Chapter 27

Institute of the Talented

DINO’S POV

I hate elephants. It all started when I went on a class trip to the zoo back in elementary school. Our teacher walked us around the exhibits telling us everything there was to know about each animal we walked by. I can’t lie: some of the animals were pretty cool. My favorite was probably the lion. That’s when we arrived at the elephants.

Since we were on a school trip, we had special benefits and made our way to the front of the line. Sadly, I didn’t know what I was getting myself into and now I wish I had stay home that day. Being the hyper little kid that I was, I volunteered myself to ride the elephant first.

“Alright, kids! We have our first volunteer. Let’s give a round of applause to Dino!” The teacher announced my name and everybody clapped.

“That’s right! I’m the very best! I’m going to ride this elephant all day long!” I made myself sound cool and the kids got excited. What can I say.. I was a popular child. Was..

“Alright, Dino. Let’s get you on and riding!” The teacher picked me up and practically threw me onto the elephants back.

At first, it was a bit scary being so high off the ground. Eventually, I got used to the height and proudly sat on top of the elephant. I looked down at my class, who now looked like a bunch of ants. In the front row, my crush waved to me and I waved back. Suddenly, the elephant started walking forward. I held on tight as it began to run. When the teacher was telling us about elephants, it never mentioned the fact that they could run. So, me, being like six years old, held on to the charging beast and cried like a baby. After the elephant was done rampaging, I stood up and slipped off of its back.

The class laughed at me as I sat next to the giant elephant. Because I was embarrassed, I cried again. I should have moved out of the way. The longer I sat there, the more danger I was in. While I was too busy worrying about what the class thought of me, the elephant decided it would be high time to release its lunch.. on me.. in front of my crush. This is where my fear of elephants originated. Back to the war.

“HEEEEEELP!!!” I cried as I ran down a corridor with a massive 10 ton beast after me.

PEWHEEEEEW!!!

As I was running, I came across an intersection. To my right, the cafeteria awaited. To my left, the auditorium awaited. In front of me, the gym awaited. Behind me, death awaited. I suppose the best direction to go would be every other direction than behind me. I split myself into two other persons. Me, myself and I ran in three directions. I took a right towards the cafeteria. Hopefully the kitchen had peanuts or something that would stop an elephant.

As I turned around, I saw the elephant stop in the middle of the intersection and sit down. It’s back opened and three smaller elephants waddled their way out. Their size was significantly smaller than the original. That didn’t make it any less scary.

I continued my journey to the kitchen of the cafeteria in search of peanuts. When I got there, I made more clones of myself to keep watch. The elephant broke through the doors, sat down and plopped out smaller elephants. At this point, it was getting a bit ridiculous. I mean, I could step on them now. I wasn’t going to though, too terrifying.

In the kitchen, I managed to find three bags of peanuts. I also noticed there was a banana peel and wrench on the floor. Strange place for a wrench, don’t you think? I walked back into myself, jumped over the elephant and ran into the courtyard. It seemed to be flooded with monsters but I didn’t see any people. I opened a bag of peanuts and threw it into the crowd of monsters. The elephant that was chasing me picked up its smaller selves and ran into the horde.

Now that I have two more bags of peanuts left, I could save my other clones. I ran back down the corridor I came from to meet up with the bigger elephant.

BOOM!

I looked back at the corridor I just came from. There was a bright flash of light where I left those monstrous elephants. Good, one less elephant to deal with.

The main elephant seemed to be sleeping with its back open. There were three lights on its forehead. One was green and two were red. I know one elephant was down, so that meant either two were alive or one of my clones took down another. From the left corridor, my clone ran towards me. The light on the elephant’s forehead didn’t change. Were the elephants trying to capture me? That would explain why I was missing a clone and the crimson elephant had one green light.

“Hi, me. How’d your fight go?” He panted.

“Good. Where is the other me?” I asked myself.

“Didn’t he go towards the gym?” I answered myself.

“I guess we had better go save ourselves.” I walked into myself and made my way down toward the gym. Bodies lay across the corner of the gym floor. But no sign of myself or an elephant.

PEWHEEEEEW!!!

The elephant charged out of the stand and landed in front of me.

“Where am I?” I asked the elephant. It probably confused it but I was genuinely concerned for my other self.

PEWHEEEEEW!!!

“Eww.” I shivered and multiplied myself.

The elephant took a step back, sat down and opened its back. From where I stood, I saw myself trapped in there. For every clone I made of myself, the elephant made a clone for itself.. only smaller.

I stepped over the tiny elephants and recollected myself from the bigger elephants back. The tiny elephants didn’t like that and rejoined their bigger self. I thought they were going to get bigger, but instead the bigger elephant ran back to its original body.

PEWHEEEEEW!!!

“I’M GETTING REALLY TIRED OF YOUR PEWHEEEEEWING ALL OVER THE PLACE!” I ran into the corridor and multiplied myself about a hundred times to match the size of the elephant.

I climbed myself all the way to the ceiling and jumped toward the elephant. While falling, I copied myself to match the elephant’s weight. My plan was to crush it. My plan failed. The elephant opened its back and swallowed all of us whole. My clones panicked and followed me into the elephant’s back, only to be captured.

. . .

“Hello, there, Dino.” The elephant’s back opened, revealing a room. “You were easier to catch than I expected.” A woman in all black walked in front of me and grabbed me. Why does this lady have a man’s voice?

I couldn’t multiply myself due to the restriction of this woman’s unbreakable surface. In front of me, a man gestured me forward. There, Vernon sat in one of four chairs. His eyes were wide open and lit up a light green color. By the looks of it, he had lost a fight. His body was red and he looked incredibly burned. He looked like a hybrid of a human and dragon. I can’t believe this evil man is making hybrids. Poor Vernon.

“Set him on the third chair, please.” He spoke and the lady carried me over to the chair. I think she was made up of entirely obsidian.

As soon as we got to the chair, I was released and strapped down to the chair. Wonwoo’s father stood over me and picked up a syringe. The straps were impossible to multiply through. It’s like this chair was made specifically for me. Wonwoo’s father jabbed himself with a syringe and smiled at me.

“Better you than me, I suppose.” I managed to say before he poked me with the second syringe. My vision turned a light green color and went back to normal. I didn’t feel any different, besides a small poke on my arm.

“Thank you for sharing your power with me, Dino. Wonwoo would be most proud of you.” He walked behind my chair and did something with the third syringe. In front of me, the obsidian woman took out one of my clones out of the elephant’s back and slashed its throat, throwing it outside of the gym. Next to the crimson elephant was an equal sized golem. Both of them seemed to be inactivated, probably because they captured us and their jobs were done. “Time for you to go to sleep now.”

A sudden flash of green light took over my vision and exhaustion circulated throughout my body. Just before I lost my vision, I managed to see a wind take my clone.

“You killed my clone.. I’m.. going.. to.. di…”

 

QUESTIONS:

What will happen to Dino now that one of his clones is dying? Will he die? Did someone take his clone?

Who do you think owns chair number 2 and 4?

Why are the conversations always so similar when someone gets kidnapped?