In Japan

We meet again

 

Lhian

I finally arrived in Japan -- to be exact, in Okinawa. It’s 9 in the morning here and I still have enough time for me to look for a place to stay in. I just rushed my way here so I wasn’t able to plan things properly. I’ve been planning to visit the country for a long time but I wasn't able to because of my busy schedule. But now, I’m here, all alone. I’ll make sure to enjoy my stay here. I’ll make sure to forget everything – even just for while.

In the airport, I looked around. It has been a while since the last time I travelled alone and to a place where I’ve never been to. I carried a big bag pack and another luggage on my right hand. I didn’t bring a lot since I planned to buy the other stuff that I’d need here in Japan. I seem to be totally prepared but actually, I am not. I haven’t practiced my Japanese, so deep inside me, I feel quite awkward to approach a stranger. But I have to because if I wouldn’t do that… how will I get myself a cab to send me to the hotel?

Alright Lhian! You can do this! I thought as I tried to encourage myself to finally approach somebody. Come on, Lhian. You’ve been standing here for almost an hour now. You need to ride a taxi so please approach somebody now.

I finally spotted a cab and when I saw that it is going my way, I awkwardly stopped in front of it. Alright, I’m not going to kill myself. I just really have to do it.

“Hei! Anata wa kureijīdesu ka?” (Hey, are you crazy?) The driver angrily said as he looked out from the cab’s window.

“Gomennasai, gomennasai!” (I’m sorry) I say worriedly. I walked towards him and took out all the guts I had. “Doraiba-san, Watashi wa hoteru ni iku hitsuyō ga arimasu.” (Mr. Driver, I have to go to the hotel” Did I say it right?

“Nan..Nandesuka?” (What?)

I understood that – he said “what?”. He clearly didn’t get what I was trying to say. Now, this is a problem Lhian. I just scratched my head with frustration. The driver kept on talking but I seriously was not following him. Suddenly, a man approached us and talked to the driver. I couldn’t hear what they were talking but the driver just left after they talked. Then, the man walked towards me – but I wasn’t scared at all. Well, he didn’t look creepy. He looked younger than me, perhaps around 18-20 years old and he was wearing this pleasant smile. A plain white shirt, pair of jeans and a cap with something written on it (it was on Japanese, so I couldn’t read it) – he was just a very simple stranger.

As he walked towards me, he just smiled and guided me to follow him. He didn’t speak and still not saying anything. He must know that my Japanese is bad that’s why he’s not speaking, I thought. I really wanted to ask him of where we were going but I just thought that he might not understand me, as well.

Suddenly, he stopped walking. We stopped in front of a cafeteria just few walks from the airport. The young man turned to me and handed me a paper.

    

“Kore wa anata no tamedesu.” (This is for you)

I took the paper and read it. But surprisingly, it was written in Korean.

Please go inside and just wait for me.

I looked at the boy with this confusion and he seemed to understand what I was trying to say. He opened the door of the cafeteria for me and led me to the table where I would wait for the person who wrote the note.

I wasn’t scared earlier but after getting the note, I felt like things were getting weirder. The cafeteria has a nice ambience, though. There were a couple customers coming in and out and it was still too early in the morning to think of creepy things.

Is it possible that Cindy followed me and now, she’s playing pranks on me? I thought. I easily get paranoid when it comes to these things, so Cindy could have thought of it. But no, she’s taking care of the flower shop right now. I continued to think about the note and who wrote it. Then, another lady came to me.

“Ohayou gozaimasu…” as she bowed. “Go chuumonwa?” and she smiled.

I tried to absorb what she just said. If I heard it correctly, she greeted me first and then asked me of what my order is? And that’s how my brain processed everything. I was about to answer her question when a familiar face showed up and answered her.

“Nihai no kohi wo kudasai.” (Two cups of coffee please)  and then after  taking our order, she left us.

What is he doing here?

-----------------------------------

Author's note: 

I'm back! Yay! Did you miss me?? (I hope...) LOL!

Anyway, how's everyone? I just got some new, lovely subscribers! *hugs everyone*

So there's the continuation. Honestly, I was thinking of trying a new writing style for this...but I decided to stick to the orginal. XD 

Well, I hope you still have the interest for my story. Please continue to love, read and comment! 

Saranghaeyo~ <3