Prologue

Witch Please!

Prologue


"He was at peace."


 

Legend has it that three races of creatures existed in this world. Humans. Witches. And Magicians. Three kinds that were meant to make peace or so the powerful forefathers thought. Liveo was the creator of the human kind, who blessed them with creativity and freedom. Ira was the mother Goddess of the witches, who spiced them with beauty and wit. But with beauty, came danger. Their kind was skilled in the darkest of magic, using their cunning tongues and wits, they could trick the wisest of all men and bring them down to their knees. They were stronger than human beings but there existed a kind that could twist their necks in a flash. With strength unparalleled by none. Immortality was in their blood. Unless they wanted to call death upon themselves. 

They were the Magicians. And Magnus was their one true leader. With the amount of strength and power they possessed, they placed themselves in supremacy. An action that triggered hate and envy from the rest. Nether less, peace and harmony was brought back to the soil when the forefathers and the Goddess created The Solis. The ultimate being that coordinated life on Earth; A true power that ensured tranquility and love by stitching the wounds of hatred.  And it continued to do so until the day Magus set his eyes on the daughter of the Great Goddess, Venus.

She was beauty personified. She was the love of his life. He knew because when she smiled, his heart didn’t race, his mind wasn’t tensed and his body didn’t shiver. Like the waters of a forgotten stream, he was calm, he was at peace. Because he had found his soul mate.

Days passed and the two met each other often in the silence of the night, hidden deep in the darkness they called light, unknown to the world. And one day Ira, the Goddess had witnessed the sin. A sight that bathed her with wrath and disgust. On the night of her daughter’s eighteenth birthday, Ira decided to give her daughter one last gift. A curse.

“From this night and the nights to come, daylight or even moonlight will be as true as a candle in the wind. Sleep well, my dear.” Venus never woke up again.

The news spread far and wide.  And a war endowed. The world was masked with new profound fondness over power and greed, chaos awoke. The three entities fought until the soil was stained with blood and the oceans turned red.

Magus had destroyed The Solis and took it upon himself to avenge his soul mate. Soon his hands were painted red, blood red. The Goddess was dead and gone. With his bloodshot eyes, he went to the familiar room and had one last look at his love before he pierced the silver metal into his heart. He was at peace finally. He slept on her bedside, calm and happy.

Liveo outlived the two legends but his time was ticking. The Solis was gone and the world was a mess. It was then when he formed a governing sector, The Imperium. It established order and peace again. The Magicians and the witches hated each other but learned to coexist along with the humans. Liveo was a human, a mortal unlike the other kinds. He soon died of ageing. But the Imperium still stood strong and tall, even after his death and it remained in power even now.

Little did the world know that history would repeat itself and that they would meet again.