Strong, Stubborn, and Stupid

Mijoo & Yein
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Mijoo, are you absolutely certain that you can carry Yein on your back, the entire way, until we finally get downstairs?"

"Of...course!"

Baby Soul didn't appear convinced in the slightest, especially when Mijoo could barely even speak with their youngest member clinging to her back...not to mention the visible muscles protruding from her neck, indicating her strain. And she was taking very slow, wobbly steps. Mijoo looked like she could collapse to the ground at any given second. This reminded Baby Soul of a certain penalty game that required the losing members to carry the other half, and she remembered that she didn't struggle nearly half as much as Mijoo was now. At this point, Baby Soul felt more concerned for the girl doing the carrying rather than the girl who had to be carried. Speaking of Yein, the girl's current facial expression denoted her unease and doubts about the situation, which coincided with Baby Soul's own feelings. (Jin and Sujeong also silently shook their heads in disagreement.)

"I don't think you'll able to do it." The leader stated honestly as she observed Mijoo stopping in place for the nth time to catch her breath and continue forward out of what seemed to be sheer willpower. "Why did I agree to let you carry Yein when you narrowly survived the penalty to piggyback Jisoo a couple of meters to the van? Maybe we can get the manager or Sujeong to carry her instead - even I could carry her myself - "

Mijoo's eyes widened at the mere thought of someone else carrying her girlfriend. She shook her head, refusing vehemently. "No, I told you...I can carry her. I got this." She had begun to perspire about a quarter of the way there, and her eyes were stinging now from the droplets that trickled down to her reddened face. Nonetheless, evident determination crackled behind those tired eyes. "Trust me."

Trust in Mijoo? For a moment, Baby Soul paused in false deliberation. "Yeah, I don't think so. Stop here. I'll carry Yein - "

"Wait...listen to what Yein has to say first. Her opinion matters the most." Mijoo lifted the younger girl a bit higher onto her back with her sore arms. "Yein, you want me to carry you, don't you?" She peered over her shoulder, staring at her girlfriend with an expectant gaze that she could rarely ever go against.

Yein averted her own gaze to the floor. As much as she enjoyed close contact with Mijoo, neither of them were receiving any true benefits from this physically exhausting task (and she could feel the older girl's damp shirt sticking to her back and to her own front - which was something she'd rather not feel at the moment, most likely ever). She certainly didn't like the feeling of letting her girlfriend down, but it was clear as to what her reply had to be if she wanted Mijoo to return in one living, non-drenched-with-sweat piece. Sweaty - and possibly dead - Mijoo wouldn't be nice to cuddle with later, once they eventually returned home.

"Um...honestly...I don't think this is

Please log in to read the full chapter