Chapter 2

Witch Please!

"I can do that to girls too."


 

“A warm welcome to all of you present here.” The sudden high pitched welcome note catches me off guard and I cringe a little bit. “Let me introduce myself I’m your Principal, Tony Han. And once again I welcome you all to Orion High.” A huge round of applause follows his statement and I do the same. The Principal actually seems like a nice old man. But he’s also quite the looker I must say. Hot damn. I need to stop fantasizing about people my father’s age. I uncomfortably try to make the best out of this old chair but it’s really annoying me and I make a few awkward noises until I finally settle down. I’m right at the front and I look back to see if there are any empty chairs available to sit as I didn’t want to go through this whole opening day lecture. It would be better to sleep behind. That way no one can see me. Unfortunately there are none, the only chair empty is the one beside me to my left. There’s a petty looking girl to my right. And she doesn’t seem to like me very much as she refuses to even look me in the eyes. I put in some effort today to look as ordinary as possible. I tend to glow very now and then due to my stupid powers and people get intimidated and amused. So I wore a scarf around my face in this hot climate.

“So it’s a revisit for most of you and a new beginning for a few.” He throws me a warm smile and I bow a little in acknowledgement. Perks of being royalty, you get noticed and on the darker side it may also lead to an unwanted string of awkwardness. “So today we will be lenient but that doesn’t mean that you can pull off tricks like last year especially the seniors. This is a warning.” He continued and I was surprised with the way his eyes grew dark with power and authority once he gets serious. I wonder what ‘tricks’ he’s talking about. I could hear a few snickers from behind. I think I should be careful. I was already at the receiving end of the glares when I was at the entrance.

“As for the new ones, please be careful. Don’t trust your seniors a lot. Most of them are slackers.” The crowd roared, some with laughter while others simply hissed in distaste. Those must be the slackers I guess. The Principal continued to give some instructions and motivational speeches which I was least interested in but gave an ear to it anyway, trying to appear as indulged as possible. It was getting too hot so I removed my scarf. Immediately I could feel a few stares on me. I think I was better off with that scarf. As I was silently listening to him, I could feel my hair lift up in the air, defying gravity. The gossips behind me grew louder and louder that it caught the attention of even the students at the back of the stadium. I could also see a few teachers from the sidelines throwing glares towards the perpetrators behind whom I assume are responsible for the current tragic state of my hair. I turn around to see a bunch of s laughing their asses off as they play with their magic tricks on my hair. It’s currently sticking out on all sides. My face turns a bright pink and I’m way too embarrassed to process what’s happening now. Stupid magicians, they are better off suited to work in a saloon; brainless geezers.

“Hey babe, it’s Suho.” He tells me in the most-cringe-freaking English accent ever and my body temperature might have escalated a few degrees. The scale is in Celsius, I must add.  “Nice hair.” His friend who happens to harbor Harry Potter glasses adds another distasteful comment. I continue to throw them my resting face and tell them to cut it off but they don’t listen. “An even better face.” That Suho jerk adds. “The Principal is watching.” Someone seated next to Suho utters. I turn my attention towards him and when I lock my eyes with his, it felt as though someone had blown out all the air in my lungs. His eyes were fiery and intense, deep brown with a tinge of gold and I feel very ill all of a sudden. Is he doing this to piss me off on purpose? Is it one of his tricks? Lots of questions flood my mind and I notice that I have been staring at him too long and I turn back. I notice that the ring on my index started to flicker abnormally. Wait, there’s no way it could be happening. The ring should only turn into a dark blue when I’ve met my soul mate. I turn back to see who it could be and when I see those golden brown eyes again, I could feel my ring vibrate. This can’t be happening. He’s a magician for God’s sake and this is highly impossible. Fortunately my ring turns back to normal and I breathe again. Was it a false alarm? Thank God. I take a deep breath. That scared me for a moment. 

 And I must say that jerk Suho stopped playing with my hair when he saw a teacher walking towards him and started to pretend as if he had been paying the utmost attention to the old man’s lecture. What a two faced ! 

Soon I was back to normal and my brain started to function with ease. I wonder what kind of trick he pulled on me because whatever happened now was in no way normal. Maybe it’s his aura or something, but I felt as though I was constantly in his view. As if he was glaring at me from behind.  

“Next up, we will have our School representative, Kim Sulli to give a speech.” My eyes scan her while she makes her way to the stage. The uncomfortable feeling in my stomach makes a comeback. I wonder if something is wrong with me today. I notice that she has a similar eye shade and the more I looked, the more nauseous I felt. I stare at my shoes instead of the stage as I’m afraid to look at her again. All this feels weird and I wish I could go back to good old witch school. 

 I notice that I had been clutching onto my hands too tight for a long time as they had grown red. “What’s wrong, babe?” Suho starts to play with my hair again. If he wants to use his dirty tricks, I might as well do the same. I turn around so that I’m facing him and my face is adorned with a lope sided grin. You’re dead today.

My eyes turn a slightly bright shade of purple and I slowly mouth the magic words, throwing a spell. I try to do it as discrete as possible to avoid attention. If making Doritos and other odd shapes out of people’s hair is his specialty, making people fall down on their knees for me was mine. I continue to stare down at him and soon enough I manage to unlock his mind. “Ama-me.” I chant out in a whisper and his eyes turn into a daze. Now I’ve got him wrapped around my finger.

 “Will you do anything for me, Su-ho?” I say slowly and he nods obediently. My hair gushes in the wind and my skin starts to shine. But that’s all in his brain right now like an illusion. When I say the spell to a person, I become the center of his universe. They lose themselves in a trance but they remain conscious of what they are doing. His friends give me a blank stare as they don’t know what’s going on.

“Good, now I want you to do what you did to me on your hair and also on that glasses friend of yours, got it?” I order him and like a slave he starts to use his powers on himself. They both make a joke out of themselves with their hairstyles sporting something similar to the days of Einstein. I feel rather sorry for them. 

 “You , what did you do to him?” The glasses jerk asks me and I simply throw a glance and tie his mouth shut with my manipulation tricks. I use my powers on him as well. I turn back to the front and continue as if nothing happened. Soon enough I decide to bring them back to normal because the Principal started to take notice of those jerks, giving them an odd stare. I might get in trouble for causing trouble, oops. With the snap of my fingers, I bring them out of trance. I could hear Suho hiss loudly behind me. Well it’s his fault; he used his tricks on me first. I turned a deaf ear to his whining. 

“Wow, you’re a that seduces men to fall down to your knees, huh?” Suho whispers just enough so that I could hear. I could sense the angry undertone in his voice but I'm not sorry. 

“Shut up. That’s enough.” A deep voice utters. It’s that guy again. The one that made me feel as though I could die of sorrow. I start to wonder if he’s really trying to help me out. Suho tries to control himself. 

 “? I don’t know about that, but I can do that to girls too not just men.” I say without looking back and the girl beside me shudders. “Don’t worry; I won’t use it on you.” I reassure her. She simply nods and looks away.

 “So that’s it. Thank you.” Sulli or whatever ends her speech which is followed by a loud applause. I didn’t hear anything that she spoke about, thanks to that first class . I notice her coming my way so I stare at my shoes again. She keeps coming closer and I almost would have fallen backwards as I put too much pressure on my chair while I was somewhat trying to back away. I could feel my heart beat at an erratic pace and my vision clog up with tears for which I don’t know the reason behind. I just feel sad. My heart stops when she slows down near my place and takes a seat beside me. The ring on index starts to flicker again. What in the world is happening right now?

 


A/N - I didn't proof read so please excuse the small errors. And I'm pretty unsatisfied with this chapter tbh...sorry guy!