance instructor at a prestigious dance school) Jimin would come and spend the day frolicking in Yoongi’s room. With Yoongi, finishing college early because he went rage mode on the units (48 per semester) he began to work as an assistant to a music producer.

 

“You know, you’re almost thirty.” He said. “You should go out and date people instead of hanging out with me. Don’t you have any places to go?”

 

Jimin childishly pouts. “I’m beginning to think that you don’t want my company.”

 

“Aren’t I making it obvious?” Jimin makes a face in this and lies down on Yoongi’s bed, all sprawled up. He sighs. “But I’m serious. You should go and date people again.” He said. “Just because my brother disappeared on you, it doesn’t mean history will repeat itself. Or… are you still hung up on him?”

 

There was a long silence before Jimin spoke.

 

“I loved your brother, Yoongi.” Jimin said. “And he will always be a part of me – my biggest what if. But I can assure you that I’m over him.” He grins. “Right now, I’m not rushing. I’m just… waiting for the one.”

 

“What if the one doesn’t exist?”

 

“Then I’ll stay single forever. Easy.” Jimin chuckles softly albeit a bit of sadness.

 

Yoongi is weird, he thinks, because when he said that, he can’t help but think if what if, he’s the one. What if Jimin is the one for him? Images came flooding down on his mind that he finds it hard to continue the composition he was making until he just stops. He turns his swivel chair around and like expected, he sees Jimin curled up in the middle of his bed, sleeping.

 

Out of curiosity, Yoongi ventures forward settles beside Jimin’s sleeping figure, lying beside the older male, face-to-face. Slowly, he lifts his hand and places it on Jimin’s cheek, thumbing the smaller’s jaw.

 

Jimin’s drowsy eyes opens slowly. “What are you doing?” He whispers.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

Slowly, Yoongi pushed his head forward and captured Jimin’s lips in a small kiss as if testing the waters. He pulls away before Jimin could react and watches the elder’s reaction. Jimin looks bewildered but doesn’t look like he hates it so Yoongi tilts his head and kisses him full on the lips. He can feels fingers threading his hair pulling him close. Yoongi smiles.

 

“Didn’t you hate exerting so much energy?” Jimin whispers against his lips.

 

“This could be an exception.” He whispers back before pushing Jimin deeper into the covers.

 

Yoongi was twenty-four and Jimin was thirty when the latter asked the question: “So what are we?”

 

“Friends who fool around with each other that likes each other in a more than friends’ way.” Yoongi looks at Jimin with a smirk. Jimin frowns. “What?” He approaches him and turns the older around so his face was pressed against soft pillows. “You said you don’t want to date me because I’m young.”

 

“You do know I don’t have with people I don’t date.”

 

“Well, then.” Yoongi pulls his boxers down and has his hands on firm globes. “Be ready tomorrow night at eight. I’ll pick you up at work.” He kisses the elder’s spine which made said male groan. “Dress nice. I’ll take you out on our first date.”

 

“This isn’t the type of asking I’m expecting.” Jimin frowns.

 

“Let’s skip the formalities for now.” Yoongi grabs his chin and kisses him. “But today, I’ll be a gentleman so don’t move and let me do all the work.”

 

Later that day, Yoongi finds a note of complaint from the landlord about noise control and Jimin cackles hysterically on the background.

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin walks around in his bathrobe, giggling. “So after that dinner last night, it’s safe to say that mom and dad are in good terms again with your parents.” He wraps his arms around Yoongi’s neck and parks his on the younger’s lap. Yoongi lets his phone fall beside him on the couch and entertains his boyfriend. “So tell me when are you going to agree to move in with me?”

 

“I don’t want to live here.”

 

Jimin frowns at this. “Why not?”

 

“This place…” Yoongi trails. “This is where you and Yejun lives.” Jimin’s frown slowly melted. “You created memories here: good, bad… memories that you treasured.” He takes the elder’s hand and squeeze. “I was thinking of finding a new place where we could make new memories together.”

 

Jimin sighs and slowly nods. “Okay.”

 

“Okay?”

 

“Okay, let’s find a new place...” Jimin leans down to kiss him on the lips. “Together.”

 

Yoongi beams and lets Jimin fall on the space next to him making said male squeak. “You’re getting heavy nowadays. Have you been eating a lot lately, Jimin?” Jimin scowls at his way making him laugh. “I was kidding.”

 

“You don’t talk to me that way, young man.” Jimin said. “And your mom was right. Why aren’t you calling me hyung?”

 

“Because you don’t look like it.” Yoongi sticks out a tongue and smirks.

 

“Oh, that’s it.” The elder grabs Yoongi by the wrist and pulls him. “Come here.” For such a small man, Jimin possessed brute strength that he easily manhandled Yoongi on his back. They ended up in a tickle fight – giggles and laughter echoing the house as they did. That was until the tie on Jimin’s rope loosened revealing soft pale skin. Yoongi gulps hard at the sight of pinkish nubs.

 

Jimin giggles softly. “Like what you see?”

 

“A lot.” Yoongi whispers. “I like it a lot, hyung.”

 

Jimin blushes upon hearing that and hovers over his younger boyfriend. “Then come and get it.”

 

Yoongi finds it funny how back when he was eleven, he had seen Jimin in this kind of state when he was still with his big brother. Back then, he’s disgusted at the sight but now, just thinking about it makes him feel angry and upset. Because nobody can see Park Jimin like this but him, not even his bastard of a big brother.

 

Jimin lies on the couch underneath him where as the only clothes that were discarded on him was his pajama top. Their faces were inches close, their noses touching as soft smiles were plastered on their faces.

 

“I love you.” Yoongi whispers. “I know that I said that love is tiring, but I am willing to exert that much effort and energy just for you.”

 

“You are so cheesy, I swear to god.” Jimin breathlessly laughs.

 

They were so caught up with each other that they did not notice the locked front door clicks open, a person coming inside and entering the living room. They were so caught up with each other that only when they heard a small gasp did they finally notice the person standing there.

 

Jimin stood up with wide disbelieving eyes after covering himself with the robe. “Y-Yejun?”

 

Yejun drops his bags and glares at his brother. “Yoongi, I never knew you of all people would do this.”

 

Yoongi stands up and lifts his chin, glaring back. “Hello, hyung.”

 

 Yoongi was twenty-seven when his big brother came back in their lives.