Trust

We meet again

Lhian

Xander oppa and his family have been staying here in Seoul for more than a week now. I'm really glad that they visited me and brought their kids along -- at least, these kids make me happy.

"Aunt Lhian, what are these?" Little Isobelle asked me as she pointed at the daisies in the garden.

"Those are daisies, sweetie." as I said while carrying Lucas.

"How about those?"

"Those are lilies..."

"And this?" as she continued to point at the flowers around the garden of the flower shop.

I chuckled because of how adorable she was. "That one is a rose -- a red rose."

She nodded as she carefully touched the rose. "I saw this before Aunt Lhian. Mummy told me about the Beauty and the Beast and the magic rose."

"That's right! That is a very beautiful story. Did you like it?"

"Yes, I like it so much. Aunt Lhian, do you believe in fairytales?"

"Well, I do."

"How about prince charmings and happy endings?"

Her questions got me stoned for a while. Something triggered me when I heard those words again -- prince charming and happy ending. Do I still believe in those? as I asked myself.

"Well, those things could be real. I think those could happen to those people who deserve it."

"What do you mean, Aunt Lhian?" she was puzzled with my question. Anyway, an innocent 4-your-old girl couldn't really understand what I just said.

"Okay, it's like your Mum and Dad, they had a happy ending because they got you and Lucas. And because they deserved it." I just slyly said.

"I think Aunt Lhian deserves to have a happy ending too...because she's pretty and looks like a princess." and she sweetly smiled at me as she caressed my face.

I'm so lucky to have a niece and a nephew who are as loving as their parents. I was trying to hold back my tears when Allie eonni suddenly showed up.

"She's right Lhian, you also deserve a happy ending." and she walked towards us. "Isobelle, honey, Mummy needs to speak with Aunt Lhian for a minute okay? So bring your brother first inside and play there." she said to her daughter as she kissed her cheeks.

I called So-yi to take Isobelle and Lucas for a while and get them back inside the flower shop. Then, Allie turned to me while wearing this sweet smile on her face.

"Isobelle is right, you are a princess and you deserve to be happy."

"But I'm not sure anymore eonni. I used to believe in fairytales, in happy endings... but after what happened, I felt like I don't really deserve those things."

"Sweetie, don't say that. Don't hate love. Things happen for a reason and God has a purpose for all those pains you have felt."

I tried not to be affected again since I'd been fighting this sadness and pain for a couple of days, but whenever something reminds me of what happened -- sadness annihilates me.

"Lhian, I know how painful it is. But you shouldn't be afraid to love again. Help yourself and let somebody helps you too... like Kevin."

I moved my head when I heard his name -- do they know about Kevin's confession? Perhaps, Cindy told them too.

"Look sweetie, your oppa and I love you so much, you know that right? And before we leave you again, we want to make sure that there is someone who will help you cope with all of these things." she said as she touched my hair.

"I know eonni and I really appreciate all your love and concern to me. But, I think it wouldn't be that easy to move on -- especially if the past keeps on haunting me."

"It's not honey, it really wouldn't be easy at first. Deep wounds take time to heal -- but the more you dwell in the past, the more you make it hard for the wound to heal. Let God help you... and don't be afraid to trust Him."

Her words awakened the dying hope inside my heart. After breaking up with AJ, I lost all the interest in the beauty of this life. A smile that I used to wear became a mask to covet the sorrow that I felt. But eonni's right; I should trust Him.

"I want to tell you something; your Xander oppa and I talked to Kevin few days ago. That's the first time I met him -- and he's really a sweetheart."

"Well, he's really a sweet guy."

Suddenly, Xander oppa came and joined the conversation. He sat next to his wife while holding her waist.

“It seems like these beautiful ladies are having conversation over here, eh?”

“Well, yes, we are Mr. Intruder.” Allie eonni said as she adoringly touched her husband’s face.

Why do lovely couples always need to be sweet in front of me?This question just popped up in my head as I began to notice it.

"Anyway, we heard that Kevin confessed to you, what do you think about it?" as Xander oppa turned to me.

"I don't know... I just don't know what to feel about it oppa."

"It's alright dear, you don't really need to give him an answer. But you know what? He made a promise -- he promised to make you smile every single day and to take good care of you. It reminded me of you when you were still in high school, when you were still stalking him."  Allie reminisced those times and giggled.

When I was in high school (and was still stalking Kevin), Allie eonni kne everything since I always called to tell her about it. Aside from Cindy, she's the one who I always talked to about my "admiration" for Kevin. And I understand why she thought of those things again -- anyway, Kevin seems to be doing the same thing I did ten years ago.

After we talked, they left me in the garden so I could have more time to think.

Things aren't easy but if I will just leave it to Him, I'm pretty sure I'll get through this. And if Kevin really loves me -- he will wait until my heart is ready to love again.